Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I got a question about making kimchi,

I made some radish kimchi a month and half? ago and I ate almost all of it but there's some left and some juices in the jar.

Now I got a big napa cabbage and want to make that into kimchi, should I dump the remains of the radish kimchi in with it, or is there some downside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

No, as long as you don't see any mold, this is actually pretty standard practice and a good way to jump-start fermentation (if I remember correctly).

Sadly there was a little bit of white fuzzy mold on the radish kimchee dregs so i just tossed it.

Happily my fresh beautiful bag of gochugaru arrived so i got two insanely good smelling jars of napa cabbage kimchi going now.

I didnt have sweet rice flour or whatevs so I just boiled some rice for a while until it turned into paste and used that.

Also added some leek, and I didnt have the korean shrimps or anything like that so I just did thai fish sauce and my secret ingredient chinese dried scallops :getin: