Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

if they'd been able to write it as the actual show it was with the full cast, s4 at least probably would have been a decent follow up. they still had jokes and some of them are classic AD stuff. it's just a lot of the standalone stories were crappy and some of the characters just aren't as funny as others, and the family dynamics are a big part of the humour. so they did their best with what they had and made something that had some standout moments/episodes but was mostly whatever and sometimes dire.

s5 i remember thinking was actually respectable but i don't remember why. except that i thought maeby was the MVP of that season, both parts. her old folks home scheme and convos with george michael. otherwise yeah i suppose it was forgettable - although the bad atmosphere about tambor which came out at the time probably made me memory hole it too quickly for it to get lodged in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU