Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
There are so many Bocchi friends we haven't met yet! Season 2 must happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
With the extra bit after the end credits, I was expecting an endcard that announced season 2 next year.

Still have hope, though.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
All the jokes involving Bocchi taking photos/videos were great, this was one of the funniest episodes.

Hopefully we'll get a season 2.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I want season 2 real bad because the Kou arc is probably one of my favorite parts of the manga and it must be animated dammit.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why do we not have a :wahaha:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Subtuna posted:

Also
Wa Ha Ha
It should be this.

Maybe with a little animated appearance of WA HA HA above?

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
show was very sweet and funny, I'm also hoping for an S2

Nakosuke is the best, and Aru has my vote for World's Vice Class President any day.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
just finished the manga, WA HA HAt the gently caress am i supposed to do now

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Agronox posted:

just finished the manga, WA HA HAt the gently caress am i supposed to do now

no wait

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 25, 2019

Subtuna
Dec 30, 2008
We’re gonna get a season 2 right guys?

Right?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

:perfect::darksouls: but wa ha ha

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
There better be a second season, Bocchi still has to make freinds with a boy at some point.

Manga question: the translation of Mandadex has Nako call Aru a loser instead of 'unfortunate', is either one of those a more accurute translation? Or is it one of those grey areas where it could mean either thing?

e:

:discourse:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Wasn't there a scene where Aru goes off when Nako was talking about something else being unfortunately true? It doesn't seem like that can work with 'loser'.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Loser makes more sense in English, but localization is always gonna mean some Japanese wordplay gets lost. Unfortunate seems to be the more literal translation, but it comes off pretty unnatural.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Fangz posted:

Wasn't there a scene where Aru goes off when Nako was talking about something else being unfortunately true? It doesn't seem like that can work with 'loser'.

Honestly, it wasn't until the Anime that all the "loser" jokes made sense. It totally doesn't match the intent or meaning of the word they actually use.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It’s also uncharacteristically mean. Aru says she was called “a loser” since the day she was born!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

It’s also uncharacteristically mean. Aru says she was called “a loser” since the day she was born!

that's unfortunate

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

"Too bad" can be pretty nuanced, depending on your intonation.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
There's just not a kind single word for calling someone a bit of a screw-up.

How unfortunate.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What was the pun in the third year student's name, don't cry and?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
"I won't cry", yeah.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's always nice to watch someone extremely skilled at something work. In this case it's a real privilege to see two master ninjas using their skills to the fullest.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 26, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

a kitten posted:

It's always nice to watch someone extremely skilled at something work. In this case it's a real privilege to see two master ninjas using their skills to the fullest.

Gotta T-pose at the wall to intimidate it into hiding your body.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kako got the last laugh using the secret empty Bluray case technique

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A move so subtle that you'd almost think she did it by accident!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
In summation, Bocchi is good, and super strong, and will be your friend if you are in her class.

Sair
May 11, 2007

That was nice.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Last episode was real good but I think it peaked in 11 with Aru running into the door on her way out of the classroom. Aru is perfect.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Last episode was real good but I think it peaked in 11 with Aru running into the door on her way out of the classroom. Aru is perfect.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Have the Aru song lodged into my brain as I head off to work.

I know, it’s unfortunate

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

So does this just become the de facto manga thread now or what

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

So does this just become the de facto manga thread now or what

kai did nothing wrong

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

kai did nothing wrong

Kai needs to make friends with everyone in her class or she doesn't deserve to be Bocchi's friend again.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

I AM THE MOON posted:

kai did nothing wrong

Kai is actually the villain of this show, she's the force ninja master Bocchi must work hard to defeat.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Finished the anime today. Before I'd went in my mental impression of the series was based more on the newer chapters, but what I've realized is that I was really undervaluing Nako. Best friendmom

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I AM THE MOON posted:

kai did nothing wrong

Kai needs to apologize.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
'sorry for making you have a classroom of friends that all think you're precious and amazing'

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Coaaab posted:

'sorry for making you have a classroom of friends that all think you're precious and amazing'

the friends don't justify the means

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Kai is a child trying to fix a problem larger than she can understand using the only means she think of from her limited life experience.

WA HA HA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Yeah, one of the few misfires of the anime IMO is that Bocchi's VA's cries kind of turn Kai into a monster.

In the manga Kai is much more just a good friend trying to use tough love!