Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Muzan is interesting exactly because he isn't some genius who dabbled in the forbidden mystical arts and gained power or whatever. He is really just what happens when a an rear end in a top hat accidentally gets superpowers and no one can stop him for hundreds of years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
muzan being the root cause of every single one of his problems is rad. if he had even just a modicum less narcissistic sociopathy he'd probably have everything he wanted

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Muzan is a bona fide dumbass and I am all for it. He spawned an entire demon slaying organization because he just couldn't stop showing off. He has zero eye for talent and all the stronger demons have just coasted on getting more of his blood than the others. There are a lot of parallels to Dio from JoJo here. The final Upper Rank demons seem like they might actually work on their martial skills and stand out, but maybe it's yet to be revealed what their glaring personality flaws are.

While originally I thought Tokito's fight was a waste, in retrospect once you're able to actually look at the demons without having to worry about your life all the time, you realize how incredibly stupid they are. He's the first one to do it. (Maybe not the first in general but the fight when encountering a strong demon, maybe)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'll always love the inherent pettiness of Muzan's backstory.. He gets granted a miracle with two specific catches, and it's the profoundly lesser of those two that he obsesses over curing.. Because he finds not being able to do whatever he wants to be humiliating. Just the biggest piece of poo poo.

Same energy
https://youtu.be/L3LbxDZRgA4

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Nah, that was the demon poo poo and ptsd

You're thinking of Berserk

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh hey the doctor lady, I'd forgotten all about Tanjiro needing demon blood samples for her. When was the last time that got mentioned lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
you saw the cat grab a vial Tanjiro remembered to extract in the Entertainment arc off the demon brother before he fully vanished

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Did that rando doctor create demons from scratch and literally every demon is "descended" from Muzan or was he tapping into some existing thing? Or is it not known (at this point)?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Qwertycoatl posted:

Did that rando doctor create demons from scratch and literally every demon is "descended" from Muzan or was he tapping into some existing thing? Or is it not known (at this point)?

Random doctor was doing an experimental treatment for Muzan and died in the middle of it.

Every Demon is stated to be descended from Muzan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whatever he did to Muzan created demons because they all come from him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
How are you gonna do the training arc as a whole cour, there's basically nothing to it. Unless you do straight up multiple episodes of filler, which meh.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Probably won’t be a full cour.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Nah, that was the demon poo poo and ptsd

She lost all language faculty and didn't speak for 3 years. Ya ain't gonna be eloquent in the first five minutes after that poo poo wraps up.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Shouldn't they be relocating the swordsmith village instead of rebuilding it since the demons know where it is now and can just attack it again or am I missing something

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

paragon1 posted:

She lost all language faculty and didn't speak for 3 years. Ya ain't gonna be eloquent in the first five minutes after that poo poo wraps up.

Yeah, that’s what I was trying to get across. She got her brain all rewired into a demon brain (plus all the other messed up stuff that happened), holding a normal conversation isn’t gonna come back quick.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Shouldn't they be relocating the swordsmith village instead of rebuilding it since the demons know where it is now and can just attack it again or am I missing something

I think literally the next scene after the anime ends is the Swordsmiths moving to a backup village.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think literally the next scene after the anime ends is the Swordsmiths moving to a backup village.

Hope they strictly enforce a no vases policy

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AtheistMantis posted:

Hope they strictly enforce a no vases policy

Nah, you can have vases, just make sure they're not ugly and asymmetrical and you're good.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Random doctor was doing an experimental treatment for Muzan and died in the middle of it.

Every Demon is stated to be descended from Muzan.

So did Muzan become a demon because he looked at the blood soaked medicine and was like, "well, I can't let it go to waste, bottoms up!"?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Eighties ZomCom posted:

So did Muzan become a demon because he looked at the blood soaked medicine and was like, "well, I can't let it go to waste, bottoms up!"?

No. The medicine just kicked in a short while later.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
unknown herbal medicine doctor was so close to curing cancer, but muzan was too much of a baby

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Cures cancer but turns you into a Dracula.

gently caress it, I'd take that trade if the other option was a slow and painful death.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
So what was the giant lump on that dude's head anyway?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Need a big brain for big brain excuses.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Had that thought too. Also that blindfolding tanjiro and poo poo was also goofy af considering lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish they'd added filler of Tanjirou, Zenitsu and Inosuke comparing notes on their breathing styles earlier so this would've felt like it was foreshadowed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Get ready to slay some demons Spring 2024-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoRfIHRyVZc

Really like the look of semi-retired Tengen.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Good lord I'll have to rewatch last season, I don't even remember where it ended.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It ended at the end of the swordsmith village arc.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Good lord I'll have to rewatch last season, I don't even remember where it ended.

It ended with Nezuko becoming a Daywalker.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I just hope To The Hashira Training is less :effort: than To The Swordsmith Village.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Hashira Training Arc premieres with a 1 hour episode :hmmyes:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, I don't dislike the new trend of getting 2-4 episodes at once on premieres.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How much manga is left to animate?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sakurazuka posted:

2 arcs. Hashira Training, then the final.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Sakurazuka posted:

Last season ended around midway through volume 15, of 23 volumes total.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It's basically just a bunch of fights left

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

2 arcs. Hashira Training, then the final.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they split up the final arc with the majority of it being a season and then the actual final battle being a movie.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I be fine if they went Heavens Feel and just made high budget movies for the rest of the arcs, with maybe some episodes ovas in between for the intermission cooldown arcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just watched the Swordsmith season. Probably the weakest season along with the first one. But there were some really great eye candy in terms of animation. I know there is some great work being done by studios like MAPPA, Wit, Bones and Madhouse but Ufotable is on another level. They legit get as close to film quality as you can. I remember they had some amazing scenes in Fate/Stay but I found that world to be so bland.

Some negative stuff.... Felt like the Tanjiro and squad figured out really quickly how to kill the upper ranks in this season and there was no escalation or surprise. How they had to kill the fear demon was literally found by Tanjiro in like 10 seconds into the encounter. While fighting the twins in the last arc was just surprise after surprise.

Kanroji was also the least interesting Hashira so far. Her story was literally, men hate me because of my hair color and I am physically strong? I am pretty sure any man living in the world of Demon Slayer with loving demons murdering people left & right would love a women who could fight back. So it just seemed really poorly written or thought out by the author. Her music theme and fight scene were pretty good though. Tokito's story was more interesting but it seemed like they didn't really spend any of the budget for his fight.