Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh hey the real story is starting! Hurray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mulderman posted:

Not the biggest fan of the manga's art.

How dare you, the comedy scenes are by far the funniest things drawn in WSJ

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I love this manga but the very first arc and so isn't great and Gotoge doesn't really get into the flow of things until later

Luckily it starts now!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The real powerful moment isn't the Muzan intro but when Tanjirou tells the guy that the only thing to deal with things is to keep moving. When he lashes out at Tanjirou, despite all the horror he went through losing his family, he doesn't miss a beat and forgives him instantly because he understands he's hurting and wishes him well. Because Tanjirou is a good boy.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's certainly a very human motivation

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Again, pretty human if you ask me

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The CG was pretty good I didn't even realize it until the scenes were almost over. There does seem to be a weird thing all over this episode that has nothing to do with CG. A few of the scenes felt uncharacteristically wooden, like the part where Tanjirou is defending Nezuko's honour, the scene where Tanjirou kinda repeats to himself to not let his guard down or the part where the kid goes invisible. Those bits are so jarring it almost makes the show feel amateurish or low budget until the next good cut comes on screen again.

Considering they spent like half a minute after the commercials to play a scene from literally the previous episode, the awkwardness of the pacing and dead air could just be them trying to find places they could stretch the episode out for whatever reason.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Pretty sure Kanroji isn't here for a long time??

Eej fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 9, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Please do not impugn the name of my good friend Zenitsu

https://twitter.com/Classic_W_/status/1138385325766524928

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eej posted:

Please do not impugn the name of my good friend Zenitsu

https://twitter.com/Classic_W_/status/1138385325766524928

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Expect My Mom posted:

Okay, Yushiros, it's fine I wasn't questioning the integrity of Lady Tamayo, I understand her function in the story and that she'll return but it just seems this story adds or drops characters and ideas pretty quickly. Like it's not a stretch for me to think that Tanjiro will be draining and storing blood from the demons he's killing, but I have to just think Well, He Does It. How will Nezuko deal with being a demon and that her brother dedicates his life for her and undergoes grueling training? Oh she doesn't, she just naps for seven hundred days until there's room for her in the story. Same with the three other Demon Hunters we see at the exam final that don't get named or barely talked to by Tanjiro or each other until it's time for electric boy to be in the plot.

I guess I just want this story to chill out a bit and breath, but it's a bit of revolving door on a lot of fronts. Which is totally understandable is this as the creator's first big work and she's pretty young, it's just a bit frustrating is all

This is fair, I might have read too deply into her saying "They're too weak"

All of the seemingly important people are important even if they seem to disappear for a while

hth

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Zenitsu is a normal boy thrust into an insane world of demons and demon slayers

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Please, they're all the best

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I have no gripes about this episode because Gotoge kept crying after watching the episode over and over again and I will not besmirch her happiness

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The end of the Chimera Ants arc is what makes it tbh

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
kanroji ftw

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Shinjobi posted:

Zenitsu is perfect and should be in every scene

Whenever he's gone people should be turning off the show

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/hafurist/status/1173217174489632769?s=19

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well if they want to dump movie budget into the demon train arc what can I say

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Quick someone check if there are tax rebates for making anime movies

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/kusi0124/status/1178274097387585536

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL at Japanese people scratching their head at the English translation of S2. You know you got some serious hang ups about sexuality when glorious Nippon giving you the side eye for being too conservative. Pretty funny stuff

posting in the formerly named Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse forum to remark on the prudishness of the American mind in comparison to the sexual progressiveness of anime

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Conspiratiorist posted:

The Demon Slayers should give up fighting demons in secret and instead use their supernatural swording skills to violently overthrow the government and implement a cultural revolution more in line with 21st century western humanism.

I mean the Demon Slayers are contemporary with the rise of Bolshevism so... why not?

E: KnY takes place roughly 30 years or so after the publication of Engels' The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State too

Eej fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's a bit of a contrarian take out there that says Ufotable is a little overrated because they put CG effects on top of animation and their traditional 2D animation isn't anything worth writing home about but those kinds of people have 5,000 posts on sakugabooru so I'm not sure they're worth listening to