Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
There's a cute skit after the credits, so watch that preview.

Also, I feel like I need a gif of Nezuko popping her head out of that hole like a rabbit. "Where's Nezuko?!" *pop* "Oh, there she is."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

Tanjiro is and continues to be a very good boy to the point it's his greatest strength. His empathy runs unbelievably deep and it gets to even his enemies consistently, because demons are basically brutal caricatures of the people they used to be.

This show is a long series of people going "What the gently caress is wrong with you? You can't be such a good boy--demons will eat you!" and him continuing to be The Goodest Boy.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Love that this episode we got one of this manga's trademark Goofy Faces for Tanjirou being bewildered at the size of Tokyo.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Conspiratiorist posted:

It's no secret: Tamayo wasn't making it up when she described Muzan as a petty and domineering paranoid for whom demons are tools to manipulate towards his ends (and whims).

I actually quite like how he hits all the sociopath marks and is therefore too impulsive to be a true scheming mastermind villain, and that the reason why despite all his power he doesn't confront the Demon Slayers personally is because he's a loving coward and won't risk running into someone capable of doing him in.

It also potentially explains why he just makes demons sometimes. To keep the Corps busy and away from him.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Electric Phantasm posted:

Inosuke is gonna teach the gang swears and it's gonna rule.

Nah, Nezuko teaches everybody demon swears.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Lurking Haro posted:

Hhmm, hhmmm, hhmmppfff!

Nezuko, that's filthy!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
So I've seen the Mugen Train movie and I've seen anime original episode with the Flame Hashira. Am I missing anything anything if I skip ahead?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Cool. Just gonna grab all those sweet Taisho Secrets and then head on to the Entertainment District.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Elfface posted:

I'm always down for Nezuko getting to do more stuff. And now she gets to talk during the Taisho Secret! Her VA gets lines that isn't just -snarl gnash grrr-

The neck-snapping force of the tonal shift in the Taisho Secret segment made me laugh. It was great.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

OnimaruXLR posted:

After that I kind of have to wonder, and maybe this is touched on later in the manga, how all this oni business stays quiet. Yoshiwara just exploded. That seems hard to keep secret, even in the Taisho period.

I know it's not treated like some MIB-level "NO ONE CAN KNOW" deal, and Muzan goes out of his way to avoid (direct) attention, but... Yoshiwara just loving exploded

I mean, the Demon Slayer Corps is more trying to keep their existence a secret because the government of Japan at the time wouldn't have taken kindly to a paramilitary organization of swordsmen.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

davidHalestorm posted:

I know this show doesn't really discuss the politics of that era of Japan. But drat, when World War 1 or 2 comes around, Tanjiro and whoever else that survives this story is going to get drafted.

Eh, it's like 1913. They'll probably be outside of draft age. Or in Inosuke's case, living in the mountains.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The movie just hit at a time when Demon Slayer was ridiculously popular. It's a good arc, certainly, just not the best in the series. I'd say Spider Mountain or Entertainment District might be close to best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I will always champion the ending.