Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So um, will this show be like Hunter x Hunter where two of the four characters in the OP disappear for the entire series after the first arc until the end? Because that's my hope with Zenitsu. It's like the author thought: "Hey, I saw One Piece! Usopp is hilarious! I'm going to do that x100000000000000000000000000 without any of the charm and instead of sporadic bursts it'll be constant! Instead of self-important boasting it'll be high-pitched whining! It'll be amazing."

Been a smooth ride until now and it took a lot of willpower to get through this episode. If this is what's in store then I think this show isn't for me. Is it one of these situations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikGvLUbOuU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kinda almost as if the show's underlying theme is how a person, or people, in power exploit society's most vulnerable and turn them into cruel and base creatures.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The leader of this organization sure is something. Taking all these broken people and weaponizing their grief and pain. No wonder why demons exist when you have folks like these in high positions in this organization.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Just goes to show that Tanjiro showing a bit of empathy and pity goes a long way.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm looking forward to checking that out when it shows up on Funi's service. I rewatched the show earlier in the month and I was reminded how much I really liked it the first time around.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The more broken and tragic your backstory the more potential you have for becoming super powerful. That's the shounen way!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

GateOfD posted:

Kind of a mid-finale.
I was like no way, are they gonna kill Nezuko this early, cause if they did, for such a lame fight, I would have been pissed.
I think I prefer gagged Nezuko after hearing her talk though.

The emotion demon's backstory was such a non-backstory, I don't know why they even bothered. Turns out he was exactly how he presented himself? okay...

Muzan is such a whiny bitch. Does he just kill someone and take over their role with his body shifting skills or hypnosis. He sure seems to go thru identities fast.
wtf @ the random rear end doctor that just happened to make an elixir to make demons/eternal life.

I dunno, I appreciated that emotion demon guy was just always a piece of poo poo. It's a refreshing change from a sob story you'd get from the lesser demons. And yeah, Muzen is such a fantastic villain. He has no depth but its fun to hate that petty loser. I appreciate villains that are entertaining to hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Need a big brain for big brain excuses.