Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah the latest episode has made up for the biggest flaw of the previous arc, which was a lack of Nezuko kicking the poo poo out of demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

My only gripe is that I'm let down that the demon that killed Tanjiro's family is The Big Bad Demon Guy From Centuries Past. it has the opposite effect and just makes that plot thread way less cool.

I thought this at the time, but now we've met The Big Bad Demon Guy From Centuries Past I'm actually fine with it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

So anime only people what are your theories on Muzan.

My current guess is that he has a wife and kid in roughly the same way that a normal person might have a pet despite eating meat

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

So that means Muzan is def the one who killed Tanjirous family, meaning that someone there injured Muzan enough for his blood to be drawn to get into Nezukos wounds?

Or am i not supposed to think this hard?

He just made a demon at the end of the latest episode without anyone injuring him.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm hoping it turns out he had a good reason for lurking around in the forest and murdering Tanjirou's family. I get the feeling he does, he doesn't seem to be the sort to just randomly murder everyone because whatever.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The first half of the episode also felt like padding for time. Way too many scenes of Tanjiro saying it would be hard to get to the demon

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

When they're travelling at night then Nezuko should walk and Zenitsu should be in the box

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Man modern anime productions really despise using actual narrators don't they?

I guess they did try harder to sort of explain it in context but the point of that attack at the end is that it's designed to kill demons painlessly- but it only works when they offer their own necks willingly.

Water Breathing Fifth Form - Good Boy Strike

Wark Say posted:

Kaguya-sama narrator or bust! :colbert:

Kaiji narrator or bust!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Nezuko spending her whole life in the box is probably my biggest complaint about this series

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

She should be out of the box whenever it's night and they're not around people who would freak out

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah but I'd like it better if it had been written so that she sustained herself by munching on defeated demons or special medicine from demon doctor lady or what have you

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Normally I don't like a sudden powerup asspull but holy poo poo that was amazing

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Gazaar posted:

It was OK, but we didn't need like 3 episodes or w/e about this guy.

I feel like the show's got too slow in general. Feels like we're getting a whole season just for two demons who pad things out by never shutting up

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I hope she's okay handling that dragon thing on her own, her backstory doesn't seem nearly tragic enough to beat an upper rank demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Did that rando doctor create demons from scratch and literally every demon is "descended" from Muzan or was he tapping into some existing thing? Or is it not known (at this point)?