Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I know this show doesn't really discuss the politics of that era of Japan. But drat, when World War 1 or 2 comes around, Tanjiro and whoever else that survives this story is going to get drafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
God drat it, that scene of Tanjiro and the Upper Moon siblings got me again. I cried when I first read it in the manga and now the anime just made it worse for me

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Conspiratiorist posted:

Well you know how in a typical shounen the heroes would be confronting all of the BBEGs generals in sequence, sometimes having multiple bouts with them, until some final confrontation where only the BBEG and their most powerful general are left?

KnY first compacted that timetable by having Muzan himself off a third of his demon generals. Since there's 5 Upper Moons and 2 story arcs left, it's no secret to say it's going to get squished further.

It still all works out well, has an actual conclusion rather than abrupt cut, and some of the best fights are still ahead but it *is* rushed.

I didn't read the manga arcs that's before the Entertainment District arc. Did the anime add or expand scenes for those previous arc?

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'll always love the inherent pettiness of Muzan's backstory.. He gets granted a miracle with two specific catches, and it's the profoundly lesser of those two that he obsesses over curing.. Because he finds not being able to do whatever he wants to be humiliating. Just the biggest piece of poo poo.

I'm kind of the opposite here, the reveal that Muzan, the origin/King of all demon, is just that he's just some guy who ate some random drug from a random unnamed doctor is really unsatisfying for me. I don't mind that he's a petty rear end in a top hat, Father from FMA:Brotherhood is a petty rear end in a top hat too (just to name a sort of similar bad guy) but he's much more interesting than Muzan