Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

i had like 200 chapters of the manga to binge so i never really had issues with the pacing

though in the show version of things the flashbacks and cuts elsewhere come off way more obtrusive and bad to me, that's my only real complaint

Manga's on like 160 chapters!

I know, I'm a pedant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Expect My Mom posted:

Probably shouldn't even ask this so maybe don't answer, but for manga readers, how long of a series does this feel? Like is the end in sight or could this keep running for a couple more years. I've always come in pretty late to the newer Shonen Jump stuff so I'm excited to be on the ground floor, of the anime adaptation at least

I think the series is supposed to be on its final arc, so I'd assume it would end within 2 years.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched it twice last month, sorta wanna watch it once in 4DX, but I also need to watch other movies like Soul.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I decided to get around to watching more anime this year so I picked up the anime, watched the Rengoku episode and then skipped Mugen Train cause I saw the movie like three times in theaters. Then I watched all currently released 6 episodes at midnight.

Even though I've already read the manga to completion and know what's going to happen, I still found time flying by in an instant, and couldn't stop watching until I was out of episodes because each episode seemed so short and left me wanting for more. Whenever the ED rolled by, I was like, "Wait, is the episode already over???? I can't stop here, I'll just watch one more!" and before I knew it it was past 2 am.

So my conclusion is that Kimetsu S2 is super awesome.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The one (minor) thing I disliked about the newest episode was how slow Inosuke's final attack felt.

Like, I'm not expecting Zenichi levels of speed but it didn't feel like he was actually charging ahead with all his strength.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah Innosuke does that in the movie, too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CJ posted:

I thought he just closed his eyes so he wouldn't keep getting put to sleep and didn't realise he never got put in a dream. All the cuts to him killing himself had him in the forest next to his home.

Enmu can also put people to sleep with a voice command uttered by the mouth on his hand, which he also does in the movie.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Madurai posted:

A good time overall, though I'm not fond of the extreme fight scene time compression that the series has (mostly) avoided so far. Nezuko got some time in the sun, even if her bits of dialogue were only in flashback.

Don't give Nezuko time in the sun you loving monster, what the gently caress is wrong with you, you want her to burn????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought the art was a bit rough when I started but it grew on me and I liked its jankiness, especially for the small, comedic scenes.

This was before the anime was even announced.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally got around to watching all the new episodes. Good poo poo, dig the new OP.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Tanjiro has nearly died several times during the fight, only being saved cause Genya and Nezuko are borderline immortal and have stopped him from taking fatal blows. Fighting Hantengu is nearly impossible if you don't have some way of locating his real body, the Emotion Demons near instantly recover, so fighting four strong Demons at the same time when you can't do anything to kill them makes victory near impossible. Even if you do figure out the Mouse Size Hantengu trick somehow, actually finding him should be super hard cause the Emotions will work even harder to defend him.

+ Hantengu is fuckin' sturdy as poo poo, Genya could shoot body parts off the Emotions with no issue but his bullets did jack poo poo to the fucker.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tokito is literally a genius who became a Pillar before Tanjiro and Co. even became Demon Slayers, and he's younger than them by a year.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Poppers posted:

I didn’t care for it. Why is Tokito so strong he can one shot the 5th strongest demon and survive all that poison while Uzui was getting destroyed 1v1 by the 6th strongest demon and he’s literally trained to withstand poison. Boring power creep…

Tokito is a child prodigy + had the superpower buff. Gyokko also does not have anti-beheading measures like Daki and Gyutaro, so one beheading is all you really need. One shot is literally all you need for most demons, to be honest. Because you just gotta take their head off. Everything else is just parrying, blocking, or dodging.

Uzui wasn't really 1 v 1ing since the very nature of Gyutaro and Daki means that you can't kill them unless both are beheaded. Also Uzui takes time to ramp up cause he has to analyze his opponent - once his score was completed he was holding his own against Gyutaro despite losing an arm and a fuckton of blood + being poisoned.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyways Uzui himself laments that he's not a genius like a lot of the other Pillars*. Uzui's strength is derived from years of brutal, hellish ninja training that resulted in the death of a bunch of his siblings.

Meanwhile in this arc we have Kanroji who was literally born different, and Tokito, the wunderkind.

In Mugen Train we had Rengoku, who almost 1v1'd the 3rd strongest Upper Moon to death AND was primarily self-taught (his dad never taught him the Fire Breathing Style; Rengoku had to rely on texts).

No wonder Uzui feels sorta down on himself** even though he's still an insanely strong dude.

quote:

Do I look like someone with any talent? [...] See, this country is vast. It's teeming with people who'd blow your mind. Some are complete enigmas. Some can take up a sword and become a Hashira in two months. Me, chosen? Don't give me that crap! Just how many lives do you think I've let slip through my fingers until now?

** Though a part of this is just guilt over his past in general, since he also expresses admiration for Shinobu, who doubles as a healer and saves lives, in contrast to Uzui's PTSD over killing his siblings.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What I love about Muzan is that he isn't some charismatic overlord, he's just a whiny poo poo with way too much power for his own good and throws very dangerous tantrums (see: him murdering off all the Lower Moons after his favorite got killed or getting pissy at Akaza).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AtheistMantis posted:

Hope they strictly enforce a no vases policy

Nah, you can have vases, just make sure they're not ugly and asymmetrical and you're good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked the arc cause I got to see Muichiro sass the gently caress outta Gyokko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I went last last Saturday and it was full. Mostly peeps in their 20s and 30s I think.