Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just watched the Swordsmith season. Probably the weakest season along with the first one. But there were some really great eye candy in terms of animation. I know there is some great work being done by studios like MAPPA, Wit, Bones and Madhouse but Ufotable is on another level. They legit get as close to film quality as you can. I remember they had some amazing scenes in Fate/Stay but I found that world to be so bland.

Some negative stuff.... Felt like the Tanjiro and squad figured out really quickly how to kill the upper ranks in this season and there was no escalation or surprise. How they had to kill the fear demon was literally found by Tanjiro in like 10 seconds into the encounter. While fighting the twins in the last arc was just surprise after surprise.

Kanroji was also the least interesting Hashira so far. Her story was literally, men hate me because of my hair color and I am physically strong? I am pretty sure any man living in the world of Demon Slayer with loving demons murdering people left & right would love a women who could fight back. So it just seemed really poorly written or thought out by the author. Her music theme and fight scene were pretty good though. Tokito's story was more interesting but it seemed like they didn't really spend any of the budget for his fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Tatsuta Age posted:

they won easily because tanjiro has a powerful nose and the hashira had heaving breasts, simple as

That nose and that forehead is something else true.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

It took 3 episodes to figure out how to kill Hantengu with the fight starting at episode 3, and they still were not able to do it until the finale.

Maybe it was just the arc not having much content in the original manga. The entertainment district arc, Zenitsu dissappearance happens in the 4 episode, it's still setting up for the fight and there is bit more mystery as to what the powers of the Upper Six are.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RuBisCO posted:

Also most of the population (somehow) aren't aware of the existence of demons. To the point that the Entertainment District being levelled roughly corresponds to a real-life fire in 1911 that wiped out the same red light district it's based on.

Ya forgot that detail, so it makes more sense with that.

But I think it's not outrageous to say this season was the worst. It was still good but compared to the past season, I really felt like there was no stress. Tokito just destroyed the Upper Rank 5 by himself while in every other previous encounters even the Hashiras with help were struggling to fight the Upper ranks. There was a reason no Upper rank hadn't been killed for such a long time,. Just the previous season we saw a Upper Rank 6 taking on a Hashira + all his friends.