Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ibblebibble posted:

Still mildly confused as to whether the water effects are a visual metaphor for Tanjiro's moves or if he actually does summon water blades using his breathing.

Either way they look kicking rad.

It's ambiguous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Not translated but we have a preview for the villains of the next arc who appear in the opening.

https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/sta...video%2F.146423

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tir McDohl posted:

His reaction to being told the demon was defeated seemed to indicate that he knew about it, I thought.

Well I assume he was told most of the story off screen, and was just relieved that Tanjirou had defeated it after being told.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

an actual dog posted:

Yea Urokodaki knows about the demon. It's why he's so hesitant to send Tanjirou to the selection, and why he seems to be training him specifically to take out this demon. If you're wondering why he doesn't kill it himself, well it's called "the selection" lol.

I thought the Ghosts were training Tanjirou to take out the Demon, Urokodaki was just hesitant cause all of his students died.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
As well as one of the other guys doing the exam said the demons trapped up there were supposed to be fairly weak ones who had only eaten a few people. If the Demon Hunters knew there was a powerful demon in there I think they would have eliminated it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Swamp Demon is such a creep.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Expect My Mom posted:

Oh okay, I totally missed that, so it was a demon created from a human turned into a demon. Does that imply that theoretically Nezuko's blood could do the same thing?

I think only Muzan's direct progeny can create more demons, from my limited knowledge.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I did really like Muzan's intro.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So anime only people what are your theories on Muzan.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

paragon1 posted:

Muzan being able to blend into society at this level also means he presents a pretty unique challenge to demon slayers just in his environment. Most of their skillset seems to be centered around taking out whacked out super cannibals out on the rural fringe or in dark alleys. where there aren't a ton of people around.

There is also the fact that Demons don't tend to work together. But Muzan can easily create them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The last demon we saw said that he ate young girls because if they got older, they smelled bad.

Just ... FYI.

He also said that he should be thanked for eating them before they got uglier.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
You guys should have a better grasp of what Muzan is like now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

UnfurledSails posted:

I love it when a non-satire story has antagonists that are impossible to just overpower directly so you have to beat them by figuring them out and outsmarting them in some way. Not only it's more interesting than "my attack is better than your attack" it also makes for a more sensible story where the protagonists don't have to become stupidly overpowered over time to handle raising stakes.

It makes sense for this series as demons by default are stronger and more resilient then any human. Susamaru is just the first example of one that could not be directly beaten.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

I think it's still just metaphorical water. All he's doing is making sure he catches what's-his-name's vector attacks with the blade - it's still the sword getting pulled on, not the water.

Yahaba.

I would say between the two Susamaru is the stronger one of two demons. Yahaba seemed more support.

Also congrats guys we found out the name of the Villain Boss squad. The Twelve Demon Moons.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He's trying really hard to seem focused and with conviction but just comes out as being a dolt thats struggling to stay alive

The scene is immediately before Yushiro tells Tamayo they should flee while the other two fight, its supposed to be comedic.

Tanjiro is actually pretty clever and analytical with it comes to fights. A dummy would not have been able to think his way through Yahaba's attacks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Crunchyroll's Translation seemed a bit off this week.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth Walrus posted:

Because two of his weakest recruits crippled and almost murdered them. Muzan is not someone with whom you gently caress.

Well they were not two of his weakest. From the sound of it they were prospective Demon Moons, who could have joined the Twelve if they accomplished the task he set for them.

Dzhay posted:

That was true before the corps had a guy who could recognise and track him by smell, now they know what he looks like and roughly where he lives.

In Tokyo one of the largest Cities in the world and Tanjiro only got his scent by chance when he was close by. Then lost him right away when he created a new Demon to distract. Plus Susamaru probably would have killed Tanjiro if Tamayo had not outsmarted her, taking on Stronger Demons would likely be a bad idea.

Plus if Muzan got more people coming after him, he could just leave.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 9, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well the thing Tanjiro was saying at the end is that he is glad that Nezuko still seems to have her own will, because the hypnosis was to see humans as her family, and Tamayo and Yushiro are not humans, but Nezuko was seeing them that way anyway, meaning she can interpret and impose her own will on how she sees things.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Zenitsu was also the 29th most popular character..... In The Promised Neverland.

I think he's the 2nd most popular character in Yaiba currently. Also this episode is pretty much him at his worst, he never gets this bad again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am fond of the Drum Demon's power set.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I wish they did not half translate Twelve Demon Moons.

Anyway my guess is that Susamaru and Yahaba were considered potential replacements for Kyogai in the ranks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anime only people now that you got Kyogai a former member of the Twelve how do you think they were ranked knowing that Kyogai used to be Lower Moon Six.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Susamaru was still a higher class Demon so her blood could be helpful.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Spoiler comments

Your putting some spoilers in here. As the structure of the Twelve Demon Moons has not been explained yet.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 24, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Manatee Cannon posted:

that whole scene got drawn out a lot and inosuke looks a lot worse for it

It did not seem much longer in the manga. He looked like a right fucker there too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah the Spider Family are not a good family.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Spider Family probably the creepiest Demons seen so far.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Most of the VA's in this series even for minor characters are fairly big names.

Nezuko had a pretty notable actress and she only got like one line that was not grunts and growls.

Anyway Rui's voice actor is Kouki Uchiyama who is indeed Meruem and Tomura Shigaraki.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There is also the fact that she kind of almost acts like an animal then a person at some points. Like a pet cat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well that was awesome and beautifully animated.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gnome7 posted:

And Nezuko has a blood art now!

It's a cool one too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Tanjiro's family was also stated to work with fire. Which is the reason the Swordsmith thought it would be Red.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JackDarko posted:

I had heard that Yorknew City arc was pretty bad.

Who told you that, Yorknew has always been seen as a great arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am pretty sure that the Father Spider Demon transformation was possibly him removing the modifications Rui made to him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I did feel some pity for the Elder Sister Demon, even though she was a bad person. Given the focus she got I was originally wondering if it was planned for her to be spared and turn, but Gotoge changed her mind and decided to use her to show off Shinobu.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm not *super* bothered by it, but I do wish Rui was just more expressive of a character so the audience could get more of a sense that he panicked/actually thought Tanjiro was about to kill him for a second. That way it would at least feel like Tanjiro won a small victory just by freaking Rui out.

Well he would not have cut his head off if he did not think Tanjiro was about to kill him.

Conspiratiorist posted:

But the point with the sister's taunting and the flashback was to show that even for a demon (who have to turn psychopathic as a survival strategy) she was unusually cruel and duplicitous - we get right into her head, so we see how all she ever cared about was herself, and that remaining part of the family and playing the house game was a decision driven by self-interest rather than fear of Rui. She gets angry for loving up, because she had been playing it perfectly up until that point. Unlike the mother and the other sister who were disgusted and terrified, she was consciously using him to her advantage.

I would not mark her as especially cruel and duplicitous. Just cowardly and purely interested in self preservation.

She joined up with Rui cause he was strong, and would help protect her. She sold out the other sister, because she did not want to leave the protection Rui offered, did not want Rui to take his anger out on her if she escaped, and wanted to increase her standing in Rui's eyes. When the family was being defeated by the Demon Slayers she relies on Father to protect her, before trying to convince Rui to escape with her, so she can keep his protection. When Rui expresses interest in Nezuko she worries about Rui abandoning her. When she realizes that Shinobu is dangerous she immediately begs Shinobu to spare her.

The only time her self preservation instincts lower is when her fear of Shinobu is overpowered by her anger at Shinobu for offering her false hope.

And it was false hope, Shinobu never had any intention of sparing her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think I figured out the origin of the headless Demon the Mother manipulated. He was likely a member of the family that displeased Rui and so was reduced to a puppet for the Mother to use.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
With this episode it is clear that Shinobu never had any intentions of sparing the Sister.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also for the most part the Demons did not have a choice and were warped by Muzan. Tanjiro explains its it well that they are tragic creatures.

Also might as well just state this, when a Demon is dying memories of their lives flood into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oh Snapple! posted:

Boy I wonder if there were any parallels being drawn with the guy who preyed on a deathly sick child's feelings of weakness and helplessness and other trauma to create a monster.

Rui even mimicked Muzan's pose.