Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spiritus Nox posted:

"The hero prays for his fallen foe to find peace in the hereafter" is a well-worn action saw, but it's a good one and Tanjiro did a good job of making it feel genuine. That's the sort of thing I hope we get more of.

Thats usually relegated to a one liner.

Like other posters said Tanjiro is not just a genuine good boy
Hes the goodest boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He still sounds like a dolt

Hes a dork, but not an idiot.
He was trying to be polite.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zenitsu is a good boy
he knows what he signed up for.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ive been watching a select few of the episodes and this anime is some good poo poo adaptation.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wark Say posted:

Yoshitsugu Matsuoka was perfect for Inosuke.

I have no loving idea who this is but I 100% agree.
Perfect Inosuke voice. Just like what I had in my head.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rody One Half posted:

What y'all need to understand about Zenitsu is unlike say, Mineta, he is not merely an anime pervert but actually completely insane, way moreso than Inousuke.

Applies Everyone in the demon slayer corps
Inosuke may be the most normal person of them alll

Zenitsus mug has "you gotta be crazy to work here" on it

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 8, 2019

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Martial arts breathing bullshit is why zenitsu can cut with the sound of thunder.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Goddamn I was waiting for the dance of the fire god to get animated.

yessss its real good

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The dance of the fire god is one of the central plot threads of KnY, as well as who exactly were Tanjirous family and why the dance is so important.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Using CGI to fill out the scenes that need less detail probably helps too.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shinobu is real good
trust me on this

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Pillars make up for being the strong cjaracter squad by being immensely entertaining.

Like Shinobu
Who owns

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lt. Lizard posted:

sigh... of course Rui gets half of an episode for his tragic backstory, a moment of pity from good-boy Tanshiro and implied forgiveness in afterlife, because I guess he shown a regret in literally last second he spent living on this earth?

Yeah...whatever, at least this new stuff with Demon Hunter Organization looks great.

Tanjiro isnt a shonen Jesus type.
Its not forgiveness, its pity.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lets just say Muzan hand picks the moons for a reason.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It is absolutely understandable that they all loving hate demons and just want to loving kill them all because up till now they have never witness a truly good girl like Nezuko.

Yeah ALL the pillars are good and lovely and wonderful boys and girls that live in an uncaring, demon infested shiteworld.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well the high positions, other than his, have nothing to do with leadership skill or aptitude for it. It's purely based on whoever was badass enough to kill enough powerful demons and not die in the line of duty. Seriously in a recent extra it's stated the only prerequisites for becoming a Pillar are 1: Having slain at least 50 demons, which is normally at least 50 missions as demons are normally solitary. 2: Having slain one of the Twelve Demon Moons which shows you were not just getting by going after scrubs

There are definite narrative reasons why the pillars are who they are.

If the demons are intended to be vicious mirrors of humanity then the pillars are humanitys strengths in the face of adversity.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

*breathes menacingly*

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I'm anime only but I read that as a result of being constantly in a state of total concentration breathing which is why a bunch of the hashiras have the same pupilless eyes

Yeah martial arts breathing bullshit is the muscles equivalent of that myth that we only use 5% of our brain.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There Bias Two posted:

I was thinking about this too. Are there any other animes that have had the author add additional arcs to them?

It really feels like editorial intervention made her cut the manga short, so maybe she'd be more open to having the complete story be animated.

No details, but apparently shes been having personal life troubles, so that has definitely affected the manga.
I wouldnt want anyone dealing with issues to have to also manage doing a jump manga, especially not their first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electric Phantasm posted:

Inosuke is gonna teach the gang swears and it's gonna rule.

How dare you. Its the other way around.

Inosuke learns how to swear and now wont stop