Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Madurai posted:

I always feel vaguely cheated when the plot isn't "uncage Nezuko, watch her whip rear end." Maybe next season.

Nezuko should get a sword and make up her own Demon Blood art demon breathing technique with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

threeagainstfour posted:

The battle between Uzui and Tengen was so beautifully animated I had to clip it. I particularly love the bit where they are going at it, and as they are screaming at each other the camera keeps cutting back and forth from their faces to the battle until it is fully zoomed in on just their eyes.

I read the rules and I didn't see anything against sharing short clips from a show. Obviously spoilers for the fight if you haven't watched the latest episode.

EDIT: I went ahead and re-recorded it to capture the entire fight. New clip URL below if anyone wants to watch it. Be sure to click on the little gear icon and enable 1080p.

https://streamable.com/6c33qi

I'm late joining the thread but thank you for making that clip, because everyone on youtube keeps skipping around it and cutting poo poo out. The visualization of Uzui's score before he starts cutting through Gyutaro's blood art is a key part of the fight!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GateOfD posted:

wonder how much of demon slayer's success is due to ufotable.

like I did look at the manga chapters a bit, and the art is kind of rough around the edges. And at times, dare say, looks really bad.

throw some ufo magic at it, and boom, its the best looking thing out there.

As far as I know, the anime's why the series made that leap in popularity in the first place. I think they were like what, 20 or so chapters away from wrapping up the manga when it got announced?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually the anime was announced early during the arc we are on. Which started a little before the midway point. Chapter 98 of 205.

I don't know where or what I'm getting my information from then. My memory of it is that the manga was either made to wrap up or the serious event in Gotouge's life happened pretty late into the manga and so it kinda just sped to the end like 30 chapters away or something.

Or maybe I'm just using the wrong word and it's not that the anime announcement that got it a ton of attention and it was the release of it.

I dunno how I got my info mixed exactly but looking at wikipedia it looks like it wasn't till the anime ended and people were talking about it that it got a huge boom in viewers so, for late 2019 and it ending May 18 2020, that sounds about right.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I demand they give Nezuko a sword too

Also the first part of this where Tanjiro, Nezuko and Tokiko are all in the room together was fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUNVoKzmwl0

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GateOfD posted:

I guess its the aspect where there's just too few hashiras and they need to keep sending them across japan to deal with demons.

but looking at the upper moon demons.
its just yea maybe the hashiras should team up more often. Its all been fights so far where a hashira would 100% lose if they were by themselves.
all of them so far weres ones where they split up other than the martial arts one. and the jar one just seems to overwealm the fighter with a jar army

They'd probably love to gang up on the Upper Moons. The problem is that they can't teleport like how all the 12 Kizuki basically can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBoYEsP6xQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0llEWtA5U

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope he takes after Inosuke and carries around an extra sword just in case, because he seems to have quite bad luck with breaking and losing his.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ten Water Breathing forms + 1 Giyu either learned or created himself
Thunder Breathing has 3 forms and Zenitsu only managed to learn/master 1
No clue how many forms Beast Breathing has

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

C-Euro posted:

My wife claims that this show is about family dynamics, but I maintain that it's about how much trauma you'd actually have to go through in order to be an anime teen badass.

Worked extremely well for Batman after all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just waiting to see if Mitsuri also has a Tomboy Thrust in her technique arsenal

Yawgmoft posted:

Kimetsu No Yaiba: fundamentally rejecting the standard shonen trope of taking turns fighting the big bad and using the ultimate power up: teamwork

Gazaar posted:

You know I didn't really realize this before, but yeah. Everyone is pretty much always desperately trying to just win, it's great.

I remember this happening a lot in Fullmetal Alchemist. People fighting two or even four on one. We should look into these shounen anime adapted off of manga made by women. Maybe there's a pattern here

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just now noticing he's got that purple skin coloration that Kagaya Ubuyashiki does.

https://twitter.com/asakurakii/status/1652688339106148353

I'm sure it's just because I'm excited to see more of it but I feel like this could've easily just been 20 episodes and they're stretching things out. But as I say that, I don't know what I'd cut out that'd make it a shorter season anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a 12 episode season.

Oh that feels a lot better to hear

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone give me a Hashira refresher, I don't think anyone has joined up and trained to that level just because it seems like a fun time? Closest we get is Rengoku because his dad was the last Flame Hashira.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UnderFreddy posted:

can't believe that the hashira, the people noted as being the strongest of all the demon slayers, also happen to be people who were genetically gifted

Also Genya eats demons, like some kind of mirrored meme putting us on blast for having our monitors on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Really is a shame that Gotouge decided to do away with the comic's early narrative that hard work trumps talent like this

Tanjiro: Exceptionally strong sense of smell, can recognize emotions from it too
Zenitsu: Extremely strong sense of hearing, can tell humans and demons apart with just that alone
Inosuke: Near impossibly flexible, can sense bloodlust on his skin, shift his organs around at will, can dislocate all of his joints and fit into anything he can get his head into like a rat

Everyone's weird and notably, nobody else seems to have had as hard a time learning how to slay demons as Tanjiro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish they'd added filler of Tanjirou, Zenitsu and Inosuke comparing notes on their breathing styles earlier so this would've felt like it was foreshadowed.