Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Since ancient times, rumors have abounded of man-eating demons lurking in the woods. Because of this, the local townsfolk never venture outside at night. Legend has it that a demon slayer also roams the night, hunting down these bloodthirsty demons. For young Tanjirou, these rumors will soon to become his harsh reality...

Ever since the death of his father, Tanjirou has taken it upon himself to support his family. Although their lives may be hardened by tragedy, they've found happiness. But that ephemeral warmth is shattered one day when Tanjirou finds his family slaughtered and the lone survivor, his sister Nezuko, turned into a demon. To his surprise, however, Nezuko still shows signs of human emotion and thought...

Thus begins Tanjirou's quest to fight demons and turn his sister human again.

(Source: VIZ Media)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl2k7bfBeCw

Alder fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Eej posted:

The real powerful moment isn't the Muzan intro but when Tanjirou tells the guy that the only thing to deal with things is to keep moving. When he lashes out at Tanjirou, despite all the horror he went through losing his family, he doesn't miss a beat and forgives him instantly because he understands he's hurting and wishes him well. Because Tanjirou is a good boy.

:same:

It's a common theme of how Tanjirou encourages people to continue living and fighting day by day. He's the bestest boy.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/hobby_magazine/status/1131134375725273088

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

His manga arc is pretty good :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

somehow they made the cat cuter :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ukitakeponz/status/1150461912125075456

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

New merch of the best boy and girl.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

drat the Spiderboy VA is super familiar but MAL doesn't list villian VA. It's killing me :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Most of the VA's in this series even for minor characters are fairly big names.

Nezuko had a pretty notable actress and she only got like one line that was not grunts and growls.

Anyway Rui's voice actor is Kouki Uchiyama who is indeed Meruem and Tomura Shigaraki.

thanks, I realized I'm playing another game where he's the MC and that's why it's super familiar. Both characters are very different though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

There's lore reasons for Nezuko to be inside the box but I still wish she would show up more in the series. I feel like the manga is ending soon so yeah.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Anything else by Ufotable I should check out? Preferably something on one of the major streaming platforms. I have Crunchyroll, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.

Tales of Zesteria X based off ToZ game had nice animation even if the story went nowhere.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/onegingek/status/1162254861536116741

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

i love shinobu and kinda sad the entire series will be ending soon.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

i love the love pillar

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yawgmoft posted:

The only problem I have with the younger butterfly girl is that they are telegraphing "future Tanjiro love interest" slightly too hard.

Don't worry there's no time for love when there's demons to hunt. Also, this the rare shonen where is no contrived LI.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm so excited for the movie and this was a great adaptation. I half expected a S2 announcement at the ever end since it's so popular v:v:v

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Verus posted:

why doesn't butterfly lady give the magic demon-slaying poison to the entire demon slayer corps

IIRC it's because it's experimental and you needed years of taking it over time to be effective for demons. Also, you needed the demon to eat the person for max effectiveness.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

It really cannot be overstated how much Jump completely hosed up if it was their decision to give the 'wrap it up' signal.

Now it's years later idm the ending and I'm just glad it had one in time. Just the epilogue was and continues to be super awk.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Julias posted:

It's only been 9 months!

Oof that's my mistake :thunk:

The pandemic is getting to me nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I just watched the movie and I forgot how much I miss Tanjiro from the anime.

Yeah, that ending was pretty true to the manga I feel like the main theme was that Rengoku probably knew on some level this would be his last fight and still did his best knowing he'd die. The final speech made me cry (again) since the VA did a great job with the trio and Rengoku himself in the movie.

Yes I totally watched the entire ending sequence to hear Giyu's one-line voiced.