Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Is it worth seeing in theaters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
While I think it’s pretty cool they basically gave away their movie for free, it’s still pretty disappointing it basically took the place of 1/3rd of the second season assuming it’s 2 cours, which I don’t know is the case.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ibblebibble posted:

I thought season 2 will be a full two cours on top of the movie chop-up?

oh really? that would be rad. so I guess uhh, 31 episodesish? maybe?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Also sets up why he’s there in the first place… kinda

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I haven't seen the new stuff in Season 2 yet, but I don't think I've ever hated a group of characters that I think I'm "supposed" to like more than the Hashira. To me, they were introduced in the worst way possible... a buncha one-dimensional characters who treated Tanjiro and Nezuko like garbage, and are extremely two-faced about the Master they supposedly love and adore. And to be honest, all it would take for me to open up the door to liking them, is for them to just apologize. But I feel like I'm already supposed to just like them, so I don't think I'll ever get the satisfaction of seeing them own up to their mistakes. Even Rengoku only said he was sorry seconds before he died.

i mean it's kind of a big ask to trust a demon when they're basically in a thousand year old demon hunter cult raised by demon hunters or whatever

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just decided to check. The fight with Daki and the final battle are the same length both 20 chapters. Which in the manga means it's the equivalent of the start to Zenitsu's introduction.

Gdamn are we going to namek

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
The audio was TVified as well, the movie version had a much better mix.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Good episode though nezuko transforming into a hot demon babe or w/e is pretty loving funny and unnecessary

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Was it just me or was that ending sequence a total homage to re:zero ep 15s ending?

Crazy animation in typhus episode, pretty much movie quality in spots. The amount of “not actually dead lol” stuff was wild but uhh I guess not unexpected

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Ya I said it up above but I feel like there’s no way the ending of this episode wasn’t homage to that

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
You maybe surprised how much of this show is cg

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

I Am Fowl posted:

The neck-snapping force of the tonal shift in the Taisho Secret segment made me laugh. It was great.

they've been pretty hilarious for that reason for the last 3 or 4 episodes

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Highest grossing movie in Japan period, not even just anime movie lol

And it’s not even close!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Kingtheninja posted:

Anyone else super confused about tanjiro's dream at the beginning? I can't even begin to guess at it.

Yeah no idea

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i was pretty meh on the emotion demon in general (other than staff and spear guy) until now, but hatred's design is loving cool as poo poo

vase guy continues to be dumb and bad though

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Bloody Pom posted:

I keep thinking Sorrow is wearing a tracksuit. It's not just me, right?

I never couldn’t not see it lol. It was very funny.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

GateOfD posted:

Hopefully Kanroji's fight is more interesting. Noted that its emotion demons, and Kanroji is using a 'emotion' named style

well love is the only emotion hes missing, so it's his only weakness

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

muscles like this! posted:

Taisho era secret they write letters to each other all the time.

Also even though next week is the season finale it is a double length episode at 70 minutes.

Isn’t that triple length? Most anime is 18-20 minutes of runtime minus breaks and op/ed

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Yawgmoft posted:

When they say 70 minutes they mean as will air on TV, so you need to subtract time as usual. It will probably end up being 55 minites or so.

Ah alright

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I don’t understand what genya is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Shouldn't they be relocating the swordsmith village instead of rebuilding it since the demons know where it is now and can just attack it again or am I missing something

Had that thought too. Also that blindfolding tanjiro and poo poo was also goofy af considering lol