Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i was glad early on in the episode when tanjiro smelled an actual scent for once and not a metaphorical concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm inordinately upset that they never mentioned the fate of the human woman and her demonized husband

did they get killed on the attack on the house? are they going to continue to restrain the husband and attempt to treat him? who knows

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
mad respect for my boy zenitsu using small children as human shields. that's how you can tell the professionals from the amateurs

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
gently caress yeah, glad this mini-arc was given a full movie to breath in instead of being crammed into three or four disjointed episodes. also it was comforting in these trying times we live in to be reminded that tanjiro is a good boy

when i found out the rengoku fight was getting the movie treatment i got super pumped, and i thought they stuck the landing. one of my favorite fights in the series

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i know this isn't how it works at all, but it would be nice if they just said gently caress it, took some of the ridiculous movie earnings and made the rest of the series a gold plated extravaganza

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
rengoku is a good boy, please don't be mean to him

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
goku is almost always having fun

tanjiro is almost never having fun

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

OnimaruXLR posted:

After that I kind of have to wonder, and maybe this is touched on later in the manga, how all this oni business stays quiet. Yoshiwara just exploded. That seems hard to keep secret, even in the Taisho period.

I know it's not treated like some MIB-level "NO ONE CAN KNOW" deal, and Muzan goes out of his way to avoid (direct) attention, but... Yoshiwara just loving exploded

wikipedia posted:

In 1913, the area was damaged by an extensive fire...

looks like they didn't keep it a secret

i guess it's easier for the authorities living in a city with very densely packed wood structures and early 20th century gas and electric infrastructure to blame out of control fires on non-demon sources, despite some incoherent stories from a handful of survivors

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
tiny nezuko taxiing wounded tanjiro across the entire battlefield was an amazing way to end the season

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Ibblebibble posted:

Wonder how the crew are going to make it out of this pickle.

Also drat the guy getting crushed up in the vase sounded gross as hell.

yeah, i really didn't like the way he still seemed to be alive after being spit out

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I was just glad that he didn't die and is gonna be okay :unsmith:

oh yeah, he's going to a farm upstate where he'll have all the room to run and play that he doesn't have in the hidden village

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

MonsterEnvy posted:

It covered three chapters. I guess because there was a lot of shifting.

that would explain the strange way tanjiro kept reminding the audience where nezuko and genya were like four times in ten minutes. it stuck out as a weird bit of narration, but makes more sense if they were just copying from across 3 chapters

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm very pleased with myself because genya is one of the few times i've actually been able to place a japanese va

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also it we've seen that the type of person who becomes a hashira will stay in a losing fight because if they run a bunch of people will be slaughtered, and the moons can basically pick and choose fights because they don't care about anything other than themselves and muzan

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
everyone's tragic backstory involves helplessly watching their loved ones being devoured in front of them, and then kanroji's is being born in an era that doesn't appreciate big titty anime waifus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
muzan being the root cause of every single one of his problems is rad. if he had even just a modicum less narcissistic sociopathy he'd probably have everything he wanted