Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

There's a movie out in Japan right now that is basically a recap of the end of the last season with episode 1 of season 3 thrown in.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/demon_slayer_kimetsu_no_yaiba_to_the_swordsmith_village

Looks like it's coming March 3rd for the west but I have no clue if that's streaming or just in theatres.

e: Going by the trailers it looks like it is just in theatres, bummer.

drat, thought it was an actual whole movie like mugen train :(

when is the actual season 3 suppose to air?

I feel like ufotable is doubledipping too much with having the mugen train movie, then just using it for the first half of season 2.

then now using the end of second half into a movie with one episode tacked on.

But I guess they really need to make up for the extra budget.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

So I watched it.

The advance screening DLC of the first episode is meh. Just a bunch of setup. Nothing worth having a big screen viewing for. Would fit perfect in like a showing across anime cons the next few months though.

And man, Demon Slayer is hype when its hype, but wow, is the humor the worst. The action and music is 9/10, and the human is the total opposite rank of like 2/10. Not gonna say much about the episode itself.

But man, rewatching the last two episodes of the Red Light District Arc on a huge screen with amazing speakers is a whole another experience. Not sure if they buffed the sound mixing, but man hearing it in the theatre was something else. I noticed so many beats I didn't before, and man the sounds of the sword strikes and bones crunching was so pronounced.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Went yesterday and yeah, the end of the Entertainment District arc is very impressive to see on a big screen. You can really tell that they're throwing a ton of money at this. One thing that was a little goofy about the viewing experience was how there were three sets of credits. They probably could have edited those out.

yea I agree about the credits thing. and it even included the eye catches sequence when the anime would go on a commercial break. like really?

I kind of wish ufotable would go the Fate/Stay Night route and just put out long theatrical movies for the rest of the series.
Like imagine seeing for the first time with a bunch of other people Zenitsu's god-like speed in the theatres. It was still really crazy to see on there, and I replayed it many times on my own.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 5, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

jpn audio breathing forever

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

How long is the first episode

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ufotable just showing off against the regular budget shows

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Looking forward to Love Hashira epic whipping

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

if it was suppose to be his dad, he just looks wayyy too much like Tanjiro.

And its a bit hard to believe, that Tanjiro as a baby was able to fragment and remember that scene if that was what he was doing.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wonder how much of demon slayer's success is due to ufotable.

like I did look at the manga chapters a bit, and the art is kind of rough around the edges. And at times, dare say, looks really bad.

throw some ufo magic at it, and boom, its the best looking thing out there.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Swordsmith Village ep2

drat, that cliffhanger from ep1, turns out its a mechanical doll, and not a real person.

no one notices the similar earrings on Tanjiro and the doll.
love that the swordsmith kid quickly unlocks the obsessed swordsmith demanor after demanding Tanjiro starts training.

The training session reminds me of Tanjiro training against the boulder at the beginning of the series.
Tanjiro finally learning how to read attacks and avoid them. Seems like its something that Inosuke just does instinctively without thinking. Just shows how much of an outlier genius he actually is.

surprise sword appears after he breaks the doll

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

genetics

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the first half was almost unbearable.
demon slayer's silly faces and humor is terrible, in particular when Tanjiro is the center of it. The worst manzai act ever.

But holy poo poo, the ramp up in the 2nd half. Hopefully it stays this crazy the rest of the arc.
Nezuko is just like "yea, i'm not even gonna wait this time"

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 24, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Gun Breathing.

First Form.

Shoot in the head.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

We will actually never see the vase demon again this arc.

After this is all over, it will cut back to him turning to dust and the swordsmith is just standing rolling his arms with no injuries going “that was the strangest vase I ever seen.”

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I guess its the aspect where there's just too few hashiras and they need to keep sending them across japan to deal with demons.

but looking at the upper moon demons.
its just yea maybe the hashiras should team up more often. Its all been fights so far where a hashira would 100% lose if they were by themselves.
all of them so far weres ones where they split up other than the martial arts one. and the jar one just seems to overwealm the fighter with a jar army

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

he definitely also seems to really hates the colored eyes demons, and seemed overly specifically pissed during the jar convo about the women's head in the jar.

love the fire effect in the anime whenever Nezuko uses her demon art.
She should just keep spamming it 24/7 and when she isn't.
someone should go "where's nezuko's demon art"

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Demons also have to eat humans to accumulate exp. points too to level up. So there’s that grind.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I know hitogami is the power up, but I do miss the water breathing even if tanjiro kind of admits he sucks at it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

only complaint is how many freaking moves does hinogami have? it seems like Tanjiro just makes it up as he goes.
i know its based off a long rear end ceremonial dance...but he just uses like a bunch of new attack names one time and never again.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo, that end of episode cut off got me so bad

crazy rear end episode. So many crazy moments.

jeez, Mist Hashira looks like he's gonna die in this one, he just been taking hits every little exchange.
Looking forward to seeing more of Love Style techiques and their names. The song played felt very Clamp

Exploding sword combo so sick.

also the returns of some useless nameless demon slayer mobs. rip whoever they were lol

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 8, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ufotable with the Budget Breathing

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Genya's yelling remind me too much of Bakugo from MHA, know its the same voice actor, but man, adjust the tone a bit more.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

drat @ Genya's backstory.

did not expect a 5th demon hiding around, geez. The most annoying cliffhanger yet. its obviously not gonna work yet.

Think Love Hashira will run into Mist and they're gonna duo against the Jar demon

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Since Tanjiro pretty much abandoned water breathing, guess we have to wait till Giyu’s penultimate fight to see how a real water breathing master is suppose to fight

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ed:wrong thread

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 20, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mist breathing so far looks like a lovely style

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i like that the jar demon just wanted the swordsmith to stop working on the sword lol.

also, i guess just about everybody wearing a mask or boarhead is actually pretty and hot under it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Yea, fish guy went out like a bitch. Not a fan of Tokito at all, or his fight. Good fights in this series is a good back and forth with both sides edging on the other. But here, just about the entire time Tokito was ahead and the only thing that stopped him a bit was the bubble. Every other attack he countered easily, even before the markings powerup. Compared to the gauntlet of Daki & Gyutaro and the display in Mugen Train, its just boring.

The other kind of fight is like in bleach where the captain just so happens to be the special niche perfect counter to the enemy for it to be a showoff. But Tokito doesn't do that either, he's just fighting like he usually does.

The head of the demon slayer corps was all happy that an uppermoon finally got beaten, poo poo, he should have just sent Tokito. He would have just beheaded both Daki and Gyutaro right after Gyutaro popped out.

Doesn't help that I don't even know what the hell Tokito is actually doing with his mist breathing. Like he's fast? We already have Zenitsu who's fun to look at when he's going pikachu.

Hopefully Kanroji's fight is more interesting. Noted that its emotion demons, and Kanroji is using a 'emotion' named style

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

True, look at the other side fighting with the emotion demons. It’s actually fun and hype. Not as much as Daki & Bro. but it hits the same notes

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol @ Kanroji's backstory.

would marry

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the part they decide cut to ending credits just keeps getting more and more ridiculous each week

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

as usual, turns out hard work doesn't matter, its depends on your genetics and bloodline on if your gonna succeed.

also, lol @ her hair changing color because she ate too much of those sakura riceballs

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

also that Love Hashira x Snake Hashira shipping scene...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Hope they show Water Hashiras final fight and it turns out Tanjiro been doing it all wrong

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

drat, Tanjiro just pulling out Thunder Breathing just like that?
come on..

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Kind of a mid-finale.
I was like no way, are they gonna kill Nezuko this early, cause if they did, for such a lame fight, I would have been pissed.
I think I prefer gagged Nezuko after hearing her talk though.

The emotion demon's backstory was such a non-backstory, I don't know why they even bothered. Turns out he was exactly how he presented himself? okay...

Muzan is such a whiny bitch. Does he just kill someone and take over their role with his body shifting skills or hypnosis. He sure seems to go thru identities fast.
wtf @ the random rear end doctor that just happened to make an elixir to make demons/eternal life.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

He was definitely the worst, given that Muzan was trying to make his own music band. He already had the emotion demon in the end, and the lady with the strings. I think he just gave up on it. Kyogai should have went for a wind instrument

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

you saw the cat grab a vial Tanjiro remembered to extract in the Entertainment arc off the demon brother before he fully vanished

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

unknown herbal medicine doctor was so close to curing cancer, but muzan was too much of a baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I be fine if they went Heavens Feel and just made high budget movies for the rest of the arcs, with maybe some episodes ovas in between for the intermission cooldown arcs