Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Okay, I have warmed up to whiny thunder boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Spiderboy VA reminds me of Toshio Furukawa although I looked at DBS Super Piccolo and an Ace flashback from a recent One Piece and it's... not quite. So I'm not sure.

But it was definitely the highest level voice acting I heard so far in the series. Almost felt wasted on such a minor villain.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Earlier, I was actually talking about the Elder Brother Spider VA, who now has casting and it's Morikubo, Shoutarou - aka Shikamaru from Naruto, Zangetsu from Bleach, Bartolomeo from One Piece, etc.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I like the constant escalation in this series, without any build-up. It reminds of me Gurren Lagann. It's almost like an abridged version of other shounen shows. We get to see these amazing moments far more frequently (cough ONE PIECE cough).

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I think making sure Nezuko doesn't attack humans even at the cost of her life is a pretty valid test. Also giving her free food and watching her refuse/ignore it. They clearly don't care about all these people who offered to kill themselves.

The only reason it looks antagonistic is because everyone is a psychopath with scary faces.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Zenitsu is fine, it's just his rants sometimes overstay their already lukewarm welcome.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

As someone who saw the movie and hasn't picked up the latest season yet, would I be missing anything by skipping to, what seems to be episode 8 for new content? Or is there new stuff in the old stuff?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I'm going to be unable to watch any action anime again after this.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I like Tanjirou's inner monologues. He's got the cadence of a swolebro trying to grind out that last rep.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

While Zenitsu is insufferable most of the time, his reactions to the things Tengen says have been on point, especially right after the 3 wives announcement.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I know that the animation is top notch and everything but that last fight sequence was incomprehensible.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I really hope Zenitsu learns how to do all this awake. I mean the sleepwalking thing is completely pointless now that he appears to be having entire normal conversations during it.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Maybe I missed a lore dump somewhere but I thought the Upper Moons had never been beaten before? How was there another Upper Moon 6 in the flashback?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Considering Genya can't use breathing techniques, and didn't seem to have GUN during the Final Selection, I think he may have already had demon powers by then.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I think it's more indicative of Tanjiro's growth that he's running laps around Hantengu. He's gotten much better at Sun Breathing, and is currently benefitting from Nezuko's rear end-pull sword power-up. The experience of fighting two Upper Moons already is clearly paying off. Nezuko herself seems to be at least Daki-level by now. Also, nobody can defend themselves against Genya's GUN.

While Hantengu might be carried a bit by his sheer resilience and only engaging targets with his emotion demons, a 1v4(5?) fight against him would probably topple any Hashira. Genya seems to be implying that Tanjiro might be Hashira level, but wasn't promoted since the last fight was a team effort. His sense of smell which allowed him to be the first person to out Muzan in centuries(?) is also what's allowing him to engage Hantengu. It's possible none of the other Hashira would have been able to find him, but I'm not 100% on their abilities.

Gyokko's fight so far is going more predictably, showing the usual dominance that an Upper Moon has over a solo Hashira.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Tanjiro has nearly died several times during the fight, only being saved cause Genya and Nezuko are borderline immortal and have stopped him from taking fatal blows. Fighting Hantengu is nearly impossible if you don't have some way of locating his real body, the Emotion Demons near instantly recover, so fighting four strong Demons at the same time when you can't do anything to kill them makes victory near impossible. Even if you do figure out the Mouse Size Hantengu trick somehow, actually finding him should be super hard cause the Emotions will work even harder to defend him.

I'm so used to Tanjiro nearly dying several times during a fight that I don't even factor that in anymore.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Shyrka posted:

Oh no he's hot

I watched the One Piece episode before this and wasn't expecting to have the same sentiment across two different anime in one day.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I was expecting a cool team battle again as well, with double the Hashira. The Upper Moons would have been terrible at teamwork and that would have been their downfall. I think we would have been better off if Misty and Vase Guy were just not involved the entire time.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 13, 2023

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

How they gonna make fun of Kyogai's drums when Zohakuten's over here doing the same thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Muzan is a bona fide dumbass and I am all for it. He spawned an entire demon slaying organization because he just couldn't stop showing off. He has zero eye for talent and all the stronger demons have just coasted on getting more of his blood than the others. There are a lot of parallels to Dio from JoJo here. The final Upper Rank demons seem like they might actually work on their martial skills and stand out, but maybe it's yet to be revealed what their glaring personality flaws are.

While originally I thought Tokito's fight was a waste, in retrospect once you're able to actually look at the demons without having to worry about your life all the time, you realize how incredibly stupid they are. He's the first one to do it. (Maybe not the first in general but the fight when encountering a strong demon, maybe)