Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Genya busting out the Abe special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

I gotta add, I'm into number 4's gimmick.

From how he looked in the op and his general attitude I was expecting a whole bunch of lame cringing and hiding and sending rock monsters out, him splitting into ever increasing numbers of actually badass demons is way more compelling.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Nezuko kicking a demon's head off is a vital part of any Demon Slayer arc.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Kanroji only needs the water fowl dance.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

They're sucky in that they're boring and have about as much development/character as a monster of the week demon from the first season, I'm sure they're very strong.

Akaza's punchman psychosis and the personal relationship he developed with Rengoku through fighting him, and Daki getting several episodes showing her as a (terrible) person and hyping her up made the two of them way more cool than these two have been.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Oh no he's hot

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

I really hope one of those upper moons that are immune to swords gets dealt with the same way Muichiro dealt with his first demon.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Natural 20 posted:

Eh this didn't really land.

There's a time for "Person realises something about themself and gets a huge powerup" but it's usually with a character we're invested in.

Mist boy here has shown up for all of like three seconds and the fight, such as it is, is him being stuck in a bubble for about three episodes and then just bodying the upper rank with little to no flare or back and forth.

If this was Inosuke I'd be going loving wild but honestly it just makes Tengen look like a loser in retrospect for having that much trouble with the sixth rank.

I actually liked the episode and Muichirou, but the bolded part is so loving true.

Seeing our boys in the after-credits scene looking sad and wondering when their turn would be really hit hard.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's fine for a baddie to get mega-owned because they fought someone at the worst possible time they could have. It's fine to have occasional differentiation in fight flow.

I kind of agree with this. We've seen Tanjiro get that mega powerup and nearly pull out wins before, so seeing someone more skilled than Tanjiro get the same powerup and go ham on a big bad kind of works for showing what Tanjiro's building towards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

I wanna see the water hashira come back, he's like the most basic bitch regular guy hashira.