Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'd completely forgotten about the gag with Zenitsu's bird lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

My only gripe is that I'm let down that the demon that killed Tanjiro's family is The Big Bad Demon Guy From Centuries Past. it has the opposite effect and just makes that plot thread way less cool. Also that Nezuko had to be hypnotized into being good instead of wanting to do it herself is lame

It's a safeguard. That's it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol I'd forgotten about the gag with the bird barfing up the ward

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

sigh... of course Rui gets half of an episode for his tragic backstory, a moment of pity from good-boy Tanshiro and implied forgiveness in afterlife, because I guess he shown a regret in literally last second he spent living on this earth?

he is literally going to hell

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

I have absolutely no problem with Tanjiro pitying demons and offering them sympathy in their dying moments in general. It's cool and great and one of the big themes of the show.

But I have problem with the with portrayal of Rui and his Spider family. All of the members of Spider family, despite being mass-murdering monsters are also shown to be victims by Rui, who warped them, abused them and controlled them, making him pretty much directly responsible for their behavior and atrocities. Yet their deaths get barely a shrug (with exception of the mother who got shrug and sigh, which I agree is something, I guess?) . Rui, who is objectively thousand times worse than any member of his "family", being a hosed-up abuser and basically lesser version of Muzan, in addition to being a mass-murdering monster, gets all the song and dance of flashback with tragic backstory, realization that what he did was wrong in his last moments and vision of his parents forgiving him as he is engulfed in white light. While they all definitely deserved to die, Rui, gets lions share of humanizing, sympathy and pathos while the rest of the Spider family, outside of Spider mom, get none, which leaves me disliking the whole thing. Rui not getting any flashback this episode, leaving Spider mom the most sympathetic of the "family" would be ok, nut this way, its a mess. At least for me. :shrug:

Boy I wonder if there were any parallels being drawn with the guy who preyed on a deathly sick child's feelings of weakness and helplessness and other trauma to create a monster.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Already remarked on but god I hope the movie is easily accessible. I love the train arc a lot and Rengoku is wonderful.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Now that the show is over I want to mention that I will never forgive crunchy for not using PIG ASSAULT

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

That Escher-space was sublime.

That entire scene was horrifying and I loved it. Muzan is such a fantastic villain.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just learned this series sold 82 million copies last year to One Piece 7.7 that is crazy.

Particularly knowing that Mugen Train is the best selling movie of all time in Japan now.

It really cannot be overstated how much Jump completely hosed up if it was their decision to give the 'wrap it up' signal.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol we've reached "y'all loving wild" territory if mugen train is being likened to filler

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Knowing when and how to use CG to enhance a scene seems like a good loving skill to have for animation but what do I know I just watch things

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i felt like s1 toned down the weird potato faces from the manga so i was glad to see them be pretty prominent this season

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's fine for a baddie to get mega-owned because they fought someone at the worst possible time they could have. It's fine to have occasional differentiation in fight flow.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Really is a shame that Gotouge decided to do away with the comic's early narrative that hard work trumps talent like this

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'll always love the inherent pettiness of Muzan's backstory.. He gets granted a miracle with two specific catches, and it's the profoundly lesser of those two that he obsesses over curing.. Because he finds not being able to do whatever he wants to be humiliating. Just the biggest piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Eighties ZomCom posted:

So did Muzan become a demon because he looked at the blood soaked medicine and was like, "well, I can't let it go to waste, bottoms up!"?

No. The medicine just kicked in a short while later.