Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Barco Fiesta posted:

Yo, lemme get your opinion on something: I think Radiohead changed direction musically and philosophically with the release of In Rainbows because it was their first album not released under EMI. There's sort of a darkness and a despair in the first six albums, even all the way back to Pablo Honey, that isn't present in anything after In Rainbows, and I think this darkness reflects Thom and the rest of the band's dissatisfaction and disillusionment with the record industry. Once they got out from under that contractual obligation, the music suddenly felt a lot more relaxed. It's no less great music for it, but there was definitely a big shift in tone between Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows. Would you agree?

There was definitely a shift, but I don't know if it was any less dark. Some songs are more optimistic, but some are heartbreaking. My problem is there were fewer songs with tempo and energy any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU