Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
gently caress, this feels so good. I can't even explain how much this means to me.

ITT we talk about how great this feels!!!

(I'm Xavier in this pic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Big E and Xavier's faces here are pretty much how I feel 100%

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XLlLu0psYE

jamcadbury
Nov 12, 2004
South Side Mexican
Good poo poo, Kofi is a real one and this makes me happy

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1115103017915899905

:unsmith:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWHfE68-GF0

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Kofi vs. Bryan lived up to the hype and was the loving poo poo and I love it and hell yeah Kofi hell yeah Bryan

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Feels good, man.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Man I just thought about that match and got happy as hell all over again.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Those are some good guys right there.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Those guys are like brothers and you can truly tell that their friendship is genuine and not just some carny wrestling nonsense.

I'm so happy for Kofi and I can't wait for the party New Day is going to thrown on Tuesday night.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Get you a girl (or guy!) who looks at you the way BIG E looks at Kofi :swoon:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

quote:

Look at these grand men. Which of you wouldn’t consider it the highlight of his career just to associate with them for even one day?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

K O F I T R A I N

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Good stuff! Feel good moment, it was vintage Wrestlemania.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

congrats
to the
jumpy man

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO US

Shad and MVP filmed their reaction to Kofi winning:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv-pwxIg7RH/

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
:)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'll repost this, corrected and modified, for this particular thread:

In the year 2010, one random Monday Night, I clicked around my TV and discovered Monday Night Raw. I hadn't watched WWE since 2004, right around Mania 20, but that night I was intrigued by the presence of Mike Tyson, who was special guest GM. I had no idea who Shemus, the current WWE Champion, was, but I did instantly recognize Randy Orton and a few moments later John Cena, who cut a promo about beating Mike Tyson in Punch-Out that had be chuckling.

Then out came another guy: Kofi Kingston. From the second his music hit I was hooked, and then he told off Cena and Randy for having a million title defenses and how he's never even had one, and said HE wanted a shot. He got a little flustered by the crowd interrupting his promo with Cena Sucks chants and the segment almost fell apart, but Cena did this adorable little thing where he took him to the side, wrapped his arm around the younger wrestler and said loudly into the mic to not pay any attention to those guys, since he never does. Kofi kind of nods, and finishes his bit, and they're in a Triple Threat for the #1 Contendership.

I wanted to know who this dude was, so I youtube his name, and the next thing that comes up is him destroying Randy Orton's NASCAR with his face on it with a crowbar and orange paint. From that moment forward Kofi was MY GUY. He was the first spark on the road to restarting my wrestling fandom.

It took him nine years, but he finally got that title match he wanted from Mike Tyson, and I couldn't be happier.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 8, 2019

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

No Irish Need Imply posted:

(I'm Xavier in this pic)

same same same

been a kofi fan for so long, its so great to see him finally get his time to shine

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Every New Day promo from here on out will be extremely tense as I wait for a Big E clothesline or electric chair drop

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Kofi vs. Bryan lived up to the hype and was the loving poo poo and I love it and hell yeah Kofi hell yeah Bryan

:hfive:

Been waiting for Kofi's reign since his Orton feud oh so many years ago. We finally got there :unsmith:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

One of the best things that's happened in the WWE in a long-rear end time. Kofimania, goddammit.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ragnarok the Red posted:

:hfive:

Been waiting for Kofi's reign since his Orton feud oh so many years ago. We finally got there :unsmith:
An Orton championship feud now would be beautiful and full circle.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kofi’s kids have more charisma than Baron Corbin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sanguinia posted:

It took him nine years, but he finally got that title match he wanted from Mike Tyson, and I couldn't be happier.

Hell yeah, brother

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wait, they didn't let Kofi hold the hemp belt? :ohdear:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Wait, they didn't let Kofi hold the hemp belt? :ohdear:

They could have, but I’m guessing they didn’t want a constant reminder of Bryan’s reign hanging over them, which is fair enough imo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Now all Kofi needs to do is punch Hogan square in the jaw and get away with it for this to be the perfect 24 hours.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If they break up new day so kofi can hold the belt for 20 years, I'm okay with that. Just, goddamn. I was so nervous they'd gently caress him until he came out and you could just see that he knew he was going over. If happiness that pure doesn't bring a tear to your eye, I don't know what does.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

SMDH can't believe they didnt let Kofi blaze up the 420Weed Belt for his celebration in the ring.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I loved the hell out of that Kofi/Orton feud and man it was awesome to wake up and hear he won it. Good on ya, Kofi :unsmith:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Btw this thread is one of many reasons why Kofi is already April’s champion of the month

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/GoGoACH/status/1115147619184070656

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I don't really watch wrestling but I follow the New Day members on twitter and love the fact that in interviews and Xavier's YouTube channel they all seem like genuinely great guys, I'm glad to see Kofi finally getting it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
:3:

https://twitter.com/PunchlineMav/status/1115128019348271105

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
I started watching wrestling in January '08, weeks before WWE went HD. The first ECW episode I watched had Kofi's debut. I didn't think too much of him, but I was happy when he beat Jericho for the IC title months later.

I'm just really happy to see one of the first wrestlers I ever watched, especially on the only show I had on TV in my country for years, finally win the big one.

Congrats Kofi!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aaa that's adorable :buddy:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I have always liked Kofi since he debuted on ECW. I remember when he was getting his push against Orton and was so excited because I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. Then the "STUPID" thing happened and he then pretty much all but vanished for years only to be trotted out during the Rumble to do some insane parkour-esque spot. Then the New Day formed and i thought they loving sucked. I held that attitude for awhile, but then they grew on me and I was happy that at least Kofi (despite not being the "main" focus) was having some success. The last few months have been amazing for me and I'm so loving happy for Kofi.

Off topic: Is Kofi the person who has taken longest to reach grandslam after winning his first title? It took him 10 years 9 months and 9 days to get that honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

SalTheBard posted:

Off topic: Is Kofi the person who has taken longest to reach grandslam after winning his first title? It took him 10 years 9 months and 9 days to get that honor.

Big show at 12ish years, since he didn't hold the IC until 2012.