Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'll repost this, corrected and modified, for this particular thread:

In the year 2010, one random Monday Night, I clicked around my TV and discovered Monday Night Raw. I hadn't watched WWE since 2004, right around Mania 20, but that night I was intrigued by the presence of Mike Tyson, who was special guest GM. I had no idea who Shemus, the current WWE Champion, was, but I did instantly recognize Randy Orton and a few moments later John Cena, who cut a promo about beating Mike Tyson in Punch-Out that had be chuckling.

Then out came another guy: Kofi Kingston. From the second his music hit I was hooked, and then he told off Cena and Randy for having a million title defenses and how he's never even had one, and said HE wanted a shot. He got a little flustered by the crowd interrupting his promo with Cena Sucks chants and the segment almost fell apart, but Cena did this adorable little thing where he took him to the side, wrapped his arm around the younger wrestler and said loudly into the mic to not pay any attention to those guys, since he never does. Kofi kind of nods, and finishes his bit, and they're in a Triple Threat for the #1 Contendership.

I wanted to know who this dude was, so I youtube his name, and the next thing that comes up is him destroying Randy Orton's NASCAR with his face on it with a crowbar and orange paint. From that moment forward Kofi was MY GUY. He was the first spark on the road to restarting my wrestling fandom.

It took him nine years, but he finally got that title match he wanted from Mike Tyson, and I couldn't be happier.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU