Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I don't get why Nellie and Ah Toy let the rear end in a top hat walk away after that, that felt in character for Nellie, but Ah Toy not decapitating the fucker without a second thought was disappointing

loving hell I love this show so much

I've always had a soft spot for Hoon Lee and it's been awesome seeing him in a regular role on this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I hope you have also seen Banshee. Same showrunner/creator, Jonathan Tropper, and Hoon Lee is great in it too.

It's been recommended to me more than once in the context of this show since I've been geeking out about it. Polygon did a great feature on Andrew Koji that got me interested in this show in the first place. I'm caught up on this show. Maybe I'll check out Banshee after I watch the new season of The Witcher.

That podcast definitely sounds like it'd be plenty of fun.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Great episode. Father Jun taking center stage like that was awesome and that barside chat with Ah Sahm was about a season overdue.

Agree I was so expecting him to get killed off.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

loving everybody getting dragged kicking and screaming out of their comfort zones and coming to some depressing realizations about how the real world works. This season keeps getting better.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The opening scene was really dark for me as well. Everything else was fine.

Also still thinking about how pissed Mosley must've been at Lee. Probably thinking to himself "You dumb piece of poo poo. I offer you a good deal, almost died because of you and you still think you can turn me down?"

I mean. This is only a slight rewording of what he actually said in that scene. Dude spoke his mind! :dance:

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

That Joe Taslim/Mark Dacascos showdown will go down as one of my all time favorite TV martial arts moments

Boy that was long in coming for Atwood

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 4, 2023

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Ohh, I dunno. This episode did give signs that maybe Li Yong is finally going to get fed up with her poo poo. She did just make him kill his best friend. I'll be disappointed if all that comes of that is him shouting at her really loud. We'll see.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

That felt like it could be setting up for a series ending. Don't do it, Tropper. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Something about Yan Mi and Ah Sahm just didn't click for me and their romance felt way too forced and predictable for me to care much