Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I sorta felt the opposite; a lot of why I loved Banshee was because it was willing to just go full-on ridiculous. It was just spinning so many plates at any given time that it's kind of hard not to marvel at.

The fourth season felt like a downgrade in ridiculousness and that's a lot of why I hated it.

Yeah, just look at the posters the show produced. They're all comic book covers.

Banshee arguably the best adaptation of a comic book that doesn't exist, give or take Utopia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought there'd definitely be more dead characters by the end of this season, but I'm happy to be surprised if the show puts out a finale this good.

I do feel like there hasn't been an awful lot of forward movement generally, but I'm still happy with what I've seen so far. Hopefully next year we'll get some drama.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I wish I cared about any of the white characters into his show, but I just don't.

Actually, the Mayor's wife is pretty good, but any time the plot tries to make me care about the police dribble starts to leak out my mouth.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder if Vega getting her revenge by using people close to her and then dying will be foreshadowing for Ah Sahm :ohdear:

I've been getting death flag vibes for a while now. Vega even had a sister she died for, so it's not super subtle.

But I've also started to suspect we're getting some sort of thwarted sibling incest plot between Mei Ling and Ah Sahm (the bit where Vega mistakes them for a couple, Mei Ling's speech about the horrible, unforgivable things Ah Sahm inflicted on her, Hong's little joke about loving a sibling), so who even knows.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

It's so weird that this show still has shots of Ah Sahm and Young Jun standing shoulder to shoulder like that, when we know that one of them is actively planning on destroying the other one.

Though, yes, still badass.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Quarry's really good.

They also did Gangs Of London. That's an Insanely good streak.

Outcast was a bit crap tho.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is it confirmed to be the last season

No, and tbh I'm under the impression (from some interview from who knows where) that this isn't intended to be the final season.

Edit: Yeah, I did some googling and my understanding is that it ends on a set up for a fourth season.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 3, 2023

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Hoon Lee is in one of Tropper's seasons of See as well. Olivia Cheng's in both.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s too many white people storylines but that was always the case with this show, seems pretty much the same to me

Yeah, it feels like half of them are there so the Irish subplots can inevitably team up with leads in order to defeat Buckley / Mai Ling(?) but there's at least one too many. IMO if that's the show's endgame then the show really only needs to keep one of the cop (/ex-cop) husband and wife pairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

Lee is the story I would cut yeah, but it's fine, I'm not too bothered by it.

Richard, Hoon... or Bruce?

It's Richard hey. Agreed.