Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Imagine having a gently caress load of rabid fans on 18 and you have to have the ceremony in a tiny room because a bunch of old racists can’t stop jacking themselves off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I shoulda put $10 down on Tiger at 14/1 at the beginning of the week. That said, this will be the last time we see odds on him above 5/1 for a long, long time.

Also congrats to Keyser_soze for winning the pool:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Thanks for setting it up Josh! I don't know about Bethpage but I wouldn't be surprised if Tiger is Top 3 at Pebble.

You suckers can paypal/venmo me at jcblum@gmai****

Slackers will be fed to Josh's cats.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 14, 2019

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Keyser_Soze posted:

Thanks for setting it up Josh! I don't know about Bethpage but I wouldn't be surprised if Tiger is Top 3 at Pebble.

You suckers can paypal/venmo me at jcblum@gmai.**

gently caress youuuuuuuu

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This was the best golf sunday ive ever seen. Tiger is back baby

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Josh Lyman posted:

Tiger 2.0 may be slightly less of a dick but he still doesn't engage with the fans. :mediocre:

Did you watch any of this tournament?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Well that was something

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Keyser_Soze posted:

You suckers can paypal/venmo me at jcblum@gmai.**

Sent. Blech

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Tiger winning the Masters in 2019 is loving bonkers. So cool.

Also cool to watch Hovland get low am honors. I followed him a bunch on Wednesday since he was playing with Dustin, Brooks, and Fowler. He looked basically like I would have if I'd been playing at Augusta with those guys - could not stop smiling all day long.

pmac
Jun 12, 2007
Awesome stuff from Tiger. I shed a few tears in an airport bar. No shame for nostalgia.

Venmo sent, congrats on the Xander pick. Finau with another Top 10 in a major...the pressure gets him on Sundays but I think he’ll break through in the next few years.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Payment sent to noted professional golf fixer Keyser.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Keyser_Soze posted:

You suckers can paypal/venmo me at jcblum@gmai****

Done, you bastard.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

How would you guys describe Tiger's final round and whether it points to a formula for him to try to take any future majors?

He doesn't out drive the younger players with length anymore.

There were a number of players who putted better than him, seemed like.

Hitting the fairways the most, and making critical decisions on when to be more conservative when other players' mistakes gave him the chance to take advantage?

Seemed like he got into minor, but not major, trouble spots on a few holes where all the others crowding around the lead seemed to have at least one disastrous hole.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Zwabu posted:

How would you guys describe Tiger's final round and whether it points to a formula for him to try to take any future majors?

He doesn't out drive the younger players with length anymore.

There were a number of players who putted better than him, seemed like.

Hitting the fairways the most, and making critical decisions on when to be more conservative when other players' mistakes gave him the chance to take advantage?

Seemed like he got into minor, but not major, trouble spots on a few holes where all the others crowding around the lead seemed to have at least one disastrous hole.

I think he made the exact right call today on playing more conservative on everything but the Par 5s.

He also seemed to take a little sting out of his driver on the weekend and it made him much better off the tee. Whether that was on purpose or the result of being older and the fatigue of four intense rounds of golf, I don’t know.

But this tiger plays considerably better when he’s self aware off the tee.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think he made the exact right call today on playing more conservative on everything but the Par 5s.

He also seemed to take a little sting out of his driver on the weekend and it made him much better off the tee. Whether that was on purpose or the result of being older and the fatigue of four intense rounds of golf, I don’t know.

But this tiger plays considerably better when he’s self aware off the tee.

Tiger that isn’t broken but is humbly aware off the tee is a scary prospect for everyone else

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I think he’ll win 1-2 more majors when they are on very familiar courses, assuming he doesn’t break again.

One problem now is that he’s fuckable again

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
2 wins away from breaking Sam Snead's PGA Tour victory record - I'd like to think he'll at least beat that before bowing out

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I think he’ll win 1-2 more majors when they are on very familiar courses, assuming he doesn’t break again.

One problem now is that he’s fuckable again

With that hairline :barf:

Come Home buddy.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Tiger needs to visit Lewis Hamilton's hair club for men.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dexo posted:

Come Home buddy.

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
Think the two decades of Augusta experience made the biggest difference. He kept emphasizing that all his misses were in the right spots etc. Also feel like his knowledge of the greens, particularly lag putting came up big. Did he 3 putt this weekend?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I think he just played a nice, solid round of golf. Tiger of old might have tried to do something fancy after Molinari dunked his, but he just played to the middle of the green.

And he wasn't trying to murder the ball. Golf channel played a montage of him hitting shots out of the rough in the past and absolutely trying to kill it, and it made me wince knowing what he was doing to himself with those shots.

Basically I think he played a smart, somewhat conservative round and waited for everyone else to implode.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tiger’s playing well and getting more confident and the next two majors are Bethpage and Pebble. This year is going to rule.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I feel kinda sad that it's over. I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Also watched more than I usually do. Probably 75% of the televised stuff.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sent, ya jerk

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tiger Woods won the Masters wearing a short sleeve mock turtleneck.

AGAIN

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Tiger Woods won the Masters wearing a short sleeve mock turtleneck.

AGAIN

this bothers you more than losing the pool doesn't it :v:

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Dexo posted:

Come Home buddy.

He needs to join the bald brotherhood yesterday

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sportsgenius86 posted:

Imagine having a gently caress load of rabid fans on 18 and you have to have the ceremony in a tiny room because a bunch of old racists can’t stop jacking themselves off

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DJExile posted:

this bothers you more than losing the pool doesn't it :v:

I love Tiger but he’s a sweaty man wearing a turtleneck in 90% humidity and it’s 85 degrees.

As a fellow sweaty man I couldn’t imagine wearing that kind of shirt.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

A tradition unlike any other.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

I love Tiger but he’s a sweaty man wearing a turtleneck in 90% humidity and it’s 85 degrees.

oh totally same

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Imagine if he pulled off the Grand Slam this year.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Shrapnig posted:

Well, not for free :)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dr. Capco posted:

Imagine ifwhen he pulleds off the Grand Slam this year.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dr. Capco posted:

Imagine if he pulled off the Grand Slam this year.

Clearly if he stays healthy he can be in contention for anything when he won 4 in a row in 2000-2001 he was way ahead of the pack. I don't think thats the case now.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also Grand Slams are Denny's not Perkins.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

We should note that the low amateur, Viktor Hovland, has only been alive for four of Tiger’s Masters wins. He was born in September 1997.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
PayPal sent. Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

Bip Roberts posted:

Clearly if he stays healthy he can be in contention for anything when he won 4 in a row in 2000-2001 he was way ahead of the pack. I don't think thats the case now.

Yeah I mean I don't get to bang Eva Green on a giant pile of hundreds but fantasies never hurt ya know?