Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lenisto
Nov 1, 2012

Randomcheese3 posted:

Could you clarify your conditional order for 1st and 2nd Platoons - just make it more clear who's meant to do what when they receive fire.

If either platoon receives fire they should both fire back. Suppressing any Germans west of the river is more important than our own movement - we need to make sure the SMG platoon and the SWAT guys can make it to the ford.

I've edited my original post also match this clarification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Germans are apparently in the woods to the west like cockroaches, so :toxx: fulfilled.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Turn 2

Abongination fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 17, 2019

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
Right then, time to see how much damage I can do with a Nagant revolver. House to House in Combat Mission is all about luck and having an automatic or semi-automatic weapon so I'll be able to help personally in the denouement.

Also I think I've killed more than four Nazis already so my K:D can't go below 1 now.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Regiment orders

1st Squadron: I want you to probe south aggressively. You're far enough when you have a few casualties, ours or theirs. I don't care which. It is very important to get an accurate picture of defenses near Tanya and Natasha. Put pinning fire on the AT contact.

2nd Squadron: Kill every German in the open. Start targeting from north. Pin the AT gun until our tankers can wipe it out.

Have your HQ to target all mortars onto Boris. Area target that covers the entire forest, all 8 tubes, "heavy medium". See picture.

SWAT: Hurry up! You need to clear the obstacles before Germans start shooting on you.

Armor: Take cover from Tiger. Do not attempt to engage. Kill enemy AT gun as priority target. Kill all exposed enemy infantry.

--

We will recon aggressively towards south. Once situation there becomes clear we will decide how to proceed. Until then, keep killing the Germans. We've been handed a gift, let's not waste it.

Hob_Gadling fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 17, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tank 1st Company, 1st Platoon - "The Fighting Butylki"

Each tank targets its respective target: crawling infantry in the gap for one, anti-tank gun for the other. If LOS is gained by either tank on enemy armor, shift to target armor. If the AT gun is killed, shift targets to same infantry as the other tank.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 17, 2019

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Alright ace, I've got two options for breaking contact as I see it, the north one takes longer to get out of sight but keeps the armour facing forward, the second one gets trees between me and the tiger quicker but involves a neutral turn at the start that'll expose side armour (though at an acute angle so decent chance of a ricochet). Any thoughts on which is the better option would be helpful. Once contact is broken then we need to decide where to regroup, I could head north, south or the lower arrow is a nice deep position that has a field of view out to the north arm of the forest.

The south tank will have a go at the infantry it's sighted, I may head back behind the forest in the third minute to stop the germans planning around it since the infantry will probably be gone by then.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Thursday, April 18 at 7PM EDT
Thursday, April 18 at 11PM GMT
Friday, April 19 at 7AM AWST

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Can I get an update on the status of 2nd squadron, 3rd & SMG platoons (and second AT section)? I want to check how tired they are since they were on fast movement last turn to get up to their positions.

IIRC I don't have LOS on the scurrying Germans, so they'll have to move to the edge of the woods.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

First Squadron ("Snezhinka")

The Fascist invaders have shown themselves, comrades! Comrade Hob has changed our orders, and we will fulfil his objectives. Shirking is punishable by death, comrades, do your duty!

quote:

oystertoadfish, in gold:

Your orders are to move some ATR and the SMG platoon to Vlad and put fire on the AT gun, unless the ATR section has LOS on the gun immediately, in which case drop and start firing at it. A second ATR should be placed in the farmhouse and similarly put fire on the AT gun. The remainder of your units (third ATR, rifle platoon, and MG team) should be deployed in the western end of Mikhail to support the units in Vlad.

Firing on the AT gun and other targets of opportunity in Boris is authorized. Priority is AT gun, then other infantry in Boris, then any units in Tanya.

quote:

koolkevz, in green:

Your orders are to move a rifle platoon, an MG team, and two ATR sections to the edge of Mikhail--keep spread out if possible, no unit stacking!--and set up a base of fire. Your remaining rifle platoon and one ATR section are to strike out and seize the buildings in the CABBAGE FARM, while the rest of your units provide covering fire to Tanya, Natasha, and the fortification between them, named SVETLANA.

Be aggressive--I want those houses seized ASAP.

Firing on any visible units is authorized for units in Mikhail; focus on Tanya/Svetlana/Natasha and supporting the push to the cabbage farm.

quote:

Squadron HQ, MG platoon HQ, and AT platoon HQs move quickly to location indicated by white diamond.

Za rodinu!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Jaguars! posted:

Alright ace, I've got two options for breaking contact as I see it, the north one takes longer to get out of sight but keeps the armour facing forward, the second one gets trees between me and the tiger quicker but involves a neutral turn at the start that'll expose side armour (though at an acute angle so decent chance of a ricochet). Any thoughts on which is the better option would be helpful. Once contact is broken then we need to decide where to regroup, I could head north, south or the lower arrow is a nice deep position that has a field of view out to the north arm of the forest.

The south tank will have a go at the infantry it's sighted, I may head back behind the forest in the third minute to stop the germans planning around it since the infantry will probably be gone by then.

Back out to the south and regroup with your other T-34-85. Get both tanks to a position where they can threaten the Tiger if it attempts to move up to engage Chitoryu's tanks. Let me know if you need LoS checks or screenshots.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Squadron 1st Platoon.

All rifle squads, MG squads and two out of three AT squads are to move to along the red line, spreading out as much as possible to avoid stacking and open fire on any hostile contacts that they spot. If they have LOS concentrate on the enemy contact see last turn somewhere in the yellow circle.

1st Squadron 2nd Platoon.

All rifle squads and the last AT squad are to use FAST to run across the open ground along the path of the dark red arrow and occupy the houses at the end of the arrow.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
For my own sanity I came up with a map with more place names, they're terrible since I mainly looked them up on the Zelda Wiki but at least it's a reference. I'll update the Roll20 with them when I have time.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

E: If the T-34 is running I'm not sticking about

Comrades! The hated fascists cower at the back of the field in their overengineered hellbox, unable to support their infantry. Such a thing would be unimaginable in the Workers and Peasant's Red Army! We must make them pay for their pusillanimity.

First we must rescue Comrade-Lieutenant Jaguars' tank by firing one of our HE rounds into the ground between it and the Tiger. Perhaps a pair of Target Briefly orders would be best. Simultaneously, reverse the remaining T-70 through the woods until the Tiger cannot see it and then move around to support Comrade-Lieutenant Jaguars' HQ tank, positioning to deliver fire onto the retreating infantry. If the Tiger pushes forward endeavour to avoid its line of sight, even at the cost of being unable to slaughter their infantry.

I myself, having bailed out of the tank successfully, will consume the Squadron vodka ration until I have recovered sufficiently from the experience to move and then push into the Sea of Trees south of my position to prepare to assault the enemy.

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 18, 2019

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

24 hour extension.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

that's helpful. I'll get a draft set of orders tonight, unless my other lp tells me I need to make some hopefully entertainingly bad orders in defense of Poland in 1939 tonight. either way I'll meet the deadline

Randomcheese3
Sep 6, 2011

"It's like no cheese I've ever tasted."

2nd Squadron Orders

The Germans have decided to show up in force, so now our squadron's got to show them what a bad idea that was!

Squadron HQ - move to white square to gain LOS on green circle, if I do not already have it. Radio for a mortar barrage targeted on the green circle. Use all 8 tubes available, medium duration, heavy mission,

Lenisto (troops outlined in red in image) - Begin engaging German troops on the west bank of the river. Key targets are AT guns, HMGs, and troops in the open moving northwards. You may manoeuvre as you see fit to maximise the effectiveness of your fire. Maintain spacing, and I'd recommend moving out of the line of fire of the tanks

HabeasDorkus (troops outlined in yellow in image) - Your rifle platoon and any attached units should halt movement and begin firing on German troops on the western bank, especially troops in the open. Move the SMG platoon up to the blue line to cover the special weapons platoon as they cross the ford.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Tank platoon 2

North Tank
Having had a decent study of the situation, I'm pretty sure this guy's best chance of survival is to throw a couple of rounds before retreating. Unbutton, set an Anti-Armour arc that covers a good 100m beyond and to the sides of the tiger. Wait 30s. Then reverse as per the map, I want to minimize time spent stopping and turning and try to keep the armour facing front on but obviously that's not going to be perfect so do what you can. Once out of the woods add a few little wiggles so that it's not on a constant bearing. Give plenty of room for a wide turn once beyond the forest, and head for the RV point at a decent speed. The arc can be cancelled after the first minute.

South Tank
Target the furthermost infantry for the first minute, then target a closer unit for each subsequent minute.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Second Squadron, 3rd Platoon & SMG Platoon

Legend
Red: SMG Platoon
Blue: AT Section
Yellow: 3rd Platoon
Green: Squadron HQ

SMG Platoon
RED Platoon is to advance QUICK to the edge of the forest and then wait to regroup so they're not running out piecemeal (so, for example, 1st squad is just going to be waiting for a minute 1 rather than running across open ground alone). Once at least 75% of the platoon is at the edge of the woods, they are to move FAST to the indicated line. I doubt they'll make it to their spot in the next three minutes, but if they are they're to drop prone and provide fire support to the SW crew as they attempt to take the ford. INPUTTERS NOTE: If they start taking coordinated fire from what looks like more than squad level opposition, they are to HIDE and await suppression of wherever they're being fired upon before resuming their advance.

AT Section
BLUE Section is to advance FAST to the line along the edge of the woods, facing south-west, and engage any vehicles or armored targets. INPUTTERS NOTE: Please space out the AT weaponry, and please check to make sure they have LOS to the SW from their final position so they're not shooting through the forest they're currently in.

3rd Platoon
YELLOW Platoon is to advance FAST to the edge of the forest and take up positions along the treeline facing south-west. They can fire at any infantry they see for Minutes 1 and 2. For Minute 3, I would like 1 squad each (two squads total) to AREA FIRE on the woods in the yellow circles below, to give cover to the SW troops and the SMG platoon as they cross open ground. They won't hit anything, but if they can make Jerry keep his head down maybe they won't shoot as much at our lads in the open. INPUTTERS NOTE: please make sure the squads have LOS to their area targets before Minute 2 begins, and reposition them during that minute if necessary. Also, if my map has them accidentally leaving the cover of the woods, please don't have them move out into the open just to perfectly match my orders.

2nd Squad HQ
This is only a suggestion, hoss, but I think the HQ might be too far from either myself or Lenisto to provide their leadership buffs, so I'd request you scoot up into the woods behind third platoon at a FAST pace.

Lenisto
Nov 1, 2012

2nd Squadron, 1st & 2nd Platoons

Keeping it simple this turn. The machine guns are set up and active so they should remain where they are and keep firing.

I believe it was 1st Platoon that suffered casualties? They are also to remain in place and keep firing on the cowardly Germans.

2nd Platoon (marked in red) will move out of the trees to the west until they are ~100m from the other infantry and then also halt and open fire. (The idea is to eventually have units leapfrogging each other while keeping pressure on those woods).

Can the AT rifles (marked blue) see the German 50mm guns in the southwest woods from where they are now? If not they should move south and west until they can and focus on those guns.

Sorry I've been cutting it so close to deadline with these orders!

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I'm away for the next 2.5 - 3 days so someone else will have to do the next turn with my tanks. What to do next turn depends how the tank battle goes, and if higher orders change. If Northy survives then both tanks could group up, potentially push a little further down the road to dominate a killing ground across the river.

If there's only one tank left then it depends what we discover down south, South tank is in a good position that is protected to the south but I'd consider pulling back behind the Sacred forest to stop the Germans planning round a static tank and as a proof against any further AFV shenanagains, since they've proven fairly aggressive. From there it should be easy enough to commit it anywhere as needed or regroup as needed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Jaguars! posted:

Tank platoon 2

North Tank
Having had a decent study of the situation, I'm pretty sure this guy's best chance of survival is to throw a couple of rounds before retreating. Unbutton, set an Anti-Armour arc that covers a good 100m beyond and to the sides of the tiger. Wait 30s. Then reverse as per the map, I want to minimize time spent stopping and turning and try to keep the armour facing front on but obviously that's not going to be perfect so do what you can. Once out of the woods add a few little wiggles so that it's not on a constant bearing. Give plenty of room for a wide turn once beyond the forest, and head for the RV point at a decent speed. The arc can be cancelled after the first minute.

Jaguars, absolutely do not do this. The forest is an rear end for navigation, you have to turn since the wrecked T-70 is partially behind you anyway, and you'll remain in spotty LoS of the Tiger for longer than if you'd just turned and backed out to the south like Frangible is doing. Also in no way should you even try to engage that Tiger by yourself, you need to extract from the position immediately and wait until your tanks are linked back up before we try and take a shot at it.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 19, 2019

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

3rd Platoon + SMG Platoon + Friends

The legend:

The image:

The text:

I can't really tell where all my units are on the Roll20 yet so I just drew where I want them to end again. All units move QUICK across open space

-The two SMG squads get as close as they can to the river while keeping them in cover then blast away, hopefully.

-ATR in vlad goes north and finds a firing line on the AT gun. other ATRs set up in house and Mikhail also find firing lines. IF ATRs have spotting on the AT gun before finishing the move order, stop moving and take the shot!

-the split rifle squad keeps vision on the south and covers south Boris, staying in cover on the south edge of Vlad.

-the non-split rifle squad is still in west Mikhail but on the south end, trying to watch Tanya and Boris at once.

-the MGs are deployed as wide apart as possible while staying in cover on the west edge of Mikhail. adjust positioning to cover as much of Boris as possible. keep enemy units suppressed or kill them. first priority is AT gun.

-The various HQs will set up behind their troops in Mikhail, ~40m or so behind if possible while staying in the forest. overall HQ stays behind them, in the forest.

Is that clear and concise enough? i interpreted hypno's orders fairly straightforwardly, i think.

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 19, 2019

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

red recon blue sapper

QUICK to the points represented, 25 meter between squads and 50 meters between platoons with preference given to the sappers.

After they are in those approx positions have the closest sapper platoon to the wire blow it with satchels. We don't need to go hog wild and blow everything, but make enough of a space to get my small force over the water. Avoid mines, but if they are next to the wire blow them too.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Turn 3

Abongination fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 21, 2019

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Regiment orders

Things are off to a great start. Germans are running all over the place with no clear, concentrated idea. Their AT gun is dead and mortars will soon be.

Regiment priority objectives are crossing Vodka, pinning Boris down completely and destroying all enemy support weapons.

Cease fire on troops entering Boris. There may be runners coming from Klauswoods or village to Boris. Let them in and only start shooting when they're well inside Boris. Mortar strike is coming in 6 minutes and it will sweep Boris clear of all life.

--

1st Squadron, good job doing rapid recon in south. Keep trading casualties. Mortars are your priority target.

2nd Squadron, cover SWAT to the best of your ability. Once the way is open, reinforce them with strength. Grab a few of those AT rifles too.

SWAT, lead the way. Once over bypass Dick Wood and assault Runner Woods. I want as much pressure brought to bear on Boris as possible so Germans will attempt to reinforce it and retreat to it.

Armor, support SWAT and 1st to the best of your ability. Do not attempt to engage Tiger. I expect you to deliver killshots to all high value targets our brave infantry uncovers. That means mortars, AT guns, machine gun nests and other things that are an immediate danger to our infantry. Tiger is paralyzed by indecision and will not be a threat to our advancing troops.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Abongination posted:

Turn 3

Will get a final map pic up later, heading out.

:ussr:

When is the next turn deadline? I'm not getting home until 7pmish Sunday but have my notebook and phone and chargers so I can def still get my orders in. I just don't want to miss anything.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Monday, April 22 at 7PM EDT
Monday, April 22 at 11PM GMT
Tuesday, April 23 at 7AM AWST

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

it looks to me like my previous orders stand. pending hypnobeard's further orders, of course. i can't wait for my SMGs to get up there so they can do what the german SMGs have been doing - but maybe they can do it better, since we're suppressing those germans now.

was it the german SMGs that were keeping that split rifle squad in the south suppressed most of the 3 minutes? hopefully that'll be over with soon. it looks like we're putting more and more fire to bear on boris, and when i get more of my troops in range there'll be even more

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Quick and general tank orders:

Chitoryu: you are murdering them and murdering them good. You've burned through about half your HE ammo by this point, so keep that in mind if you want to use Target orders, as you can try and use Target Light orders instead to use your MGs. Continue covering SWAT and continue blasting the gently caress out of the plethora of soft targets the Germans have presented us with.

FrangibleCover: As we discussed in the discord I'd prefer for you to fall back to join up with Chitoryu, but you do have a good position to hit German targets so use your discretion. My only straight order is that if an AT gun is sighted, skedaddle out of sight immediately and do not try and fight it. Single tanks versus AT guns is not a fight that typically goes well for the tanks.

Jaguars: I want your HQ tank up north with Chitoryu's tanks for a couple of reasons. First, it's a great position, and the Germans have presented us with a wonderful buffet of soft targets to feast upon. Second, hard-earned experience has taught me that no matter how good a position may seem, a single tank is always at risk of losing a 1v1 duel with no chance for retaliation. As such, I want all of our remaining T-34s together, both for whenever the Tiger decides to show up, and in case they run into any more AT guns. Since you're away this turn, I'll ask either Chitoryu or FrangibleCover to make the order, and if neither of them can I'll put it together myself.

Sound good? Sounds good.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

First Squadron ("Snezhinka")

Good job so far, everyone!

quote:

oystertoadfish:

Finish getting your troops in Vlad and continue to put fire on the units on Boris. That is your primary target; your secondary target is the troops in Runner Woods to the northwest. Provide support there with your MGs if no targets on or near Boris present themselves. Let's see how those SMGs do!

quote:

koolkevz:

Continue trying to move those units into the Cabbage Farm houses; concentrate your MG fires on the mortars in Tanya and then the trench/MG in Svetlana. If you can't see any of the mortars, put 15-30s of area fire on the two squares we saw the units in and then swap to Svetlana. We're going to ignore the troops in Natasha for the moment; hopefully comrade T-70 will assist us with that. We'll get blood back for the comrades lost!

quote:

HQs:

Stay in position unless we come under fire, then move into the woods heading southeast.

Za rodinu!

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Squadron 1st and 2nd Platoon

All right then those German bastards have made a fatal flaw this last round, they killed some of our men which means more vodka rations for the survivors which means a much higher morale* for the survivors. As such using this greater morale we will try some ancient knowledge known as superior tactics** to win this fight.

1st Squadron, 1st Platoon Orders

All rifle squads, anti-tank rifle teams and machine gun teams that can directly see the spotted mortars are to open fire on them immediately, anyone who can't see the mortars but can see the area they are hiding in is to use Area Fire to lay down as much lead on their location as possible. Said location being the yellow box on the map or as close to the mortars position as you can manage inputter. This is to continue for the whole of this turn.

1st Squadron, 2nd Platoon

Ok, here things get a little more complicated. The two rifle squads next to or in the field, ie the ones that do not have the LMG are to use Quick to run to the houses shown by the purple arrows and enter them before resting or whatever they need to do to recover from their run. The same goes for the anti-tank rifle team use Quick follow the purple arrow and get in the houses to recover.

The rifle squad who has unfortunately had their LMG gunner killed, shown by the dark red star, are to recover the machine gun through whatever means necessary, if they can recover it quickly enough and there is time to enter new orders they are to fire on any enemy contacts in Boris or Area Fire in their general direction as shown by the red box on the map.

The rifle squad in the open with the working LMG gunner and the HQ team are to open fire on any targets they can see in Boris or Area Fire in the general area of the red box as shown on the map.

* Anyone whose higher morale does not last for the entire battle should see their local commissar for advice and assistance.
** Note superior tactics may not actually be superior or even good.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Overall map from the end of T7:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i feel good about my previous orders still being valid, in the context of hypno's orders (edit: aside from the 'target the AT gun' parts but i think bong can handle that incongruity). therefore i will simply quote those orders, which mostly haven't been completed yet anyway (and what's been completed has seemingly resulted in effective fire on the enemy)

THE ONE CHANGE :siren: everybody, but especially the MGs, focus on the mortars if you can see them. The rifle squads are another group that might see 'em, and they could shoot them too. getting an opportunity to suppress mortar fire is a godsend

oystertoadfish posted:

3rd Platoon + SMG Platoon + Friends

The legend:

The image:

The text:

I can't really tell where all my units are on the Roll20 yet so I just drew where I want them to end again. All units move QUICK across open space

-The two SMG squads get as close as they can to the river while keeping them in cover then blast away, hopefully.

-ATR in vlad goes north and finds a firing line on the AT gun. other ATRs set up in house and Mikhail also find firing lines. IF ATRs have spotting on the AT gun before finishing the move order, stop moving and take the shot!

-the split rifle squad keeps vision on the south and covers south Boris, staying in cover on the south edge of Vlad.

-the non-split rifle squad is still in west Mikhail but on the south end, trying to watch Tanya and Boris at once.

-the MGs are deployed as wide apart as possible while staying in cover on the west edge of Mikhail. adjust positioning to cover as much of Boris as possible. keep enemy units suppressed or kill them. first priority is AT gun.

-The various HQs will set up behind their troops in Mikhail, ~40m or so behind if possible while staying in the forest. overall HQ stays behind them, in the forest.

Is that clear and concise enough? i interpreted hypno's orders fairly straightforwardly, i think.

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 22, 2019

Randomcheese3
Sep 6, 2011

"It's like no cheese I've ever tasted."

2nd Squadron Orders

Continue to engage German troops on the western bank.

Squadron HQ should move towards Lenisto's platoons, maintaining line of sight for the mortars, ending up where the MG section is now.

habeasdorkus - it might be worth shifting your rifle platoon forward too, to cover SWAT's move across the ford. We need to think about how we're going to deal with German troops in the forest, especially those in the western end of it.

Randomcheese3 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 22, 2019

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

2nd Tank platoon

Reverse, Moving off the line of the road ASAP to break line of sight if the tiger closes battle. Go far enough back that the sacred forest covers my SW flank before proceeding at the fastest practical speed to the new position. Hug the top edge of the map and turn into a position facing the same orientation as Chitoryu's tanks.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Comrades! The Vlasovite bastard dtkozl has "accidentally" posted in the main thread and been shot by the NKVD for his treachery against the Motherland. Let this be a lesson to us all! Now, my previous command is visible as that pillar of smoke to your South, so I am your new commander. Fear not, for I only suck at commanding armour and none of you have any armour at all!

aide whispering

I have just been informed that Soviet Sappers in 1944 had standard issue body armour. Update your wills.

Now, to business.

Set the Sappers onto short target arcs and have them blow through the wire. Our comrades in the Armoured Forces will cover this movement. Rush all other forces towards the river to ensure maximum application of force, Second Squadron form our second echelon so no lagging behind is necessary.

The Sappers are to use their more prolific long range weapons to fire on any formed enemy resistance in the Balls, or else to area fire randomly into the tank-shredded hellscape if nobody is shooting back. Recon platoon is to make their way through the gaps in the wire into the field, avoiding areas left unwired.

Whereupon they are to hose the Head with SMG fire in the finest traditions of the RKKA.

If at any point we run into mines then just bypass the mined tile or tiles with movement orders. They won't have enough mines to cover the whole ford and I'm more willing to take the three or four casualties created by active mine clearance than the ten minutes Combat Mission demands for passive mine clearance.

Lenisto
Nov 1, 2012

Randomcheese3 posted:

2nd Squadron Orders
Continue to engage German troops on the western bank.

The 2nd Squadron machine guns have had a gun run on that field between the northern forests but looks like that's clearing out. My infantry have moved up and will be firing across the river still so I'd planned on packing one of the machine guns and moving them a bit west as well so they have LOS on those woods also.

Thoughts?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Second Squadron, 2nd Section, 3rd Platoon, SMG Platoon, and AT Detachment Orders

Legend
Red: SMG Platoon
Yellow: 3rd Platoon
Blue: AT Detachment.

INPUTTER NOTE: I highly doubt the individual squads are accurate, so please do your best to just move whatever actual unit is there regardless of what the map I post says.

* Orders for first two minutes
3rd Platoon: Advance along YELLOW route at FAST speed, to take up position facing towards the balls of Dick Forest. INPUTTER NOTE: I doubt they'll take any heavy fire, but if they get opened up on by a MG and take more than a couple casualties they should HIDE so that the MG nest can be suppressed before they continue.
AT Detachment: Advance along BLUE route at FAST speed, take up positions behind 3rd Platoon facing towards the balls. INPUTTER NOTE: Same as 3rd Platoon.
SMG Platoon: Stay in position. Any weapons (IIRC there's a LMG in the platoon, at least) that have the range to hit Jerry in the balls should fire either on what they can see or target the red circle as suppressing fire.

* Orders for third minute
3rd Platoon & AT Detachment: Finish moving FAST if still not at indicated destination after 2 minutes. DEPLOY machineguns. Target Jerry in the YELLOW and BLUE balls when you can see them, and use MGs to suppress the area if there are no Germans in view. Do not fire AT weapons at infantry.
SMG Platoon: Move FAST along RED route so long as the wire has been blown. Cross that goddamned ford and bust the Head of Dickwoods. Don't stop moving before you're in the woods. INPUTTERS NOTE: If we've discovered there's a minefield when the sappers or recon start to get blown sky high, skirt eastwards along the river before continuing south/southwest towards the Head.

Do your mothers and Mother Russia proud, Comrades! Hit harder!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

T-70:

Target Briefly the Germans beside the trench, like so:

Afterwards, move QUICK to Mikhail? Woodfall? Whatever we're calling it now, and TARGET known the German positions to the south for the rest of the turn.

After the first turn, continue to use Target Briefly orders to hit German positions for 30 seconds at a time, should they remain there. Should any AT guns be spotted within LoS, the T-70 should Reverse to get out of the way, unless that would mean backing into LoS of the Tiger. Should that unlikely scenario occur, Target the AT and hope for the best.

T-34s (Contingency Orders)

Target Briefly the German infantry at your discretion, 30 seconds at a time. On the off chance the Tiger starts moving in their direction and appears to be within a minute of engaging them, cancel target orders and draw up Target Armor Arcs to cover the Tiger's likely approach. (I don't think they'd move the Tiger so aggressively and stupidly like that, but you never know).