Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Map run around and some line of sight stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjLbRWE8HE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

Slow Move both T-34s following the black lines and land them in the circled spots. Not picky as to which moves where. Unbutton and Face Boris.

Also, just so you know. You can't queue up an unbutton order. So it has to happen at the start of the turn, no biggie though.

*Edit -

Also a orders banner if people wanna use it. If not just make sure you bold the word orders and/or make it obvious that's what the post is.

Abongination fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 11, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 1 (click the flag)

Next orders will be due in 48 hours but hopefully less as there's not a whole lot to change.

There's been some discussions on discord as to the best way to frame our orders to be able to react to things happening mid turn. From this point on game turns will be running for three minutes with myself and the German inputter having the opportunity to make minor changes before each minute. These changes must be reflected in your initial orders however, they are your troops and you command them. Hob has written up some notes on this which I'm sure he will post later on today or tomorrow.

Randomcheese3 I mildly screwed up deployment for 2nd Squadron command assets so my bad. Your Squadron HQ is in the right place but both the AT and MG Platoon HQ's are in the southern forest on the east side.

Abongination fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 14, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Just added in every unit to Roll20 and now I am a broken husk of a man. It'll look like less of a clusterfuck once we manage to spread out.

Roll20 Link is here! >>>>> https://app.roll20.net/join/4524628/bOrxDA <<<<<

---------------------------------------------------------

Everyone spread out!

Try to keep at least one unit stationary in a good spot to cover the others as you move your men forward, this doesn't need to be one of your units so keep an eye on where other commanders are moving men and coordinate. We will def need men facing potential points of contact as the rest amble towards their destinations so don't just draw a line on a map and say "move here"

While we're on orders -

You don't need to know the game that well to order your little pixelmen around now thanks to Fray's adaption to the game mode. You can give me orders that state your intention and purpose clearly and I can translate that into game turns for you! I know Hob is getting antsy about "if" orders but please use them if you think it will help broadcast your intentions to me in a clearer manner.

Example :

Inf Platoon Commander posted:

Intention:

My Platoon will be moving up to the indicated wood (square drawn on map) to get eyes and firing positions facing the south west. Part of the platoon will be advancing quicker then the rest, scouting to draw fire and suss out enemy positions while the rest follow behind them.

1st Platoon Orders:

1st Squad will split into two teams and advanced rapidly towards the wood marked in the square I've drawn, the squads keeping a safe spacing between them and using cover where applicable.

2nd Squad will remain as a single unit and they and 1st Platoon HQ will follow behind 1st Squad at a more sedate pace after a short pause.

Should either team draw fire they are to either return fire if in a safe position to do so otherwise bound forward while covering each-other.

Once they reach the forest marked by the square the entire platoon is to spread out covering the south west with the HQ behind and within command distance of all units. 2nd Squad will break into two teams upon arrival at the wood

Abongination fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 15, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug

Army selfie

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 2

Abongination fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 17, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 3

Abongination fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 21, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 4

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 5

Abongination fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 26, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
*Turn is still processing on youtube, whole thing should be up and in HD in about 30 mins from when this was posted, I'm going to bed*

Turn 6

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug

Hob_Gadling posted:

Disregard all orders from Ace and Chi. They are in open revolt. Jaguars, you are the new armor commander. Go put some immediate fire on the germans crossing the river.

Lol

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Hob has retired himself, he was mentioning that he was a bit burnt out anyway so I guess this latest discussion pushed him over the edge.

Commander is up for grabs if anyone wants it or has suggestions, your role is general plans and not ordering individual units around the map. Everyone is in control of their own units and can disobey orders if they feel like it, the game works better that way and is one of the exciting things about this format.

So, cast your votes

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 7

Abongination fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 2, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 8

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
I show it somewhere in the video but no, they are not. One of your guns has partial eyes on the tiger so I ordered him to open up and maybe dome the commander but I don’t think they ever fired.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Ok, we need to face some hard realities and decide upon a plan.

Throwing in my two cents, I present a crudely drawn map that I call "Operation: Last Ditch"

Here's my thinking that lead to this:

1. The Germans have fortified the north, any major assaults from that direction are going to be incredibly costly in a fashion that we simply cannot afford now.

2. We've lost the majority of our tank strength and the Tiger is a major threat until it runs out of ammo and even is then still a credible threat.

3. Woods and houses are our best defense

3. We still have quite a lot of infantry but we're far too spread out to be effective.

4. The Germans still seem to think we'll attack north. We've made enough noise up there and our eastern attacks have gone in piecemeal and have been defeated.

The idea:

-We can assemble three almost totally full Inf Platoons (Habs, Jag, Len) along with a scattering of armed tank crews, part squads and HQs for a single decisive push in numbers. We have enough other men that we can make noise elsewhere.

-We make a ton of noise in the north and march damaged units (SMGS, Habs atrs and the most damaged units from SWAT) around in Boris and Klaus as if we're staging a bunch of infantry. At the same time the most complete units from SWAT push down the western side of the map as planned previously, killing any german stragglers and getting into a position to make the hop south west and across ford "not appearing in this game"

-Recon platoon HQ gets into a position to call in a line barrage down over the northern German trench line and uses one of the mortar tubes to call in a bombardment using a good amount of ammo.

-Jags platoon (or part of it) runs the gauntlet of the house HMGs and clears the last german survivors from the swamp so they dont have good eyes on the far east of the map.

-Pretty much every other unit we have (minus OTFs survivors and a couple MGs and HQs to make noise) starts pushing east and then south to get in a position to make the hop from "Zelda themed shrubbery" into Natasha. They don't need to push as far south as I've drawn and will most likely head directly across to the eastern tip of Natasha.

-3 or so minutes after the HE Barrage has been first called in, a smoke mission will be called in to blind the HMGs covering the eastern approaches to castle town.

-We'll stage and engage the northern trench line with the damaged units in Klaus and Boris while they are under HE bombardment, hopefully pinning forces there while we try to sneak SWAT along the western map edge.

-As soon as the smoke starts falling we'll burst from the eastern trees and charge Natasha, clearing it with a small force while the rest go south of it and push hard and fast to the west. Overwhelming the small amount of inf there and bypassing the HMGs. Once in town we'll establish small squads in houses along the south and secure the church, hopefully forcing the Germans to have to attack us and leave the trench line.

This is a badly formatted flow of conciousness but hopefully you get the general idea, we force them to look north and engage them. Before smoking east and charging.

Downsides of this plan being that it will take 4 or so turns to get into position and the Germans might cotton on. We have 38 minutes left so we've plenty of time to get into positions. It'll just be a bit dull

Abongination fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 8, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Yer, been having a think and what if the hard push came through Vlad instead, with two full inf platoons and everyone else we can pull together. We smoke right on top of the house line as much as possible and try to rush units into the houses to kill the HMG teams man to man.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 9

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 10

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 11

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug

Lenisto posted:

2nd Squadron, 1st & 2nd Platoon

Main body is still waiting for the big push. The AT rifles in Vlad should stay in the woods but move to get better LOS on the Tiger and target it.

It looks like the HMG in those woods that took the hit is still active but they need some time to recover and man the gun again? They are vulnerable but should remain where they are. The other HMG just above them should continue moving towards Vlad to be with the main force but keeping that 30-50m between units.

Your AT Rifles are still in Woodfall on the west side, all of them have full ammo and their AT rifles. The ones in Vlad are OTF's survivors and none of them have AT Rifles.

The HMG that got knocked out is also OTFs and is destroyed and cannot be recovered.

Jaguars! posted:

1st Squadron 1st Platoon Orders

Can I get a confirmation that you want one of your AT rifle teams to sit out in the open west of Zelda Shrubbbery? Are they a diversionary target?

Also, mortar HQ is a combat squad and doesn't have a radio, your best bet for calling in support for the assault is 2nd Squadron HQ which is currently dropping smoke, they might be able to drop HE following the smoke mission as its tubes still have 70 odd rounds.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 11

Lenisto posted:

Oh shoot, I didn't have a chance to look at the thread at work today. Sorry about the confusion Abongination! I should have checked the units closer.

All good mang, I'll have to do another unit click through soon.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 12

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 14

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Now is the time.

I think it's time to charge with everything we have in the east. The Germans have smoked the north and have moved the Tiger over in what I believe is an attempt to cover their retreat from the front trenches and back onto the objective.

I don't think they've spotted our reserves, we can punch out of Vlad and hard into Tanya and town, hopefully cutting off or inflicting casualties on troops moving back towards the objective. I half expect them to pull their reserve trench inf back into town to combat our southern forces while freeing up space in the town trench for the retreating troops, at least that's what I'd most likely do. I also expect troops to attempt to move through Tanya and the wood that SWAT is trying to get to. Lens HMGs are currently positioned behind Boris and I think they should attempt to get into foxholes and the eastern most length of the long trench in order to put down fire on anyone that tries to fall back. As long as they are firing that's fine for us.

The germans pulling out will take time and we can have between 1 - 3 minutes to charge madly forward before they can react properly. If they don't have a ton of contingencies we can flood in like a tidal wave.

If they don't move at all then it's all the better for us, we can cut the majority of their men off from the objective and fire straight down that Town trench line. Our spotting rounds will also be landing in and around that trench before our final barrage comes in.

There are for sure Germans holed up in the south eastern town but we can overwhelm some and bypass others. As long as we can occupy some buildings we can provide a solid base of fire to cover our hops in. I think we can do this.

Let's hear from everyone else once you've watched the video and discuss how we should proceed, we're in the decisive few minutes now.

Abongination fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 28, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 15

Abongination fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 31, 2019

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 16

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Turn 18

It's been a hell of a fight