Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

This is the Soviet team thread! If you are on the German team, stop reading now! If you’re wondering what this is, see this thread.

June 26, 1944
Near Mogilev, Byelorussian SSR

Briefing
It is the fifth day of Bagration. The Soviet 2nd Belorussian Front, despite heavy losses, has punched a hole through the first defensive line of the German Fourth Army. The Red Army now pushes ahead towards the Dnepr, seeking to cross it and encircle the city of Mogilev, their chief objective in this sector.

You command elements from a Soviet cavalry division forming the head of the advance. You have broken ahead of the main body of 49th Army, seeking the river. Along the way, you find the road blocked by a German second-line force. Initial recon reports enemy infantry heavily entrenched around a small farming village set beside a stream. Your recon platoon also sighted some large enemy AFV before they themselves were spotted and driven off by machine gun fire.

Your task is straightforward: You must defeat these fortifications and clear the village to open the road to the Dnepr. You have one hour to accomplish this.

The Map!
The map is 1200m x 1232m (I mis-state it in the overview video). Map conditions are clear and dry. Light wind from the west.

Here’s the map walkthrough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4FmqpdFPvU

Soviet Forces
Your force is a cavalry detachment consisting of a partial cavalry regiment supported by tanks:

Force Walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTmaicTyQ5I

Objectives
Hold the church in the village center (500VP).

Reinforcements
You will receive no reinforcements this match.

Discord: https://discord.gg/fkp83MG
This link should grant you the Allies role.

Save File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ae7rlcSlx36ITj5ANsa0EYtj4hgqaSg0
Password: zhukov
This file is official. You’ll do your setup in it and turn it over to the Germans.

Orders Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CJX-ieCxcR8CRDM1B6IIFgXLpc-dcOIVUzXRbWXcpQ4/edit#gid=0

Fray fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

I should point out that as is common for the Soviets, you have a lot of rather small platoons. Some platoon commanders will need to double up.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

First orders are due:
Saturday, April 13 11PM GMT
Saturday, April 13 7PM EDT
Sunday, April 14 7AM AWST.

Fray fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 10, 2019

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

I discussed order-writing some in the OP of the main thread. I recommend talking in terms of intentions and goals rather than explicit in-game commands cause then your inputter has flexibility. That doesn’t necessarily mean a list of specific if-then conditionals. Just try to get across the idea of what you have in mind. I’m not super picky about this; the purpose of the inputters is to make things easier on the players, and if that’s happening then I’m happy.

Just remember that you can write your orders however you want, but the inputter is ultimately bound to the will of the players, and your orders are how you express your will. If you express it by just drawing movement lines on a map as in Grey’s matches, then expect your inputter to execute it like Grey would.

And if you want to set some standing orders for your dudes that will apply every round, that’s totally fine. Anything you want to post in the thread as official orders is fair game.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Monday, April 15 at 8PM EDT
Tuesday, April 16 at midnight (0:00) GMT
Tuesday, April 16 at 8AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Extending 24 hours for inputters. We'll try again at the same time tomorrow.

Orders are now due:
Tuesday, April 16 at 8PM EDT
Wednesday, April 17 at midnight (0:00) GMT
Wednesday, April 17 at 8AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Thursday, April 18 at 7PM EDT
Thursday, April 18 at 11PM GMT
Friday, April 19 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

24 hour extension.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Monday, April 22 at 7PM EDT
Monday, April 22 at 11PM GMT
Tuesday, April 23 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Thursday, April 25 at 7PM EDT
Thursday, April 25 at 11PM GMT
Friday, April 26 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Sunday, April 28 at 7PM EDT
Sunday, April 28 at 11PM GMT
Monday, April 29 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Wednesday, May 1 at 7PM EDT
Wednesday, May 1 at 11PM GMT
Thursday, May 2 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Monday, May 6 at 7PM EDT
Monday, May 6 at 11PM GMT
Tuesday, May 7 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Thursday, May 9 at 7PM EDT
Thursday, May 9 at 11PM GMT
Friday, May 10 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Sunday, May 12 at 7PM EDT
Sunday, May 12 at 11PM GMT
Monday, May 13 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Wednesday, May 15 at 7PM EDT
Wednesday, May 15 at 11PM GMT
Thursday, May 16 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Sunday, May 19 at 7PM EDT
Sunday, May 19 at 11PM GMT
Monday, May 20 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Wednesday, May 22 at 7PM EDT
Wednesday, May 22 at 11PM GMT
Thursday, May 23 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Monday, May 27 at 7PM EDT
Monday, May 27 at 11PM GMT
Tuesday, May 28 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Thursday, May 30 at 7PM EDT
Thursday, May 30 at 11PM GMT
Friday, May 31 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Monday, June 3 at 7PM EDT
Monday, June 3 at 11PM GMT
Tuesday, June 4 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Thursday, June 6 at 7PM EDT
Thursday, June 6 at 11PM GMT
Friday, June 7 at 7AM AWST

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

By mutual agreement of the team commanders, we will lengthen the rounds to speed the end of the match.

The next round (about 24 hours from now) will be four minutes. Rounds afterwards will be 5 minutes. Let me know if you need an extension to prepare for the longer round tomorrow.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Tuesday, June 11 at 7PM EDT
Tuesday, June 11 at 11PM GMT
Wednesday, June 12 at 7AM AWST

Sorry for the late notice, been working long hours the past week and let this slip my mind. Let me know if you need more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

After some Discord discussion, koolkevz has chosen to call it here. The match is officially over and all threads are now open!