Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oooh, I have a SMG platoon. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Well dang, I had thought tonight was the deadline for first turns. The orders were about the same, regardless.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

2nd Squadron, 3rd Platoon, Red Storm, & 2nd AT Section

Legend:
Yellow: 3rd Cavalry Platoon
Red: SMG Platoon
Blue: 2nd AT Section Detachment
Green: I think that's the AT detachment's HQ.

* All elements are to advance FAST for 1 minute or until they're in position at the edge of the woods, after 1 minute if they're not there in time move NORMAL until they reach their waypoints at the edge of the forest.
* Units are to move spreading out and occupying their line. NOTE FOR INPUTTER: Spacing is more important than perfectly conforming to the area they've been given to cover, I don't want a mortar or lucky hit killing half a squad.
* Once they reach the waypoint, 3rd Platoon and AT section are to provide covering fire.
* SMG platoon is to have their LMGs provide cover for the overall advance, while the SMG only squads are to keep their heads down as they probably can't hit poo poo from that range.

e: deleted part two, updated part one as I misread my orders from the CO. What is he doing writing in Ukrainian, anyways!?

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 17, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Can I get an update on the status of 2nd squadron, 3rd & SMG platoons (and second AT section)? I want to check how tired they are since they were on fast movement last turn to get up to their positions.

IIRC I don't have LOS on the scurrying Germans, so they'll have to move to the edge of the woods.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Second Squadron, 3rd Platoon & SMG Platoon

Legend
Blue: AT Section
Yellow: 3rd Platoon
Green: Squadron HQ

SMG Platoon
RED Platoon is to advance QUICK to the edge of the forest and then wait to regroup so they're not running out piecemeal (so, for example, 1st squad is just going to be waiting for a minute 1 rather than running across open ground alone). Once at least 75% of the platoon is at the edge of the woods, they are to move FAST to the indicated line. I doubt they'll make it to their spot in the next three minutes, but if they are they're to drop prone and provide fire support to the SW crew as they attempt to take the ford. INPUTTERS NOTE: If they start taking coordinated fire from what looks like more than squad level opposition, they are to HIDE and await suppression of wherever they're being fired upon before resuming their advance.

AT Section
BLUE Section is to advance FAST to the line along the edge of the woods, facing south-west, and engage any vehicles or armored targets. INPUTTERS NOTE: Please space out the AT weaponry, and please check to make sure they have LOS to the SW from their final position so they're not shooting through the forest they're currently in.

3rd Platoon
YELLOW Platoon is to advance FAST to the edge of the forest and take up positions along the treeline facing south-west. They can fire at any infantry they see for Minutes 1 and 2. For Minute 3, I would like 1 squad each (two squads total) to AREA FIRE on the woods in the yellow circles below, to give cover to the SW troops and the SMG platoon as they cross open ground. They won't hit anything, but if they can make Jerry keep his head down maybe they won't shoot as much at our lads in the open. INPUTTERS NOTE: please make sure the squads have LOS to their area targets before Minute 2 begins, and reposition them during that minute if necessary. Also, if my map has them accidentally leaving the cover of the woods, please don't have them move out into the open just to perfectly match my orders.

2nd Squad HQ
This is only a suggestion, hoss, but I think the HQ might be too far from either myself or Lenisto to provide their leadership buffs, so I'd request you scoot up into the woods behind third platoon at a FAST pace.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Abongination posted:

Turn 3

Will get a final map pic up later, heading out.

:ussr:

When is the next turn deadline? I'm not getting home until 7pmish Sunday but have my notebook and phone and chargers so I can def still get my orders in. I just don't want to miss anything.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Overall map from the end of T7:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Second Squadron, 2nd Section, 3rd Platoon, SMG Platoon, and AT Detachment Orders

Legend
Blue: AT Detachment.

INPUTTER NOTE: I highly doubt the individual squads are accurate, so please do your best to just move whatever actual unit is there regardless of what the map I post says.

* Orders for first two minutes
3rd Platoon: Advance along YELLOW route at FAST speed, to take up position facing towards the balls of Dick Forest. INPUTTER NOTE: I doubt they'll take any heavy fire, but if they get opened up on by a MG and take more than a couple casualties they should HIDE so that the MG nest can be suppressed before they continue.
AT Detachment: Advance along BLUE route at FAST speed, take up positions behind 3rd Platoon facing towards the balls. INPUTTER NOTE: Same as 3rd Platoon.
SMG Platoon: Stay in position. Any weapons (IIRC there's a LMG in the platoon, at least) that have the range to hit Jerry in the balls should fire either on what they can see or target the red circle as suppressing fire.

* Orders for third minute
3rd Platoon & AT Detachment: Finish moving FAST if still not at indicated destination after 2 minutes. DEPLOY machineguns. Target Jerry in the YELLOW and BLUE balls when you can see them, and use MGs to suppress the area if there are no Germans in view. Do not fire AT weapons at infantry.
SMG Platoon: Move FAST along RED route so long as the wire has been blown. Cross that goddamned ford and bust the Head of Dickwoods. Don't stop moving before you're in the woods. INPUTTERS NOTE: If we've discovered there's a minefield when the sappers or recon start to get blown sky high, skirt eastwards along the river before continuing south/southwest towards the Head.

Do your mothers and Mother Russia proud, Comrades! Hit harder!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 22, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

End of turn map:

Video is coming as fast as the wallaby post can carry the tapes.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

2nd Squadron: 3rd Platoon, SMG Platoon, & AT detachment

Comrades, now is the moment where we can crush the enemy! Pick up the pace and be first to gun down the cowering, vile Fascist!

Legend
Blue: AT Detachment.

Minute 11

SMG Platoon: Get into the Head at FAST pace along route RED, engage any dumb survivors in there, and set up facing towards Runner's Woods. INPUTTER'S NOTES: 1) I don't think the full SMG platoon got orders on the last minute of last turn, so make sure the platoon HQ and last team across the river are moving ASAP. 2) Concealment is better than good LOS firing positions for their final spot in the head.

3rd Platoon & AT Section: Cover SMG Platoon's move and catch your breath, you'll be back on the move very shortly.

Minute 12-13

pay no attention to the change in map, it was always like that

SMG Platoon: The rear elements will probably take some of this time to finish moving into position even at FAST speed, but the men that are at their waypoint should get ready to assault into Runner Woods and provide cover for 3rd Platoon & AT Detachment's move. If the platoon LMG is down there, have it target Runner Wood briefly, I don't want to waste ammo but I do want to keep the Fascists cowering.

3rd Platoon & AT Section: Move FAST on Routes BLUE and YELLOW to the respective waypoints in the Shaft and between the Head and the River. INPUTTER'S NOTES: Make sure 3rd platoon gets far enough south that they'll be screened from any MGs in the Balls by the Head. I don't want them taking enfilade fire.

FINAL INPUTTERS NOTE: Please give me a heads up on each squad's tiredness at the end of this turn.

To the West!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 24, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Provisional orders for Jag's T-34

Send another two shots into the Balls of Dickwoods, then move FAST to join Chitoryu and OPEN UP.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

We have already made a German capitulate! Now to kill and capture his friends!

Legend
Orange: 3rd Platoon
Blue: AT Detachment

Minutes 14-16

MINUTE 14

SMG Platoon: Give them one minute to catch their breath, they're about to be in the thick of it.

3rd Platoon: Finish moving FAST to the ORANGE line as indicated. DEPLOY any weapons that need deploying, if they have them.

AT Section: Finish moving FAST to the BLUE line in the Shaft as indicated. If the Tiger comes roaring north feel free to engage. Otherwise, provide southerly cover as Frangible clears out the balls.

MINUTES 15-16

SMG Platoon: Move FAST into Runner Woods, then HUNT southwards along the RED lines and clear Runner Woods of any remaining Germans. Extra vodka rations for the first to reach the woods and first to kill or capture a German. No vodka rations for the last man into the woods. INPUTTERS NOTE: Have at least one team of SMGs get into the trenches so they can clear them out.

3rd Platoon: Rest up, cover SMG platoon's move into Runner Woods as needed, and prepare to move south towards Boris.

AT Section: If the Tiger comes roaring north feel free to engage even from long range. Otherwise, provide cover and watch the southern flank Frangible continues to clear out the balls.

FINAL INPUTTERS NOTE: Please give me a heads up on each units tiredness at the end of the turn, especially 3rd platoon since they're about to have to run again.

The enemy is cunning - be on guard!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 27, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Well this went very quickly to hell in a handbasket. Oh so very goony.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Shall we be cool with koolkevz, then? I think Ace said he was fairly busy with work.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

We are engaged with the cowardly fascists! Now is the time to teach them what true fear feels like! URA!

Legend

Minutes 17-19

SMG Platoon: HUNT through the forest roughly along the RED lines, and make sure you get out of the AT gun's sights ASAP. Vodka for every man who kills a German, double for every man who captures one. Inputter's Notes: Send one team down the trenches to get a straight shot at any German in them. Also, if they actually can pick up M42s, have one dude do so as they're passing through.

3rd Platoon: Rest for one minute, then move QUICK on Route YELLOW. Keep them moving until they're due east of the southern trench in Runner Woods. Inputter's Notes: Stay the gently caress out of the Tiger's guns, if it pushes to the ford have them dash into the woods or drop and hide as you see fit.

AT Section: Minute One: move normal along Route BLUE so you have the shortest possible jumpoff to Klauswoods. Minutes 2-3: Run like gently caress into Klauswoods, and then start picking your way south. Batten down if you meet opposition, but ideally they've left the woods empty and in 3-5 minutes we're getting flank shots on that Tiger.

On each and every attack our valorous Red Army will answer with three times more powerful blows!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm going to be on a mini-vacation from noon tomorrow to 10pm on Monday. I can try to post orders from the train to DC tomorrow, but if I don't, please have Random or Lenisto tell my lads what to do. I also haven't had a chance to watch the turn yet, I know my SMG platoon took some hits but am not sure how they're feeling right now. From the map, though, it looks like Klaus is empty, so my AT teams can just keep moving up to take up position in cover.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Curse you, perfidious running dogs of the Fuhrer! How dare you cut down so many of our valiant boys with explosive weapons! And how dare Frangible Cover not have killed that stupid AT gun yet! Forward, and no quarter until our burning thirst for revenge has been slaked! However, I have been called back for a vital meeting with the Regimental Zampolit to discuss the potentially treasonous actions of those soldiers of mine who have died without having captured their current objective, and will not be back in time to finalize orders. Should my orders be outside of what Squadron Command desires, Randomcheese has full authority to change them.

Legend
Blue: AT Detachment Option 1
Green: AT Detachment Option 2

Minutes 20-22

SMG Platoon: MEDIC! That's all they should be doing for the next three minutes, they need some time to recover from the beating they took. Someone please remind me if Casualty injuries can be brought back into the fight or if medicking merely stabilizes them and gives us better scores in the end, I think it's the latter but would love to be wrong.

3rd Platoon: Leapfrog the two elements closest to the trench on ASSAULT orders. I want those goddamned Fascists DEAD, and they're currently broken and this is our best chance to wipe them out. The others should keep moving up as well. Overall, once the Hun has been put down, arrange the platoon along the YELLOW line.

AT Section: I really don't think they have anyone in Klauswoods, and I have prepared two options. OPTION ONE is to have the AT platoon HUNT through the forest along route BLUE and set up across the river. If the Tiger doesn't move, then there's a real chance of getting a rear or side shot into it. OPTION TWO is to have them move QUICK along route GREEN and set up so they can fire on any broken Germans trying to flee from the balls and force them to run back into SWAT's loving arms. I leave it to Frangible and Random as to which version they'd like my men to execute.

e: Were going with OPTION ONE.
e2: INPUTTERS NOTE: Apparently the HMGs north of the head of Dickwoods is mine. They're probably pretty pooped, but they can't stop quite yet. Get them to the top of the shaft, and try to get a LOS on the other side of the ford. If they can see the trenches, they'll be able to suppress them when the time comes for me to move SMG & 3rd platoon into Boris.

The Conquests of October Shall Not Give!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 6, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

OK, the AT section is to go tiger hunting.

Lenisto, I'd really appreciate if you can bring your HMGs on the west side of the river down into Runner Woods as a medium term plan, but having them set up in Dickwoods (shaft, ideally) would also work.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

There's still those HMGs in the north across the ford and just above the woods, Lenisto. I believe they're yours. Pretty please do me a solid by moving them into the woods and setting up to cover my eventual jump from Runner Woods to Boris?

e: I'm being told they're mine. It's like Christmas come early!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 6, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Can I get a heads up on whether the HMG teams attached to me are in LOS to the trenches & Tiger south of the ford? I don't really need to know whether anything is there, I just need to lay down suppressing fire to assist my dudes in Klauswoods.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

2nd Squadron: 3rd Platoon, SMG Platoon, HMG detachment, & AT detachment

We may be down on tanks, but that just means one of you will be able to pull that Tiger's commander from his chariot and bayonet the fascist up close! But first, we need to close ground and move carefully.

Legend
Green: HMG Section

Minutes 23-25

SMG Platoon: It looks like we still have about half of the platoon combat effective. Recover ammo (and any especially good weapons like LMGs) from our dear, departed comrades for the first two minutes, and on minute three move NORMAL to the RED line facing SOUTH.

3rd Platoon: Arrange yourselves in cover along the YELLOW line moving on HUNT and kill any remaining non-surrendered Germans who are running away. Face SOUTH/SOUTHWEST and have the platoon MG BRIEFLY TARGET the YELLOW circled area at minute 3. INPUTTER'S NOTE: If it's actually possible to recover weapons from the German casualties, have someone try and grab a M42. No worries if that's not doable.

AT Section: Bad, bad luck to have two of our AT gunners get dropped by light fire. The remaining members of the section is to HIDE, immediately. Minute two they should stay down, move SLOW, and then RECOVER the lost AT rifles. Then draw back SLOW along route BLUE to a deeper point in the woods. INPUTTER'S NOTE: I think SLOW is the crawl command, but if I'm mixing it up, I want them hugging the ground as they move. Yes, it's tiring, but it's less likely to get them killed.

HMG Section: DEPLOY, if they haven't already, and BRIEFLY TARGET the KT if they have line of sight. Shoot at any other enemies they can see if they get a line of sight on them. Otherwise, they're to rest up, I'd bet they're exhausted from the run.

The People, The Red Army, Stalin - They Saved You, Moscow!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Follow my orders from prior turn. Move HMGs down shaft and then across to klauswoods.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Tovarich Randomcheese: Permission to move the remaining SMG troops to Klauswoods so they can help cover/screen SWATs advance.

Also considering sending part of 3rd platoon to Boris and distributing the rest around Runner (and into some of the trenches) to avoid mortars. Feel free to tell me if either or both of these are bad ideas, though.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Orders for my boyos:
HMGs: are to continue moving down the shaft, then cross to the northwest quadrant of Klauswoods. I expect this will take a while as they're exhausted.
AT rifles: are to re-group in the northeast quadrant of Klauswoods at NORMAL speed.
SMGs:: Send one team (preferably one with only a couple dudes left, not the undamaged one) FAST to Klauswoods. They're scouts, I want to see if they draw fire. The rest of the SMG platoon should take cover and spread out in the northern part of Runner Woods, using the northern trenches where possible.
3rd Platoon: Nearest squad is to move FAST from Runner to the edge of Boris, then HUNT through Boris. Don't get too close to the riverbank, I don't want to catch fire from the entrenched positions on the other side or the Tiger. Platoon HQ and the other squad is to get into the southern trenches and/or spread out to reduce the risk of getting killed from mortars.

INPUTTER CONTINGENCY: If any of my boys start getting mortared or hit with MG fire you should duck them into cover or have them get out of the fire zone ASAP so long as doing so doesn't put them into even greater danger.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

2nd Squadron: 3rd Platoon, SMG Platoon, AT detachment, & HMG detachment

Time to get ourselves into position for the final push! URRA!

Legend
Green: HMG Detachment

Turn 11

SMG Platoon: The SMGs already down by Boris are to HUNT forward along RED until they kill that last surviving kraut, and then take up defensive positions facing SOUTH in the now vacant trench. The rest of the platoon still in Runner are to move FAST down to Boris, if they get there and the feisty Kraut is still alive, have them start moving on HUNT orders. Once they're there, same rules about spreading out and taking fire as the currently southern elements apply. Inputter's Contingency: Once Boris is secured try to spread them out and get them into cover so an unlucky HE shot or mortar can't kill them all at once. If they come under heavy fire you're to either move them as see fit to get them out of line of sight/imminent death or HIDE if you think that works better. Feel free to have them attack targets of opportunity across the river.

3rd Platoon: Move FAST on YELLOW, until you're in the woods and then switch to HUNT orders as they move to . Keep spread out, and face South/Southeast towards the foxholes and village across the river. Inputter's Contingency: Try to keep them from doing anything suicidal or highly deadly like continuing to run towards the Tiger when it sees them. If they start taking MG fire as they're in Boris, please set them to move SLOW towards the YELLOW line.

AT detachment: Move NORMAL to end of the first BLUE directional line, then SLOW towards the endpoint. Inputter's Contingency: If they take more than scattered rifle fire, have them take cover and wait for the baddies to forget about them.

HMG detachment: One of the guns can apparently see a German Mortar team. Make them dead, or at least keep fire on them until they've hosed off. Otherwise, see Inputter's Contingency: I'm going to be relying on Abongination for most of this, since I can't determine a good LOS spot for the guns. One already has a bead on troops falling back from the farthest forward trenchline, and are deploying. They're to shoot anything they can see, and feel free to toss in some area fire into the woods/foxholes to make those guys keep their heads down. For the other, I need you to find it a position where it can pour fire across the ford to both tthe foxholes in the woodline and the second trench line. Get it there, DEPLOY, and shoot. If there IS no good spot like that, or if there isn't one that doesn't leave the HMG mega exposed and at risk, do your best to keep it moving to someplace where it can complete those two objectives in comparative safety.

Glory to the Red Army!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 19, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

orders for my lads.

SMG & 3rd platoon: move half the forces on SLOW up to the river edge facing southwest, while the other elements cover them and TARGET BRIEFLY once a minute on the foxholes and trench on the other side. Once they're in place, the forces covering them can also move up so they can actually see their opposition.

AT: keep moving up as per last order, inputter's contingency as to movement speed.

HMG: pour fire on the northern foxholes and trenchlines. If needed, move them into better position.

INPUTTER'S NOTE: Stop my dudes from doing anything suicidal. If you have a great opportunity to exploit, go for it but it better lead to significant results at a fairly low risk to my remaining men.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

2nd Squadron: 3rd Platoon, SMG Platoon, HMG detachment, & AT detachment

We advance like the encroaching winter on the fascists!

Legend
Green: HMG Section

SMG Platoon: Get in the trenches and foxholes denoted in RED. Fire at the Germans. INPUTTER'S NOTE: If they can't see the opposition, have them target where the foxholes and trenches are anyways.

3rd Platoon: Get in the trenches in YELLOW. Fire at the Germans. Recover the platoon MG and put it to use shooting at Germans. INPUTTER'S NOTE: If they can't see the opposition, have them target where the foxholes and trenches are anyways, I want to make the Germans keep their heads down.

AT Section QUICK up to the BLUE line, then take cover and put fire into the German positions across the river. I want as much fire done just to make sure as many Germans have their head down as possible while SWAT is in the open.

HMG section: The HMG in the Shaft needs to kill that loving mortar already. If it fucks off/dies, put fire into the back trench line where you can see troops. The other HMG is to set up where it can target the Green line and pour fire into it.

INPUTTER'S NOTE: if we can target the HMG that can see SWAT, hit it with whatever we've got.

HAVE YOU HELPED THE FRONT?

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 27, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Provisional Orders for SWAT & RECON

SWAT and Recon are to move NORMAL until they're at the edge of the woods, then FAST across the ford. If Units are TIRED, they should HIDE when they get to the edge of the woods for 1 minute before dashing. Tiring or better, just send them running.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Limited posting opportunities today, so no fun maps.

3rd Platoon/SMG Platoon/AT Section/HMG Section

Get as much fire on the northern line as possible. Shoot at heavier guns if you can see them, and if you can't see anything target the area briefly. Inputter should move troops out of cover into cover as necessary, and move troops for better vantage points as necessary. We're only here to keep them occupied, so we need to keep putting out fire regardless of the casualties. Also, a loving Order of Lenin to anyone who domes that goddamned Tiger commander.

Provisional SWAT orders:

Guys across the ford are to scout into and through the woods, staying low and trying not to draw attention. Everyone else, move across the ford at FAST speed until they're behind the woods, and then start making their way south at NORMAL speed to loop around the woods and make a run for the church.

@ me on Discord if any of this is against intentions, and I should have a chance to update.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I feel like we might have snookered them.

Also, our anti-tank rifles might be nothing vs the tiger, but they're pretty good at shooting buildings, right? We should make sure we use those against MGs pointing out windows.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 31, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

2nd Squadron 3rd Platoon & SMGs; Recon & SWAT

Legend
Yellow: Second Squadron
Red: Recon & SWAT

2nd Squadron units
Pour as much fire on those German lines as possible, as indicated by the YELLOW circles and gently caress it if you die to a man. You need to keep them pinned down while the rest of our forces get into position. Stand and die for the Motherland, you brave boys! Inputter is to move anyone who isn't engaging forward to the point where they engage, use FAST movement as everyone should be well rested.

SWAT & Recon units
Keep moving that lone dude moving forward slowly, I want to get eyes on what the Germans are moving around and it's no good if he gets himself killed. Everyone else is to assemble near the southern edge of the woods, have one dude go a bit into LOS of those buildings in the RED circle- i want to see if they get shot at. Be careful to not expose them too far, i just want to see if the buildings are occupied or if I'm going to have a chance to sprint into the church while the Germans have been dragged out of position. INPUTTER'S NOTE: If you think my boys can get to those buildings near the church, you have authority to send them. I would kill to get some troops that close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

2nd squad SMG & 3rd platoon & whatnot

- Keep engaging Jerry with whatever you've got left. Punish them if they try to withdraw from defensive positions.

SWAT & Recon

Recover satchels, and push to get into the buildings west of the final objective in the manner the inputter deems most effective.