Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
I'll take 1st squad from 1st Platoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Squadron, 1st Platoon

Deployment:

Green is rifle squads, yellow is AT squad and red is MG Squad. Deploy in our deployment zone as shown or as close as possible to the way shown.

Movement:

All squads are to move forward across the open ground to the wooded area opposite our deployment zone, if the squads are able to reach the wooded area before the turn is over they are to position themselves with the MG and AT squad in the back with the two rifle squads in front and both squads are to split off a scout team each who are to use Slow to move up to the edge of the wood and recon what is ahead.

The other platoon under my command is to move up to behind the wood but not inside as a sort of tactical reserve force. Sorry for no arrows for this platoon but its late and I need sleep.

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 12, 2019

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Squadron, 1st Platoon

Movement:

All squads are to move forward across the open ground using Quick to the wooded area opposite our deployment zone, if the squads are able to reach the wooded area before the turn is over they are to position themselves with the MG and AT squad in the back with the two rifle squads in front and both squads are to split off a scout team each who are to use Slow to move up to the edge of the wood and recon what is ahead.

The other platoon under my command is to move up to behind the wood but not inside as a sort of tactical reserve force. Sorry for no arrows for this platoon but its late and I need sleep.

Maintain these orders for now until/or if I update them.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Squadron 1st Platoon.

All rifle squads, MG squads and two out of three AT squads are to move to along the red line, spreading out as much as possible to avoid stacking and open fire on any hostile contacts that they spot. If they have LOS concentrate on the enemy contact see last turn somewhere in the yellow circle.

1st Squadron 2nd Platoon.

All rifle squads and the last AT squad are to use FAST to run across the open ground along the path of the dark red arrow and occupy the houses at the end of the arrow.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Squadron 1st and 2nd Platoon

All right then those German bastards have made a fatal flaw this last round, they killed some of our men which means more vodka rations for the survivors which means a much higher morale* for the survivors. As such using this greater morale we will try some ancient knowledge known as superior tactics** to win this fight.

1st Squadron, 1st Platoon Orders

All rifle squads, anti-tank rifle teams and machine gun teams that can directly see the spotted mortars are to open fire on them immediately, anyone who can't see the mortars but can see the area they are hiding in is to use Area Fire to lay down as much lead on their location as possible. Said location being the yellow box on the map or as close to the mortars position as you can manage inputter. This is to continue for the whole of this turn.

1st Squadron, 2nd Platoon

Ok, here things get a little more complicated. The two rifle squads next to or in the field, ie the ones that do not have the LMG are to use Quick to run to the houses shown by the purple arrows and enter them before resting or whatever they need to do to recover from their run. The same goes for the anti-tank rifle team use Quick follow the purple arrow and get in the houses to recover.

The rifle squad who has unfortunately had their LMG gunner killed, shown by the dark red star, are to recover the machine gun through whatever means necessary, if they can recover it quickly enough and there is time to enter new orders they are to fire on any enemy contacts in Boris or Area Fire in their general direction as shown by the red box on the map.

The rifle squad in the open with the working LMG gunner and the HQ team are to open fire on any targets they can see in Boris or Area Fire in the general area of the red box as shown on the map.

* Anyone whose higher morale does not last for the entire battle should see their local commissar for advice and assistance.
** Note superior tactics may not actually be superior or even good.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Squadron

1st Platoon

All teams are to assemble in the black circle area and await the arrival of the tanks, if the tanks arrive then 1st Platoon are to begin using QUICK to follow the red arrow going BEHIND the tanks and going through the fields to occupy cabbage houses. Space out to avoid enemy fire as best as possible.

2nd Platoon

All teams are to use QUICK to follow the black arrows and occupy the buildings.

ATR teams in forest

Follow same orders as 1st Platoon.

MG Teams

If possible suppress contacts in Boris, if unable to do so fire on the HMG team at Sveltana or the location of the mortars.

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 25, 2019

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Squadron

1st Platoon

All squads are to move around behind the tanks and use QUICk to move down the field fences south following the red arrow until they meet the corner of the field, one squad is to remain in the corner at the blue circle and engage any contacts they spot in front of them to the south. The remaining squads are to then move towards and into the cabbage houses following the other red arrows.

When moving the squads have them space out from each other in a sort of staggered formation so that no more than one squad could be hit at once by enemy fire if that is possible, if not please do what you can inputter to spread them out but don't push yourself.

Anti-tank rifle teams

All teams are to follow the same above orders as 1st Platoon

2nd Platoon

Lone team in the field is to use QUICK to rn into the house indicated by the black arrow. All teams are to fire on the black star area using area fire. If any team doesn't have LOS to do so they have them either area target the yellow star which should be the location of the HMG team or they should just target any targets of opportunity.

Machine gun teams

Either fire directly on the trench HMG if they have LOS or area fire on the location of the HMG in the trench at the town.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Squadron orders

1st Squadron, 3rd Platoon + SMG Platoon + MG Section + ATR Section minus one team

OTF your men took a beating but they aren't all gone yet. If you feel you can extract your men I want them to go down fighting however, any men you have who aren't already in Tanya or pinned down by the Tiger at to fall back to Vlad for safety if possible to regroup. The two men in Tanya once they recover are to move down and engage the mortars for as long as they can.

1st Squadron 1st Platoon and accompanying ATR teams

Forces currently in the open ground beside cabbage fields are to either fire directly on any german contacts spotted in the swamp area or Area Fire on the areas where german contacts are known. 1st Platoon forces and ATR teams further back are to follow the dark red arrows using QUICK to get into the woods to the east of cabbage fields and then directly fire on or area fire on german contacts in the swamp.

1st Squadron, 2nd Platoon

Any troops that can potentially area fire on the crossing in the red circle are to Area Fire on that location otherwise they are to Area Fire on the trenches at Sveltana as shown by the yellow circle.

1st Squadron Machine gun teams

Area fire on the trenches at Sveltana as shown by the yellow circle.

Ace if possible could you bring the T-70 somewhere forward along the black arrow avoiding Tiger LOS and provide fire support on german contacts in the swamps please. If you need to check with Hob for confirmation.

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 30, 2019

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
I would also like to throw my hat in the ring for overall commander if my fellow soldiers are okay with it.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army orders:

All forces in the north continue to sweep and clear all german presence before you. Squadron commanders please make your plans to inflict maximum german casualties whilst doing what you can minimise your own. I'd like Dick Wood and Runner Wood cleared of all enemy contacts however, do not put your own units in unnecessary risk.

Southern forces begin a systematic extermination of all known german contacts in Swamp, Natasha and Sveltana. Priority on Tasha and Swamp please. Sveltana are dug in and will likely require use of our armour to tear their positions apart. However, T-34 commanders maintain your posted plans for firing on the MG teams in Sveltana to keep them suppressed and possibly kill them.

The Tiger tank is a problem we will have to deal with but for this turn concentrate on keeping your troops alive and inflicting maximum potential casualties to the germans.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Lenisto posted:

2nd Squadron
I clearly purposefully forgot about the surviving troops in that platoon to give them time to mourn their comrades. But the time has come for all the infantry and the AT rifle troops to meet up with the SMG and SWAT teams and help clear Runner Wood and Boris. They should proceed cautiously towards the ford and cross over.

To the south lies only death.

Hopefully this will be the last turn those MGs need to remain where they are but they should continue throwing lead into those woods.

Len if we had that Tiger neutralised and had the woods across the river under our control I would be okay with you going across the river however, unfortunately we haven't achieved that yet. This is going to be a boring turn for you but I need you to hold position in Mikhail for now. You are our reserve force and we will either need you to take up 1st squadrons assault if they are rendered combat ineffective the next few turns or if we can clear the other side of the river and force the tiger to die or withdraw then we may have you cross the ford and make an assault on the village then.

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 1, 2019

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army Orders

Following general consensus the plan for the next three turns is as follows:

1) Forces in the north are to continue to clear Dick Wood and Runner Wood and if both are secured then they are to position forces ready for a push south.

2) Forces in the south are to continue to engage and defeat german forces in Swamp and Natasha and prepare themselves for a southern assault.

3) Forces in the center are to be moved eastward except for those units that squadron leaders believe are already in good support positions in preparation for the assault south.

4) Mortar barrage is to be Cancelled.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army Orders

Northern forces continue to clear and kill german forces in your vicinity while making your way down southwards. If you can begin to position your units roughly at or behind the drawn red lines in preparation for a northern assault into the village.

Southern forces continue to rest up and engage any enemy forces your units can spot from their current positions. However, I would like one of the AT rifle teams currently sitting next to the middle ford to make their way across to Boris and scout it out, represented by the red star. I would like to know if they enemy have fully evacuated it and would rather use an AT team then lose any rifle or SMG infantry doing so.

T-70 please fall back behind Mikhail somewhere near the tip of the red arrow, depending on how the Tiger acts I will either have you push south again and support that attack or cross the Ford and try and assault from the north.

I also would like a mortar barrage called on the northern german foxholes/trenches which should be highlighted by the black circle. Use most of the mortar rounds we have left to flatten those german units there but inputter pelase leave enough for us to call in a smoke mission.

These orders may be changed and updated so check back from time to time.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army Orders

SWAT: If you can hug the map edge and have your men make their way down to the south, no need to go quickly take your time if it helps to avoid becoming exhausted. Want to get you close so that when the mortars come in you can attempt a flanking move to hopefully secure the church.

Runner Woods: If you can spread your men out a little if you think ti will help avoid any possible mortar fire that may come your way otherwise sit till recover your men's stamina and prepare for the big push.

1st Squadron: Jaguars I like your orders and keep them as they are, if you can get some of those riflemen to flank east and around to the south without drawing fire from the Tiger I would like you to do so otherwise continue as planned.

T-70: I'd like you pull around to the back of Mikhail near to the ford but not out past it so that you can either A) Move out and shoot the Tiger if it attempts to turn around and retreat to the town or B) potentially cross the ford if a chance becomes available.

Everyone else: Sit tight, stay alive, rest and recover and wait for the mortar bombardment before we attempt any sort of assault.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Emergency orders for SWAT: I would like one team to advance quicker than the rest to see if the fleeing enemy are still running or potentially setting up an ambush.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army Orders

SWAT: Continue to move your men down the western map edge and gather at the tip of the woods in preparation for moving across the ford and flanking around to the back of the village.

Runner Woods: Have your men advance into Boris and occupy the trenches there, don't follow my arrow exactly try and keep out of sight of the german troops in the forward northern trench lines at the village.

1st Squadron: The troops in the west have them move down and around swamp and when you feel ready move to occupy Natasha Woods in preparation for assaulting the town.

Cabbage Houses: Any troops that can open fire on the Tiger and make yourselves visible to it, try and get it's attention.

T-70 As discussed try and cross the ford and find a position to be ready to assist the northern forces.

Everyone else: Hold position and be ready to move.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army Orders

All right comrades, artillery hosed up the bombardment like the idiots they are and will be executed later. Now we have one last chance to pull a win here and it is a hail mary approach at best.

SWAT: Advance as fast as possible across the nearby ford, flank around the woods and storm the church objective.

1st Squadron: Troops in the south area flank through the southern woods as fast as possible and storm the church objective.

Everyone else except T-70 and AT rifles: Suppress the german trenches to the north and the HMG positions in the town buildings to help our assaulting forces.

AT Rifles and T-70: Do everything that you can to mobility kill the Tiger tank to help our assaulting forces.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army Orders

Sorry for the delay everyone.

SWAT: If you can try and position your guys to hose down the area where the HMG is which I believe is about where the red cross on the map is. However, have the first two teams sprint across the area where the HMG can see them and then make their way down past the woods towards the church. Of course only have them do so once the HMG location is being suppressed.

Northern forces: Continue to exchange fire with the german defenders in the forward trenches. Units in Boris try and get everyone into the trenches for maximum cover.

HMG forces in Mikhail: Continue to fire on suspected german HMG positions near Sveltana/edge of village. Anyone who can't see that fire fire on the Tiger to make it button up and/or kill that commander.

Vlad forces: If the Tiger pulls back then advance all forces across the ford to Boris and support the troops there in defeating the northern german defenders. Ignore the yellow arrow I added it by mistake

1st Squadron: Your orders are all good, carry on.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army orders

All right comrades this is the final stage. Thanks to Abongination for the great map and idea, it was what I was hoping to aim for.

SWAT: Continue to push men across the ford as quickly as possible, the more men we get across the more we may be able to get into the objective.

Northern forces: Get the MG teams into the defenses and have everything fire on the german northern defenders kill as many as possible and generally keep them in place.

Vlad and Mikhail forces: Ura! Time to sound the attack, have all forces advance on Tanya and push into the houses in the edge of the town. The remaining machine guns alive try and have them suppress known or expected german HMG or defensive positions until our forces start their direct assault.

Cabbage houses: All survivors are to advance towards the edge of Tanya and the german defenses and assault them.

1st Squadron: Jaguars rather than going through Natasha I would prefer that you used it to block the german defenders line of sight and flank around to take the objective from the south. Killing germans is secondary to securing the church objective.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army Orders

Northern Forces Continue to exchange fire with the northern defenders, suppress and kill as many as you can.

SWAT Loop around the woods and make a push for the objective if you encounter enemy resistance then attempt to overwhelm if you can, if not hunker down and try and kill the enemy in your way.

Tanya Continue your gun duel with the german forces in the houses, if an opportunity to storm the houses comes available then please do so if inputter deems it feasible.

Southern Forces Jaguar your orders look good, if you find an opportunity to keep moving on the objective without being pinned down then please do so.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army Orders

No map this time guys.

Northern Forces: Continue to suppress and kill northern german forces if any pull back we may get lucky and kill a few of them.

SWAT: Do everything you can to position your men to infiltrate and occupy the objective,

1st Squadron: If you want to try and occupy the southern houses then continue your orders as written but if you think you could use the woods to bypass the defenders and get onto the objective try doing that.

Tanya Forces: Continue to suppress the house defenders and get the best units that can assault to assault the defenders and occupy the houses.

Tank crews and eastern machine guns: Suppress visible enemy defenders and assist moving/assaulting troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Army Orders

Northern Forces: Suppress and kill northern german forces, priority on any germans heading southwards.

Tanya Forces: Continue to suppress and assault the houses in front of you guys again priority on any germans heading towards the objective.

1st Squadron: As you have said you can't reach the objective suppress and try to occupy the southern house occupying germans, priority on keeping them pinned rather than assaulting.

SWAT: Contesting the objective is all up to you guys, make a beeline for the objective just get as many men into the objective as you can and bunker down.