Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
I'd like to have the T-70 Platoon.

Now to google what a T-70 is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
I am in command of the T-70 tankettes. Depending on tactical situation I may cross the river to support friendly forces on that side. Hob has threatened me that if I get one of my tanks bogged I will have to dig it out with a spoon. Therefore:

If one of the T-70 tankettes bogs while crossing the river and is immobilised I will post a video of myself digging over an area of the garden with a spoon, in penance.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

T-70 Platoon
Be patient, we're trying our best.

Due to heavy drinking on the road march enemy action I am unable to present a detailed map today. My apologies to Comrade Inputter Abongination. Deploy my tanks per the yellow line, with one at the far right end and one in the centre. Remain turned in and do not move. If friendly units spot enemy targets area target them at your discretion.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Comrades! The enemy have been spotted in the first minute! A commendment to our comrades in the reconnaissance forces for their prompt identification of Fascist positions.

Take the enemy positions under fire with the 45mm cannons, one trench per tank. Move the area target to a different part of the positions every turn and target in the following order:

- Known or suspected Anti Tank Weapons (use both tanks against spotted AT weapons)
- Known vehicles
- Known heavy weapons, including squad level machine guns
- Known groups of enemy infantry
- Suspected heavy weapons
- Suspected enemy positions

Don't let up firing! Smash them!

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Right then, time to see how much damage I can do with a Nagant revolver. House to House in Combat Mission is all about luck and having an automatic or semi-automatic weapon so I'll be able to help personally in the denouement.

Also I think I've killed more than four Nazis already so my K:D can't go below 1 now.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

E: If the T-34 is running I'm not sticking about

Comrades! The hated fascists cower at the back of the field in their overengineered hellbox, unable to support their infantry. Such a thing would be unimaginable in the Workers and Peasant's Red Army! We must make them pay for their pusillanimity.

First we must rescue Comrade-Lieutenant Jaguars' tank by firing one of our HE rounds into the ground between it and the Tiger. Perhaps a pair of Target Briefly orders would be best. Simultaneously, reverse the remaining T-70 through the woods until the Tiger cannot see it and then move around to support Comrade-Lieutenant Jaguars' HQ tank, positioning to deliver fire onto the retreating infantry. If the Tiger pushes forward endeavour to avoid its line of sight, even at the cost of being unable to slaughter their infantry.

I myself, having bailed out of the tank successfully, will consume the Squadron vodka ration until I have recovered sufficiently from the experience to move and then push into the Sea of Trees south of my position to prepare to assault the enemy.

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 18, 2019

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Comrades! The Vlasovite bastard dtkozl has "accidentally" posted in the main thread and been shot by the NKVD for his treachery against the Motherland. Let this be a lesson to us all! Now, my previous command is visible as that pillar of smoke to your South, so I am your new commander. Fear not, for I only suck at commanding armour and none of you have any armour at all!

aide whispering

I have just been informed that Soviet Sappers in 1944 had standard issue body armour. Update your wills.

Now, to business.

Set the Sappers onto short target arcs and have them blow through the wire. Our comrades in the Armoured Forces will cover this movement. Rush all other forces towards the river to ensure maximum application of force, Second Squadron form our second echelon so no lagging behind is necessary.

The Sappers are to use their more prolific long range weapons to fire on any formed enemy resistance in the Balls, or else to area fire randomly into the tank-shredded hellscape if nobody is shooting back. Recon platoon is to make their way through the gaps in the wire into the field, avoiding areas left unwired.

Whereupon they are to hose the Head with SMG fire in the finest traditions of the RKKA.

If at any point we run into mines then just bypass the mined tile or tiles with movement orders. They won't have enough mines to cover the whole ford and I'm more willing to take the three or four casualties created by active mine clearance than the ten minutes Combat Mission demands for passive mine clearance.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Hob_Gadling posted:

Frang and Ace: How long until you've cleared balls, swept through Klaus and are in position to go across Ford Not Appearing In This Game? Ace is there to lend a hand with balls, but he must take it into account when working out timetable with Hypno.

The fundamental difference between Fast and Slow is how much attention I pay to the balls. Given the timetable I can't afford to take it slow, with the approximate plan being thus:

T+3 - Recon assaults head to ensure it's clear, sappers move to shaft.

T+6 - Recon moves to shaft to clear room for second echelon assaulting Runner

T+9 - Recon assaults North end of Klauswoods

T+12 - Sappers catch up, Recon recovers casualties and covers movement if needed

T+15 - Assault South end of Klauswoods

T+18 - Reorganise

T+21 - Move along river bank to ford

T+24 - Assault into Faron Woods, take village under fire

Ace, I am less worried by the Balls than Runner right now. If you are going to stick around for a turn and lob shots at things please use at least one tank to hit Runner.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Comrades! The delay has borne fruit, for we now have a plan! Our task is hard, but the New Soviet Man is harder. We must walk the furthest, go the fastest and kill the most Germans of any unit in the force, of any unit in the Red Army! Now follow me for Stalin, the Motherland and Marx! URA! URA! URRRAAAAAAAAAA!

ahem

First, the whole unit will realign onto the ridge to hit the fascists in the balls. Comrade Habeas' platoons will take care of the stragglers in the head so our flank will be secure as we manoeuvre. Squads are to split into teams for this manoeuvre so that we are more spread out for... intimidation purposes. Not to evade fire because none of us are going to get shot. The sapper team at the unbroken wire are to make one further attempt to blow it for Habeas' sake and if that doesn't work just bypass it. Take careful note of the serial numbers of any failed charges so that the worker responsible for their manufacture can be shot as a wrecker.

Sapper Platoon are to put maximum fire on the fascists in the forest, prioritising machine guns and leaders but generally attempting to pin and kill any accessible enemies. Recon platoon are to continue moving up, using the forest for cover, into positions where they can engage the enemy. Attempt to keep out of line of sight of the Tiger.

1st Recon are to Hunt through the forest (movement lines a mere suggestion) mopping up suppressed enemies in the area. 2nd Recon are to halt to cover their movement for thirty seconds and then move to the forest edge to catch runners. Recon HQ and 1st Sappers are also to move to the edge of the forest, ideally out of line of sight of the Tiger, and may begin suppression of any suspected forces in Klauswoods. 2nd Sappers and Sapper HQ are to keep suppression on any pinned enemies or suspected positions of same, or else follow 1st Sappers if all the enemies are gone.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Comrades! My disappointment in you is immeasurable. What was that? You failed to kill more than a handful of fascists, you stopped to shoot and then did not shoot and, what's more, some of you died. Those who are dead are on a disciplinary charge for being killed in the face of the enemy. The rest of you, do not fail me again this turn.

Initially what I want you to do is this. Recon is to boldly advance out of the Tiger's line of sight. We are not a bunch of craven Amerikanets or Angliyskiy who panic at the hint of a heavy tank, so we will bravely expose ourselves to it to distract it and allow our comrades in the Armour to destroy it. Additionally if this doesn't work we'll be behind Klauswoods and might avoid being shot at. Sappers are to take the enemy positions in the woods under fire with additional fervour, concentrating if possible on suppressing enemy teams moving into the shaft to make Recon's job easier.

Once Recon is safe or the Tiger is neutralised our teams swap. Recon provides very close range fire into the Germans in the woods. Sappers swing the door shut, moving forward to clear the German positions in a North-South fashion with the alacrity. I would plan this movement in more detail but right now I'm unsure of where the German positions actually are and in what strength they are held. Recon will gather this information in the turn and then you can engage appropriately if you feel able or else continue to deliver fire into German positions, moving forward if none are visible, and I'll sort it out next turn. Recon 2nd Squad should attempt to interdict German runners from the balls, if all the Germans start running then all teams are to pursue at best possible speed and stop at the edge of the woods to shoot at them.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Posting quick and without fun maps or Soviet characterisation this time, sorry. Continue to clear forward through the Balls using short dashes covered by nearby units. Don't leave anyone unsupported and try to kill that ATG as quickly as possible.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

habeasdorkus posted:

AT Section: I really don't think they have anyone in Klauswoods, and I have prepared two options. OPTION ONE is to have the AT platoon HUNT through the forest along route BLUE and set up across the river. If the Tiger doesn't move, then there's a real chance of getting a rear or side shot into it. OPTION TWO is to have them move QUICK along route GREEN and set up so they can fire on any broken Germans trying to flee from the balls and force them to run back into SWAT's loving arms. I leave it to Frangible and Random as to which version they'd like my men to execute.

Random still gets a say but I want to keep threatening the Tiger. There aren't enough guys in the ATR section to make covering against retreating Germans effective and from the way they're acting I think they're more likely to retreat into the map edge than down the treeline. Kill the Tiger. Be a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

FrangibleCover posted:

Posting quick and without fun maps or Soviet characterisation this time, sorry. Continue to clear forward through the Balls using short dashes covered by nearby units. Don't leave anyone unsupported and try to kill that ATG as quickly as possible.
Er, once more with feeling. Just keep hammering them until they shatter. Be *very* sure to leave teams covering each other, only two of Recon's four teams should be moving at the same time.