Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Thursday, April 25 at 7PM EDT
Thursday, April 25 at 11PM GMT
Friday, April 26 at 7AM AWST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Kampfgruppe Orders

1st Platoon: Get eyes on the Soviet crossing of the North ford. Get into positions to ambush Soviet troops entering the woods. Avoid bunching up and exposing yourself to tank fire - the Tiger should draw enough fire in the next three minutes for you to get into good positions and open up on the Russians unmolested. Glynn has posted some helpful LOS shots for you.

2nd Platoon: Escape isn't an option at this point. Get men into the trenches and stay spread out. Prepare to repel a direct Soviet assault in your position in the next 10 minutes.

3rd Platoon: Continue mission.

Heavy Weapons and Stragglers: Barring any objections, I'm pitching the heavy weapons over to you, Saros. Use them to pin down and harass the Soviet force in the center and pin down the emerging Soviet southern thrust.

Tiger I: Cautiously advance to spot and engage the T-34s. We need you to draw their attention and kill them so our infantry can begin moving.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

I'm going to mostly bail from the central knoll unless their are any objections, the arty spotting rounds coming down mean that it's about to be very unhealthy.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Stragglers North

Basically the intention is to retreat from the knoll as it's about to be pounded by artillery.

All rifle teams and everything except the HQ and a singe MG and SMG heavy section GTFO at fast to the reverse slope of the woods and then switch to quick. The HQ will get into the foxholes and face NE until the barrage spotting is completed then also get out as fast as possible. The MG & SMG's remaining behind will area fire on the close enemy to the NE to provide cover then after 1-2 minutes also retreat.

The straggler rifle teams will move at quick to set up in the woods a couple of squares back from the edge and receive target area orders on enemy spotted to the NE. The MG's will move into the highlighted buildings or any others with good views and windows to the NE, deploy to top floors if possible and receive target orders to enemy contacts to the NE. HQ units or whoever is occupying the buildings can be booted to the ground floor as the MG's take priority for fire positions. Try path this move so they are not exposed.

Stragglers South
Same as before, have the SMG sections of the squads on reverse slope where possible and riflemen on the forward slope with target area orders on advancing enemy contacts. If the enemy continues to advance, comes inside 150m or bring the SMG teams up to firing positions.

MG's south
Get set up and give them all target orders on enemy contacts/area fire. If they can't see the advancing soviets try reposition intelligently.

AT guns
Both are released to target anything. I can't give meaningful orders to these guys as their positioning is just so bad so try find them close positions they can move to where they can actually contribute or will be in position to hit the northern tanks or troops crossing the central ford.

Mortars:

Direct firing mortars fire upon the front edge of these woods. They seem to be full of dudes doing fire support. The rest just continue the fire mission.

Saros fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 25, 2019

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Move the Tiger up along the tree line to try and get LOS on the tanks to the North shelling our infantry. Once engaged or the tiger reaches it's end point have it face North East to prevent exposing it's side.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

1st Platoon

1st Platoon moves Quickly east hugging the southern edge of the forest. 2nd and 3rd squads front, 1st behind them with HQ and AT in the rear.

Goal is to get eyes on the ford and anyone crossing or already crossed. 2nd squad target is the contact in front of 2nd platoon teams, 3rd squad target is the area immediately south of the ford. 1st squad hangs back until we know what's going on.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Popete posted:

Move the Tiger up along the tree line to try and get LOS on the tanks to the North shelling our infantry. Once engaged or the tiger reaches it's end point have it face North East to prevent exposing it's side.

Can sov at infantry pen a tiger at that range? Cause I'm falling back from the knoll.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

2nd Platoon

1+2 Squad, HQ, anyone in those woods to the east
Okay, time to try to die with dignity. Cover the retreat from the knoll in the riverbend with all the firepower we can put out.

Move (quick) everyone who isn't in the trenches into the trenches. Those guys right across the trenches seem like they're spotting? So let's focus some dudes from squad 1 on murdering them first (A). Everyone else pour fire on position (B), near the treeline. Not sure how best to express this, but I'd like to area fire to bottle that infantry into the woods as much as possible. Go big or go home. Fire rifle grenades, panzerfausts, anything we've got into the corner of the woods there.

3 Squad
Best bet here is to draw fire so other units can move. Concentrate fire on units we can see at Ford 1 (C).

Please use your judgement about specific squares, etc.

Shamelessly clipped from Saros's map pic:

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

tl;dr Center withdrawl went pretty well! The tank gambit didn't do much and is up to the risky business in that spot. 1st Platoon is tired and jumbled. 2nd Platoon are... uh, mostly were somewhat effective in their last stand, slowing the enemy at least... 3rd Platoon is mostly in their position north of town. South front is going okay. The mortar mission is landing but it's not clear how many enemy are in those woods at this point. The enemy has the north ford, and they've re-positioned their tanks to support their future attacks to the east and south. Need Malick23 to give AT guns orders, for what they can do in their spots.

Turn 11
https://youtu.be/oTg-Hu5uD-Q
https://youtu.be/QwWiIrMigSE
https://youtu.be/_O_lsY9NeC8
https://youtu.be/-gtG-Iu8pRo
https://youtu.be/s0-2F2tlezk

Turn 12
https://youtu.be/XzUJvJ_qbRI
https://youtu.be/E_x5clrvRbY
https://youtu.be/77v7CwiUhO8

Turn 13
https://youtu.be/PUAzIeAN6fc
https://youtu.be/ExpNZDzIudw
https://youtu.be/I2kzK0rJqV8
https://youtu.be/EeUn9FAAbKc

Enemy Overview

Unit Overview

1 Platoon

2 Platoon

Stragglers

I forgot to get mortar ammo checks. I'll get those tomorrow.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Glyn is there a reason none of my units have area fire orders despite me ordering them for turns and turns or am I just missing them? They don't appear to be shooting much either in the videos.

Also the tank is getting hit by what I think is... Soviet man portable AT rifles? Not a huge danger but an unlucky hit would be bad. The T34 are also appearing in the south and my stragglers will need some help asap as there is already a light tank shooting them up so i'm asking that the Tiger be withdrawn to support my line.

Saros fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Apr 26, 2019

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Saros posted:

Glyn is there a reason none of my units have area fire orders despite me ordering them for turns and turns or am I just missing them? They don't appear to be shooting much either in the videos.

Also the tank is getting hit by what I think is... Soviet man portable AT rifles? Not a huge danger but an unlucky hit would be bad. The T34 are also appearing in the south and my stragglers will need some help asap as there is already a light tank shooting them up so i'm asking that the Tiger be withdrawn to support my line.

Stragglers did area fire as much as they usefully can; the hill SMG and HMG were especially effective, but the southern rifle units have spotty LOS near where some of the enemy units were so I didn't give area fire orders if they couldn't hit within a few squares of the enemy. The MGs in the south were getting suppressed and not effectively executing the area fire sometimes.

I agree about the tank taking anti-materiel rifle fire. The tank is probably mostly impervious but losing the commander, who seems unfazed and is still OPENED UP, would be really bad.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Thanks, i'll also note that it would be useful to have a runthrough of spotted enemy casualties - like I think the tank erased a whole squad at one point but it's hard to tell what else has happened because all the shots are of our units with them firing offscreen. Finally at the end of the turn a video clicking the spotted enemy units so the game highlights who can see them helps a lot with letting players see what's what.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Kampfgruppe Orders

1st Platoon (Lazy Q): Spread out. Get out of the line of fire of the Russian tanks. Rest and regroup. I want you to get into positions to fire on the flanks of any Soviet troops trying to head south out of the Northern Forest. Also, be prepared to engagr Russian troops headed west through the forest. I also want you to protect the Northern AT gun. The Tiger will be en route to support you.

2nd Platoon (not my real name): Get men into the trenches and stay spread out. Avoid gettinf into the LOS of Soviet armor. Prepare to repel a direct Soviet assault in your position in the next 5 minutes.

3rd Platoon (?): Continue mission of getting under cover to protect the Southern Ford. not my real name, they're yours if you want them

Heavy Weapons and Stragglers (Saros): Get your mortars, MGs, and other key units into the best-protected positions you can manage. Your northern stragglers are to work with 3rd Platoon to secure the Southern ford and prevent a Soviet Crossing. Your Southern stragglers and heavy weapons are to delay and bloody the Soviet hook towards you as long as possible. Once the Tiger has eliminated the N. Forest company, it will come to your aid.

Tiger I (Popete): Get your tank into position to engage the Russian troops now massing in the Northern Forest. Be careful not to expose your flank or rear to Soviet tank fire as you move. You may need to button up an execute a long reversing manuever to accomplish this. Your new mission is to kill as many Russians as you can in the Nothern Forest and prevent them from breaking out. After that is done, be prepared to head south to support Saros.

AT Guns (Malick23): Make sure your AT guns have good LOS. Move AT gun number 3 to help defend the village from the incoming tanks. Recommend you find a good keyhole position with some concealment.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due:
Sunday, April 28 at 7PM EDT
Sunday, April 28 at 11PM GMT
Monday, April 29 at 7AM AWST

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Pretty sure malick is not here it's been a long time since they posted. [E] Nvm they're in discord.

Also I feel I should note that 1 platoon is about to be engaged thru the forest by Soviet SMG infantry that annihilated the guys at the other end so they need to be putting area fire down right now at those contacts not repositioning again.

Saros fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 27, 2019

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Tiger

Reverse back behind tree cover. Target the red area.

Popete fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 28, 2019

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Popete that fast move isn't really needed, you can shoot the infantry from by the bridge and if you move forward you expose your side to the enemy t34.

Malick23
Sep 10, 2001
I bought all my friends forum accounts and all I got was this lousy custom title
I'm here. Just much to say when the best advice I've got about the AT guns is to go back in time to reposition them or magically make them bigger. I'll have something up tomorrow.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Malick23 posted:

I'm here. Just much to say when the best advice I've got about the AT guns is to go back in time to reposition them or magically make them bigger. I'll have something up tomorrow.

Dumb jokes aside, the southernmost AT gun should be moved into a keyhole position near the village to provide some AT defense for that area. Let me know if you need site recommendations. I think it's also worth removing the target armor arcs and just firing at anything you see at this point.

If you'd like something faster paced, you can take over 3rd Platoon or the heavy weapons instead. Just let me know.

Popete posted:

Tiger

Button up and reverse along the green line. Then move fast up to the small patch of trees.

Saros posted:

Popete that fast move isn't really needed, you can shoot the infantry from by the bridge and if you move forward you expose your side to the enemy t34.

The blue/FAST leg isn't needed. Glynn can help you find a spot close to the southern ford that will still allow you to shell the northern woods.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 28, 2019

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Malick23 posted:

The northern gun probably can't move anywhere because of the nearby enemies, but they can shoot into some interesting spots. There's a narrow LOS to some trees across the river and may also be able to shoot at nearby enemies. Best case the enemy get very aggressive with their tanks and push them up to press on the tiger, but that seems unlikely.

All options are open for the southern gun, though large moves will be tiring and slow.

Both guns currently have all-map target armor arcs.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If I move forward to the bridge won't that open up my side to the T-34 directly east of where I am?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

No, you're on the nw edge of the forest at present. Your line in your orders starts quite far east of the Tigers actual position. I'd say reverse SW first to get behind the trees before reversing towards the bridge but you really really need contingency orders in case the t34 charge you or move unexpectedly.

At these ranges most hits will be kills even to the Tiger frontally so Glyn needs freedom to stop and react if the t34 draw into sight not orders which compel him to order it forward ignoring any threats.

[e] you seem to think the bridge is referring to the ford between you and the Soviet tanks? The only bridge is behind you near where my infantry were retreating across the stream.

Also never ever ever ever ever button up unless you are doing something like city fighting or taking a huge amount of MG fire. Right now it will just blind you and almost certainly make you lose against any Soviet tank that gets into sight.

Saros fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 28, 2019

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What are we referring to as the Northern Forest?

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

1st Platoon

Main thing now is to put as much fire at the enemy as possible, area target those contacts in the forest. We'll make a stand where we are now, two teams closest to enemy should pull back a bit if possible, form a line facing east in front of HQs current position.

No map, orders vague since glynnenstein is more able to judge who is where exactly.

Malick23
Sep 10, 2001
I bought all my friends forum accounts and all I got was this lousy custom title
AT Guns

Northern AT Gun should target the area with the soviet troops in the nearby forest assuming it has HE. Let's try and take some of these assholes out.

Southern AT Gun should move to the area behind the farm in the picture and target armor to the NE.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Straggler orders

Strag N

Kick up to FAST until you're on the ford and deploy as shown. The guys at the back are probably not going to make it out so have them get right to the riverside and face as shown, hopefully they can do some shooting and spotting and avoid the arty.

Strag S & heavy weapons

MG's falling back with Straggler N take over the positions in the trench. TH eHMG in the trench fast move and deploy in the houses as shown. If the houses are unsuitable (1 floor only, no facing windows) pick another. Get everyone engaging with target/target area orders with a focus on whoever is firing at the MG's and Mortars. I think its MG positions in the far woods but am not sure.

[e] I found an enemy MG position shooting the mortars, killlllllll.

Bring the split squad in the far east up to where they can hopefully spot and also be in some cover. You'll have to use your discretion here, try not to get anyone killed.

Mortars continue firing for one minute, for the direct firing ones try figure out who is shooting at them and drop bombs on them. If after a minute or two (use discretion) they are being supressed or taking casualties withdraw them behind the houses with the HMG.

Saros fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 28, 2019

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Popete posted:

I assume where 1st Platoon is and the first elements of the enemy that crossed the Northern Ford.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Popete posted:

These guys who are about to engage our northern troops. You should be able to reverse to the river far enough to get good cover from Sov tanks to the east and engage them. If you cross the river i'm pretty sure the south side is at too low an elevation to see them. Glyn can do the exact placement better ingame imo. Specify target area orders as well as otherwise as we have seen the tiger gets confused by too many targets.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

2nd Platoon

Keep some fire from the southern trench on those guys coming across the ford at the road, target specific mans, they look like they're spotting/scouting and I want them dead if possible. Northern trench guys, if they're able, should go ham on the guys (area fire) in the near part of the northern forest with grenades, fausts, whatever is available.
For clarity, area fire these guys in the northern forest:

3rd Platoon

I'm still not clear on who is taking over 3rd platoon, so if I'm stepping on toes here please disregard the following order.

Positions as they are seem good. Let's make sure those MG teams are set up. Fellas in the trench (west of the road) should hold fire unless a good target presents itself, in which case they should area fire with MGs and rifles. Order the panzershreck teams to keep their heads down, please(HIDE) unless a tank comes a-rumblin through that ford.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

not my real name posted:

3rd Platoon

I'm still not clear on who is taking over 3rd platoon, so if I'm stepping on toes here please disregard the following order.

Positions as they are seem good. Let's make sure those MG teams are set up. Fellas in the trench (west of the road) should hold fire unless a good target presents itself, in which case they should area fire with MGs and rifles. Order the panzershreck teams to keep their heads down, please(HIDE) unless a tank comes a-rumblin through that ford.

They're all yours! Malick23 can grab the heavy weapons, if he likes.

Malick23
Sep 10, 2001
Cool. I'll take heavy weapons. I never used them before but I'll work it out.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The theme of turns 14-16 is this loving hero:

The only remaining member of the hill AT gun squads, hard as nails and here to kill.

Turn 14
https://youtu.be/eOGul2aGaUg

https://youtu.be/Njt468L47ms

https://youtu.be/5tx95mP13E8

https://youtu.be/UWmBsAba3XA

https://youtu.be/HkQXJjCGN0Y

https://youtu.be/yFuLeLYZtlY

Turn 15
https://youtu.be/Y_Eq3n6yIWk

https://youtu.be/_QW6pD4Snpg

Turn 16
https://youtu.be/gfkpjsHP-vM

https://youtu.be/KKTuGk-8YzE

https://youtu.be/wiMz060WZAs

https://youtu.be/Yj2oEyUqAOw

1st Platoon
Overall held up okay. Didn't face direct attack and did some damage.

2nd Platoon
RIP, you were a popular target. Some elements might still take a soviet with them.

3rd Platoon
Foxhole guys got some fire on the targets north and then turned to their flank and contributed to some good work.

Stragglers
Dodged some insane artillery, took some bad hits, put out a lot of effective fire.

AT guns
The Southern AT gun will take too long to move and should probably abandon that plan.

Misc Heavy Weapons

Tiger

And still putting up a fight, Herr Chronister.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
drat, lucky spot for the Tiger to waste that platoon on the beach.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yeah I thought we were hosed when they charged the woods by the river before any of the defenders could arrive but the tiger and mg fire seems to mean that only a single squad made it into the trees.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

ORDERS

Stragglers South

-Hold positions initially and fire on enemy targets. I want a rifle squad pinging each of the enemy tanks to keep them buttoned and the SMG's can fire upon the closest enemy infantry targets.
-LMG and HMG teams in the trench are to HIDE when they are able to recover from orders until the enemy stops shooting at them or the start of the third minute when they pop back up and shoot again.
-If you think you can get a team sprinted into the trench to perform medic and retrieve MG weapons without them all dying then do that.
-If the T34 start laying fire on the guys in the wood have them fast retreat behind the slope behind them and take cover. Swamp guys should be able to cower in the puddles or in the dips.

Stragglers North.

-Rifle and SMG teams are to halt and area fire/target fire the enemy advance! Resume moving (QUICK) across the ford to the edge of the woods once the enemy is fully in retreat (use your discretion).
-LMG and HMG teams are to recover any downed weapons and then continue retreat orders (at quick at least) to the vacated trench by the town. Anyway if the enemy is beat back I want a cautious sweep of the woods using our smg teams where the enemy team managed to make it into.
-3 A/B can also merge as theres only a single man left in B.

Heavy Weapons

Mortar/Mortar HQ/Ammo bearer are to cancel all missions and retreat at fast and find a new spot to setup out of sight. (In-putters discretion but look for spots that have cover and can direct fire on the north ford/central knoll area if possible). HMG teams are to set up in 2nd floors and area fire upon the enemy who has advanced into the woods and those in the attack group. HQ teams are to occupy first floors and area fire at Sov teams in the woods (they should have lots of SMG's so I expect them to do well at this.)

:siren: 3rd Platoon! I am gonna ask you to send your Panzerfaust teams to positions in the woods by the HMG/houses. If the enemy tanks continue closing we might get them into rocket range and I have no organic PzF teams.

Saros fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 1, 2019

Malick23
Sep 10, 2001
AT Guns

Northern Gun Once the HE runs out target armor along the river crossing. If discord is right one in a million is still a chance to bag the T-34.

Souther Gun Cancel orders to move. Target armor down the river. If we can move to a better spot quickly do that but it's more important to try and hit the tanks if they cross that location. Maybe we can annoy anything that moves enough it will target us and not the Tiger.

Hill Gun Fight to the last man Shoot anything that comes near. After surviving the barrage I'm hoping morale will hit an underflow error and he turns into Rambo.

Malick23 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 30, 2019

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Malick would you mind focusing the Target armor arc a bit on the southern gun, a 360 degree arc is basically a 'stop spotting' command because it fucks with the AI. If you point it east-ish I think it's possible the T-34's might move forward enough to be in view. I have a dream where a T34 gives you beautiful side shots and swings the match back in our favor.

I am pretty sure you can see roughly the bit i've highlighted from your position and the T34 are charging fast, possibly to get in a position to cut off the Tiger from being able to retreat across the bridge.

Finally as I asked before could everyone pull out their Panzerfaust teams and send them my way. All the Soviet Tanks are over here and I have zero AT capability.

Saros fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 30, 2019

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of, I'm thinking I should probably move the Tiger back across the river soon before getting cut off.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yeah we were talking about it on the discord. Can it ford the river or does it need to use the bridge? I've forgotten how we got it over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Drove over the bridge to get over, but idk if it can ford.