Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

As I was the first to express willingness in the Discord, Fray has appointed me commander. We need to organize fast.

Unless I'm missing somebody, we have the following positions:

Tank - Popete?
AT Guns - Malick23?
Infantry 1 - LazyQ?
Infantry 2 - Not My Real Name
Infantry 3 -
Infantry 4 -
Infantry 5 -

We need decisions from Saros, Bootrom, and Bacarruda, as well as confirmation of Popete, Malick, and LazyQs preferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Initial Operations Plan

Roster:

Tank - bootrom
AT Guns - Malick23
Grenadier Platoon 1 - LazyQ
Grenadier Platoon 2 - not my real name
Grenadier Platoon 3 - Bacarruda
Detatched Heavy Weapons - Bacarruda or Popete
Stragglers - Saros

The enemy is almost certain to possess significant advantages in mobility, artillery support, and armor. In light of these advantages, combined with the fact that the direct approach to the town from the east forms a natural chokepoint, it is likely that the enemy will be attacking from the north, where we lack preexisting buildings for fortification. Successfully crossing the river in the north will allow the enemy to bring the entire town under direct fire, enabling them to launch a mass assault across the river on a huge front, overwhelming any defenses we might throw up.

For this reason, we will be committing the bulk of our forces to a layered defense north of the town. Units will withdraw on a careful schedule in good order, allowing a steady shortening of our lines and concentration of forces even as we inflict casualties on the enemy. Lesser forces will be committed to guarding the eastern and southern approach.

Grenadier Platoon 1

You will establish a position on the center of line BLUEBELL, ready to provide covering fire for the withdrawal of platoon 2 and 3 from line LILY. You are also our primary reserve against unexpected enemy action, so be ready to move south as needed.

Grenadier Platoon 2

Your position is on the southern half of line LILY, covering the ford in the center of the map. On command, you will withdraw to the eastern part of line IRIS to cover the withdrawal of 1st Platoon.

Grenadier Platoon 3

Your position is the central portion of LILY, covering the northern ford. Your first withdrawal destination will be the western part of IRIS to cover the withdrawal of 1st Platoon.

Tiger Tank

You are our trump card in this battle. It is absolutely critical that the enemy doesn't find out you exist until we absolutely have to reveal you. However, we still need you in a useful position, which is why you will deploy somewhere in the blue circle. That is fairly well hidden from enemy observation, but will allow you to support IRIS or move south to cover the eastern approach.

Detached Heavy Weapons

You will deploy in the yellow circle as a reserve. If the enemy appears to be attacking from the east or south, you will position to bring fire on that direction until Platoon 1 is able to reposition and block the attack.

Straggler Group

You will deploy in two seperated sections. 1st section will take an observation point on the central hill, marked with a red circle. This is a commanding overlook position, and having an observation point will be absolutely critical to success in this battle. We must have every scrap of information on enemy movements that we can.

2nd section will deploy in the southern red circle. They will reinforce Heavy Weapons in the event of a southern or eastern attack.

AT Guns

Deploy 1 gun somewhere on line LILAC, one between IRIS and BLUEBELL, and one on the hill near 1st Stragglers. This will allow us to bring converging fire on any armor advance in the north, as well as potentially firing on vehicles in the town or on enemy vehicles moving in the field. Unless armor is actively engaging our units, priority is given to infantry carrier vehicles or tanks with riders.

Mines will be placed at bith fords along LILY, wire along IRIS, and foxholes along LILAC. Mines will also be placed at the eastern approach.

Any questions or concerns are to be brought up immediately.

Gnoman fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 13, 2019

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

I want you far enough forward togive support fire to 2nd and 3rd platoon as they withdraw. IRIS and BLUEBELL are close enough together there that you can deploy further back if it works better. You will be withdrawing to LILAC.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Saros posted:

We need to know foxhole and trench placement to get a decent idea of how to deploy. Have I missed it or the distribution of defenses somewhere? Ive only seen minefields and barbed wire.

Foxholes (and trenches, which I forgot we had) are to be placed at Lilac, although you can have some for the eastern position if you want them. Placement at earlier lines is not out of the question, but I don't see a lot of point fortifying ground we have no intention of holding.

Specific positioning is flexible, and I was expecting our infantry commanders to give suggestions.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Indeed. Now that I remembe r they exist, I want one blocking the east approach, and one at the southern one.

Perhaps one on the hill, with the rest arould Lilac and Ir is at the infantry commanders ' discretion.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

We still need orders from Platoon 1, Platoon 2, and the AT guns.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

AT (due to the absence of the AT commander) and miscellaneous orders:

The AT Guns will be placed as follows (blue arrows):

1 on top of the hill with the stragglers, facing east
1 in the northern forest facing southeast
1 on the Lilac line, facing northeast.

Trenches are to be placed at the red lines (remaining trenches permitting)

Remaining foxholes are to be placed along the orange lines

Mines are to be placed at the orange dots.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Apart from Popete, every order needed is in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Popete, we need to move the Tiger northward. We aren't going to find a better time to employ it than now, when we have a real chance of smashing up the hostile armor.

The stragglers on the hill are there to look out, not fight. The time will probably come when they are no longer needed for observation, but that tine is not new.