Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My favorite is trubbish. Trash boy best boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I have a softspot for Electric pokemon in general. But I really like Starmie and Jolteon.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
My favorite Pokémon is Quilava. Its Silver sprite looked fierce but its black back (now blue with better colors) reminded me of the shiny fur of a black Labrador.
It looks like a great pet - although you'd probably need to train it properly to not use its fiery mohawk and buttflame inside your house.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
All I want out of a Pokemon game is an early Houndoor

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
My favourite Pokemon is every Pokemon because they are all good in their own way!

Thanks to this thread I restarted my copy of White and thought I could get a certain item from the ruins early. I could not. gently caress the ruins.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Cincinno is the best and the cutest and has fun movesets in a competitive environment. To be honest, I love the entire gen 5 pokedex; even the knockoffs of previous gen pokemon have a certain charm to them that I didn't really feel was there in gen 6 (not the monkeys).

The sand routes are dope, and as a casual player I love-loved mid route doctors. I feel like it just saved so much busywork of having to run back and forth across an entire route if you were grinding out a lower level pokemon or something like that.

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 23, 2019

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

It's good to know I'm not the only one who walks out on the deck on a stormy night and gazes wistfully out to sea when a Pokemon he was counting on gets unexpectedly KO'd

I don't have a deck and just have to shove my whole head out the window.

Toyotasomi no Miko posted:

The ruins also have Hah, gotcha! so it’s not a bad place overall. Feel like we missed something, but the screenshot heaviness makes it valid to put off for now.

Yeah, there are quite a few items and trainers in the resort I'm shifting to next update because this one was getting a little bloated.

FoolyCharged posted:

My favorite is trubbish. Trash boy best boy

TRASH UNION

Blue Labrador posted:

The sand routes are dope, and as a casual player I love-loved mid route doctors. I feel like it just saved so much busywork of having to run back and forth across an entire route if you were grinding out a lower level pokemon or something like that.

They're an extremely good addition for me as well, because when I'm trying to comb a route for encounters or something it's always kind of a drag to book it back to the Center. I'm a big fan.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Roro posted:

My favourite Pokemon is every Pokemon because they are all good in their own way!

:agreed:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Roro posted:

Thanks to this thread I restarted my copy of White and thought I could get a certain item from the ruins early. I could not. gently caress the ruins.

Even the monkeys?

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship

FoolyCharged posted:

Even the monkeys?

I respect the monkeys for their theme of "see no evil, hear no evil, do no evil", and for their role of relatively elegantly introducing the type chart to new players who started with this game, as well as teaching new players that some pokemon aren't as good as others, and that they'll need to bench some if they want to do their best.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Namagem posted:

I respect the monkeys for their theme of "see no evil, hear no evil, do no evil", and for their role of relatively elegantly introducing the type chart to new players who started with this game, as well as teaching new players that some pokemon aren't as good as others, and that they'll need to bench some if they want to do their best.

Now I want to see an “all monkeys” challenge run.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I want the rest of the LP to be completed with a team of 6 Pansages

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I want the rest of the LP to be completed with a team of 6 Pansages

i do have the power to dump this game and resurrect rune factory 2, do not tempt me.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
6 Pansears would be worse, just because it starts with Incinerate (30) and gets Flame Burst (60), while Sage starts with Vine Whip (35) and gets Seed Bomb (80), while Pour starts with Water Gun (40) and gets Scald (80, can burn).

My favorite Pokemon is probably Meganium, because nobody loves it and it's very good and y'all are just wrong for not liking it

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I love Meganium! It's a good and gentle friend.

It's just, you know, not that great for my play style in the main games.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Minccino and Cinccino are really fluffy chinchilla shaped friends with a really mean hidden ability. And Cinccino capitalizes on it. They are also really adorable and I want one for my team every chance I get.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Faillen Angel posted:

6 Pansears would be worse, just because it starts with Incinerate (30) and gets Flame Burst (60), while Sage starts with Vine Whip (35) and gets Seed Bomb (80), while Pour starts with Water Gun (40) and gets Scald (80, can burn).

The toll is really more emotional than strategic.

Kemix posted:

Minccino and Cinccino are really fluffy chinchilla shaped friends with a really mean hidden ability. And Cinccino capitalizes on it. They are also really adorable and I want one for my team every chance I get.

I always forget about Min/Cinccino but I'll have to put one on the team for this LP at some point, since lots of people seem to like them!

Next update may be slower than usual because Three Houses is coming out tomorrow and it'll probably hoover up my free time and laugh at me.

black eagles forever see you all soon

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

Hippoman fielding Braviary confirmed

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

You are a fool and we of the blue lions will kill you all.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
My favorite pokemon are pretty obvious, I think.

Honorable mentions: spoilers for a certain cave coming up later, Venipede, Beedrill, and Natu.

Dybael
Jul 11, 2017
My favorite Pokémon are the Nidoran lines. They start as bunnies and end up as kaiju, with a detour through being rhinoceroses! What's not to love? I like Pokémon that are very cute or very monster-y and with the Nidorans I get the complete spectrum. :3:

(Also I appreciate that the boys are the pink ones and the girls are blue but the shinies are the other way around. Gender, the game where everything is made up and the points don't matter!)

((We don't talk about shiny Nidoqueen.))

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I have to second the Nido line of Pokemon. So cute but so good!

And a close second for Pinsir and Heracross. Nothing like big bugs to make you happy

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship
My top 2 mons are Ampharos and Hydreigon, with every other electric mon in third (yes all of them)

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Namagem posted:

My top 2 mons are Ampharos and Hydreigon, with every other electric mon in third (yes all of them)

Just mono-Electric or are you counting dual-type Electric Pokemon as well?

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship

LordHippoman posted:

Just mono-Electric or are you counting dual-type Electric Pokemon as well?

also dual type; emolga, stunfisk, dedenne, all great IMO. Magnezone is top tier IMO.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

My favorite is Togetic!

Also, I believe hacking in mystery gifts is not super hard!

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

The Golux posted:

My favorite is Togetic!

Also, I believe hacking in mystery gifts is not super hard!

Good to know! But I am vastly incompetent, so we'll see how it goes. I'll look into it once I get back from my 3 Housiatus.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I like Purrloin, Ninetales, Flygon, Hydreigon, Lopunny... If it's cute, I'll probably end up liking it!

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Update 15: Jagen’s Archaeology Aside

Hey there! I’ve got a very short update for you this time because I’m still in hiatus mode, and I want to clear up this next bit to make the following update a little bit cleaner. Let’s get done with our current business in the Desert Resort.

Last time we took shelter in the Relic Castle for a while.

Unfortunately, this is actually an exit. Nothing much we can really do here! Well, there is one thing. There’s a new Pokemon in the Relic Castle, and this technically counts as part of it.

Here’s Yamask!

Yamask’s big gimmick is its ability, Mummy, which just changes the ability of Pokemon that physically attack it to be Mummy also. There are ways to be cute with this and exploit some interesting strategies, but really it’s quite situational.

Also its Pokedex entry? hosed up. Raises questions. Let’s try to avoid dwelling on our own mortalities. (S/O to the ghosts reading this LP)

Yamasks like to use Will O’ Wisp, which is a Ghost Type move that inflicts Burn. It’s a little annoying, but honestly I’m kinda relieved to get to use those Burn Heals.

Wow, Jagen was in that little room for a while. Filled with ghosts. I guess it worked out, though!

There are a few items I didn’t hunt down, so we’ll have to take care of that.

There are still a couple of trainers as well. Nothing special, but free experience.

Notably there’s a new Pokemon here! It’s Maractus! There’s a third cactus Pokemon! Uh, for some reason.

Over here we have another entrance to the Relic Castle, surrounded by some truly bizarre architecture choices.

But gently caress that for now, we’ve got Water to drink off the ground.

I’m carrying six Pokeballs, buddy, this doesn’t count as being psychic in the slightest.

What is Psychic is his Pokemon of choice, Gothita. It’s not a bad Pokemon either, packing a very high Special Attack value.

Case in point, the oneshot kill here!

Thankfully it’s not exactly bulky, so Bug Bite wipes it out in return.

This also does not count as being psychic.

I do not think she understands the job description.

At least this guy’s got Feelings.

As well as a Dwebble. Our team is pretty awful at dealing with Dwebbles at the moment, actually. Might be something to consider in the future.

And before you suggest it, no, Blitzle would not help.

I had to pay a visit to the Doctor by the entrance after a few trainer battles out here.

This is probably the most interesting item atop one of these dunes, the BlackGlasses are a hold item that boosts the power of Dark type moves. Just like the Miracle Seed, except that they couldn’t afford a space in this one.

Hello, guy wearing a tux and standing in a pit.

I have no idea where you found Sand in this locale, buddy, thanks for the generous gift.

(It’s another held Type-booster, this time for Ground.)

Here’s a little lore you can only get by chatting up Pit Guy. N mentioned something about this back in Nacrene City, didn’t he?

One more treasure in the top right corner, a Hyper Potion! This one’s invisible, so I’d recommend using your Dowsing Machine. Or just using this screenshot, I’m not gonna judge you.

Let’s stop loving around in the sand and actually make something akin to progress, though.

Thanks for the hot Quicksand Tips, nerd.

I wanted to show this trainer off, because he’s got an...interesting Pokemon.

Okay, y’all are ready to poo poo on Trubbish for being a trash bag, but Sigilyph is just the Nazca Lines attached to a watermelon!

It’s Flying/Psychic and I actually kinda love it, to say the truth.

I really need to stop using Burrtha against Psychics. Also, nice HP.

This guy is filled with Magical Power.

That, of course, translates to him having two Woobats.

Bats slap eachother for about four turns in this grueling battle of wits.

To get around the Quicksand, like that guy very slightly off screen said, we’ll need to not press the Run button and skirt the outside of the sand patch. It’s very easy to do, so if you mess it up it’s probably going to be more due to forgetfulness than anything else.

By “a second” he does mean “far longer than that, go do the plot”. So we’d be done here...if not for this.

Fossils, you say? :v:

Alright everyone, gather around, it’s time for another :siren: Thread Vote. :siren:

It’s a simple question this time. Do you prefer birds or turtles? Please bold your votes!

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Both fossils are pretty good, in all honesty. I’ve used the bird a lot recently, so I think we should see the other tactic to winning. The secret is to use the turtle. Given fossils are rocks, this should help the Dwebble problem while not being weak to rock.

If we can throw suggestions for names, gonna vote for it to be Morton Jr.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Turtles are great, and Morton Jr. is a great name too.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

It's turtles all the way down.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The bird is the word but it's time for turtle power.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

It's turtle time.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Toyotasomi no Miko posted:

Both fossils are pretty good, in all honesty. I’ve used the bird a lot recently, so I think we should see the other tactic to winning. The secret is to use the turtle. Given fossils are rocks, this should help the Dwebble problem while not being weak to rock.

If we can throw suggestions for names, gonna vote for it to be Morton Jr.

First post nails it. Seconding this.

Sigilyph is great. I used one as well, it's fast, it hits hard and it looks neat.

I don't think Blitzle will help against dwebble, (I always hated fighting those) but what about taking on the champion at the end? Surely that would be his chance to shine!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Birds are friendly and fun :downs:

THE Green Ranger
May 9, 2009
Bird feathers are perfect for sweeping away some of this sand.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
birbs are Good.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Turtle power!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Birds are good. Not the fossil we get here though. A real downer mon for the team. So I’m voting turtle and say we name it Bowser