Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
LordHippoman back with another LP? For Pokemon Black, one of the best games in the series?? And with good opinions about Trubbish and Vanillish?! Hell yeah I'm 100% on board this hypetrain.

No real opinions about the starter, since they all have their pros and cons. (Snivy is my favorite but I don't want to saddle you with it.) But I'm down for male Jagen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
This LP is already gold. :allears:

Also I refuse to believe any actually likes Patrat.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

This caught me off guard when I first noticed it because I thought that Gen V had introduced an even faster text scroll speed that I missed in the options menu, only to find out that it's an exclusive trait of N.

Hello, it's me. The guy who will be doing everything he can to get Joltik into the main party.

I see you Joltik and raise you Scolipede.

Actually just do an all bug run.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Damanation posted:

This seemed to work well in other Pokémon LPs. Just a short little summary of how they are developing, and what they do in battles currently.

Yeah, I agree with this. Maybe a battle plan before each gym/major battle where you think stats are important.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Another nice thing about Gen V that this update shows: Mom is actually a character! She leaves the house! She's more than just a heal bot who tells us it's ok to go on an adventure.

I once did an all Dark type run of (a hack of) Black. I used Purrloin only until i got a better dark type. Liepard is a little better but the only thing going for it is speed, and that's not enough.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Yes but it was barely referenced and never developed into anything.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

I'll do what I can to ensure Proper Monkey Screentime.

So I write updates in Google Drive, and I could not get it to stop doing that. I'll have to figure out how to disable the auto formatting, good catch.

The proper monkey screentime is 0, because they deserve no screentime.

In Google Docs, if you hit Undo (Ctrl-Z) right after it autoformats something, it'll undo the autoformat and won't try to again for a bit.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I actually would like to see a bit of Munna, if it won't cause you too much suffering. I've never used one.
It's a tapir pillow, what's not to love?

Definitely bring blitzle along for a bit!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Munna is one of the clearest examples of Gen V being "Gen I, but different." It's Drowzee but less creepy, and it gives dreams instead of eating them.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The difference between Team Plasma and Peta is that when Peta steals a little girl's pet, they euthanize it.

Don't donate to Peta out of spite, wtf.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Black Robe posted:

Good to hear things are going better, and good to see an update!

You missed an encounter in Wellspring Cave. The one thing everyone actually wants from that cave is in fact available this early if you don't mind running in circles for a very long time getting dust clouds to spawn. Much easier to catch it later if you're not going to use it, but it's there now if you want it.

One of the best Pokemon in this game, at least competitively. The design is pretty cute, too.
I actually like Woobat, it's a cute fluff ball that can rock the early game. Definitely one of those 'mons that fades as the game goes on though.

Glad to see you active, Hippoman!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Swoobat was actually the star of my team against one of the upcoming gym leaders. It's right in the sweet spot of evolving early enough with good moves to be a great addition to the team when you get it, but it drops off rapidly.

Regalingualius posted:

Makes me kind of wonder if Gen 8 will do a sweep through ‘mons from this gen. Ideally, that’d mean revising the minimum levels to evolve, movepools, etc. for a ton of them, though I wouldn’t necessarily mind them giving some lines another evolution.

Except the monkeys.

Can they please go back and patch up Gen 1 mons first.
My best boy Kingler is still hot garbage, Game Freak, please help my crabby friend.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Definitely Timburr. If we have to have a creepy, humanoid Fighting-type, let us not choose the lesser of two evils.

Plus, single evolution species are basically Pokemon's version of FE's jagens, and our player character can be the only Jagen in this game.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I laughed out loud multiple times reading this update. Thanks, you made my day that much better.

I hope Sandile and Venipede will be on the team.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Considering I did the same to my blitzle I don't think it's a believe problem. Maybe all goons here work together we can pull an earthbound and pray for Hippomans Blitzle. :pray:

I did too. I'm not sure I can believe strongly enough.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
While Blitzle is generally pretty cool, there are a lot of awesome pokemon. We should open up some space on the team by benching Blitzle now. (Maybe bringing it back later.)

Solumin fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 30, 2019

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Please tell me you are going to teach Attract to the best snowflake Cryogonal. (Spoiler because it's... kind of hilarious, at least to me? But also sad?)

This is a hard choice! I truly love Scraggy and Sandile, they're two of the strongest designs this gen. But Scraggy will have a hard time standing out in a party with a fight-clown in it already, and I've used Sandile a lot myself.

So Roy the Darumaka it is, I guess.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
My favorite thing about Burgh:

The crazy eyes.

Cheren's cockiness is somewhat justified. This is the first gen with genuinely great bugs.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
My favorite Pokemon is Aggron, a good mountain gardener friend.

The castle ruins are great because Yamask is here!!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I love Meganium! It's a good and gentle friend.

It's just, you know, not that great for my play style in the main games.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The bird is the word but it's time for turtle power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Taking care of yourself has to come first! Hang in there, buddy.