Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hippomn posted:

: he moment you choose the Pokémon that will accompany you on your journey, your story will truly begin. During your journey, you will meet many Pokémon and people with different personalities and points of view!
Typo here.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Also, Nthing a Male Jagen and an Oshawott named Marth.
:bandwagon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I don't know much about Gen 5 pokemon, aside from the aforementioned Trubbish, Vanillite, and the three monkeys, so I'll leave team voting to others unless I see something that interests me.

Is this the gen that introduced Gurdurr?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Damanation posted:

I like the idea of a Snivy named Marth

It reminds me of Brawl in the Family. No one is good enough to talk to Marth the Snivy
Are you thinking of Awkward Zombie instead? The one where Marth has a chart of who is allowed to speak with him? I don't remember Marth being like that in BitF, although I don't think that he did much in that comic.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

LordHippoman posted:

Cheren’s also picked up a new Pokemon in the form of a Liepard. It’s not much to worry about.
Uh, this seems like a typo? I'm not that familiar with 5th Gen Pokemon, but the image says Purrloin.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Timburr.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think Hypnotoad might have gotten bored of wandering around in search of a monkey and turned his powers on his owner.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

BlackPersona posted:

Since there's already a few votes for Darumaka, I'll jump on that train and ask you to name it Roy :v:
Roy's our boy!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

LordHippoman posted:

I’d question wearing a wide-brimmed hat in a sandstorm, but I simply cannot knock the style.
I'm not an expert, but I'd think anything that can be used to shield your eyes is probably a good thing in a sandstorm. Personally I'm questioning the complete lack of goggles.

As for favorite Pokemon, I both haven't played Pokemon in a while and am actually a 13-year-old on the inside, so I'd probably pick something like Charizard because FIRE-BREATHING DRAGON. I'm a simple man with simple tastes, what can I say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hopefully life gets better for ya.

LordHippoman posted:

All that said, I do want to mention that I'm also missing a game script now for B/W, since the one I was using went down during my hiatus. If anyone knows a good resource for a new script, please feel free to let me know!
I dunno any Pokemon game script archives or anything, but you might want to try dumping the game script yourself, or using OCR on your screenshots. Pokemon has a fairly plain font, so OCR might actually work pretty well.

If you do try OCR, try to make the screenshots you use for OCR as close to white text/black background or black text/white background as possible. There are multiple ways to automate the process (Irfanview, ImageMagick if you're conversant in command line and Windows batch files, etc), so you can process a whole update's worth of screenshots into text in a few minutes.