Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Welcome to the first annual SA Ultimate Board Game Draft!

What is this?

Inspired by this article, the participants are going to draft board games into a hypothetical collection like fantasy sports. This won't exactly be the same as a top-15 list from each participant because they have to consider their placement and wheeling potential.

What are the rules?

- The draft will be in Snake/Rotisserie format. The first 3 rounds of picks will take the order:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
- Each participant will draft 14 total games, so 224 total titles will be selected.
- Titles will be selected one at a time. For example, Participant A will select a title, then Participant B will select a title, and so forth. Participant A will not submit a list of 14 titles immediately offhand.
- Each title can only be selected once.
- Each title must be selected for the purposes of only playing that game. For example, if you draft Cockroach Poker it must be on the merits of playing only Cockroach Poker, not its ability to proxy Skull easily as well. Likewise, don't say 'a deck of playing cards'; you must choose a specific game like Spades and you are limited to only that game with its materials.
- I am considering each title to encompass all versions and expansions unless you can make a case for it being mechanically unique. Agricola/Agricola Revised Editon, Concordia/Concordia Venus, A Feast for Odin/ A Feast for Odin plus Norwegians expansion, El Grande/El Grande Big Box, and Battlecon: War of Indines/Battlecon: Trials of Indines are all examples of pairs that I would consider to be a single entry. Azul/Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra I would consider two separate entries because they are mechanically unique, even if there is overlap.
- The title must be released. It can be relentlessly out of print, but it cannot currently be in preorder or kickstarter status.

What is the intial draft order

1. Jedit
2. Gutter Owl
3. Chill la Chill
4. Bottom Liner
5. Dancer
6. al-azad
7. cjpsmith
8. nimby
9. ketchup vs catsup
10. Dog Cop
11. Tasty Lemon Drops
12. Randalor
13. T-Bone
14. Tekopo
15. Chekans 3 16
16. Cthulhu Dreams

Last Notes

- I would ask that you try to make your picks at least within 10 hours of being your turn. We have 224 picks to run through, so this could take a while. You are all over the globe with real lives, so I understand that things come up, but I do want this to finish at a reasonable clip.
- I would encourage some commentary around your picks. You are welcome to just drop the title, but some analysis on the picks would also be fun.
- I would also encourage comments, analysis, and heckling from both fellow participants and other spectators.
- If you join the board gaming discord , we can chat and ping you when its your turn. You also get exclusive access to weekly postings of cute and friendly animals.
- We're working on the honor system here. I reserve the right to make an executive decision with regards to omitting picks, removing inactive participants, or anything else that falls into a gray area.
- Because I want to have chatter in this thread, make your picks by posting in the following format:
code:
[b]Pick # XX[/b]
[i] Title [/i]
- Comments if added

T-Bone posted:

:siren: Reports from Shadow's consensus bunker :siren:

https://tinyurl.com/y4j28h3s

T-Bone posted:

Hey so I jumped the gun a bit and posted the draft results in reddit. I really wanted to hear their thoughts: https://tinyurl.com/yyypprr7

Tekopo posted:

Also I found footage of an exclusive interview with t-bone explaining his draft choices.

Chill la Chill posted:

Anyway, it seems like donko and CJ continue to hate draft my picks:

The meta is what the meta is, but Clearclaw isn’t in the draft so it’s fair game.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I will use this to keep track of all of the picks made as I can. I may be a little behind, but I will strive to get current.

code:
1	Jedit			Brass: Birmingham 
2	Gutter Owl		Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends
3	Chill la Chill		Napoleon’s Triumph
4	Bottom Liner		Keyflower
5	Dancer			Gloomhaven
6	al-azad			Galaxy Trucker
7	cjpsmith		1830
8	nimby			Spirit Island
9	ketchup vs catsup	Food Chain Magnate
10	Dog Cop			Root
11	Tasty Lemon Drops	Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization
12	Randalor		Roads and Boats
13	T-Bone			Dominion
14	Tekopo			Tigris & Euphrates
15	Chekans 3 16		Dungeon Petz
16	Cthulhu Dreams		Crokinole
17	Cthulhu Dreams		Indonesia
18	Chekans 3 16		Codenames
19	Tekopo			Caylus
20	T-Bone			Magic: The Gathering
21	Randalor		Antiquity
22	Tasty Lemon Drops	Dominant Species
23	Dog Cop			The Great Zimbabwe
24	ketchup vs catsup	Gaia Project
25	nimby			Dungeon Lords
26	cjpsmith		Chess
27	al-azad			El Grande
28	Dancer			A Feast for Odin
29	Bottom Liner		Battlecon
30	Chill la Chill		Chicago Express
31	Gutter Owl		Space Alert
32	Jedit			Orleans
33	Jedit			Caverna: The Cave Farmers
34	Gutter Owl		Tragedy Looper
35	Chill la Chill		John Company
36	Bottom Liner		Kemet
37	Dancer			Bus
38	al-azad			Race for the Galaxy
39	cjpsmith		Container
40	nimby			Chaos in the Old World
41	ketchup vs catsup	Concordia
42	Dog Cop			The Estates
43	Tasty Lemon Drops	Ora et Labora
44	Randalor		Agricola
45	T-Bone			1889
46	Tekopo			Zendo
47	Chekans 3 17		Last Will
48	Cthulhu Dreams		Sidereal Confluence
49	Cthulhu Dreams		Arkham Horror: Living Card Game
50	Chekans 3 17		Puzzle Strike
51	Tekopo			Wir Sind Das Volk
52	T-Bone			Terra Mystica
53	Randalor		Ticket to Ride
54	Tasty Lemon Drops	Acquire
55	Dog Cop			Age of Steam
56	ketchup vs catsup	Twilight Struggle
57	nimby			Mage Knight
58	cjpsmith		Civilization
59	al-azad			Maria
60	Dancer			Hanamikoji
61	Bottom Liner		Go
62	Chill la Chill		Stephenson's Rocket
63	Gutter Owl		Sekigahara
64	Jedit			The Gallerist
65	Jedit			Cthulhu Wars
66	Gutter Owl		Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar
67	Chill la Chill		Modern Art
68	Bottom Liner		Great Western Trail
69	Dancer			A Fake Artist Goes to New York
70	al-azad			Cockroach Poker
71	cjpsmith		Glory to Rome
72	nimby			Twilight Imperium
73	ketchup vs catsup	Diplomacy
74	Dog Cop			Imperial
75	Tasty Lemon Drops	Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective 
76	Randalor		War of the Ring
77	T-Bone			Battlestar Galactica 
78	Tekopo			Decrypto
79	Chekans 3 18		Android: Netrunner
80	Cthulhu Dreams		Hansa Teutonica
81	Cthulhu Dreams		Inis
82	Chekans 3 18		March of the Ants
83	Tekopo			Pictomania
84	T-Bone			Castles of Burgundy
85	Randalor		Forbidden Stars
86	Tasty Lemon Drops	Trajan
87	Dog Cop			Northern Pacific
88	ketchup vs catsup	Terraforming Mars
89	nimby			Colosseum
90	cjpsmith		Ra
91	al-azad			Tak
92	Dancer			Broom Service
93	Bottom Liner		Import/Export
94	Chill la Chill		Die Macher
95	Gutter Owl		Patchwork
96	Jedit			London
97	Jedit			Valley of the Kings
98	Gutter Owl		Codex
99	Chill la Chill		A Distant Plain
100	Bottom Liner		Star Wars Rebellion 
101	Dancer			Power Grid
102	al-azad			Combat Commander
103	cjpsmith		Kanban
104	nimby			Diskworld: Ankh-Morpork
105	ketchup vs catsup	Automobile
106	Dog Cop			Bohnanza
107	Tasty Lemon Drops	Princes of Florence
108	Randalor		Sentinels of the Multiverse
109	T-Bone			High Frontier
110	Tekopo			1846
111	Chekans 3 19		Tichu
112	Cthulhu Dreams		Junk Art
113	Cthulhu Dreams		Here I Stand
114	Chekans 3 19		1989: Dawn of Freedom
115	Tekopo			Eminent Domain
116	T-Bone			Game of Thrones
117	Randalor		Among the Stars
118	Tasty Lemon Drops	PitchCar
119	Dog Cop			Vanuatu
120	ketchup vs catsup	Mansions of Madness 2E
121	nimby			Archipelago
122	cjpsmith		1817
123	al-azad			Taluva
124	Dancer			Alchemists
125	Bottom Liner		Battle Line
126	Chill la Chill		1849
127	Gutter Owl		Pax Renaissance
128	Jedit			Fresco
129	Jedit			Duck Dealer
130	Gutter Owl		Guns of Gettysburg
131	Chill la Chill		Russian Railroads
132	Bottom Liner		High Society
133	Dancer			Resistance
134	al-azad			Samurai
135	cjpsmith		Hanabi
136	nimby			Love Letter
137	ketchup vs catsup	Azul
138	Dog Cop			Coup
139	Tasty Lemon Drops	Werewords
140	Randalor		Millennium Blades
141	T-Bone			Santiago
142	Tekopo			Empire of the Sun
143	Chekans 3 20		Two Rooms and a Boom
144	Cthulhu Dreams		Space Empires 4X
145	Cthulhu Dreams		Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
146	Chekans 3 20		Hardback
147	Tekopo			Tunisia II
148	T-Bone			Santiago
149	Randalor		Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain
150	Tasty Lemon Drops	Crosstalk
151	Dog Cop			Neuland
152	ketchup vs catsup	Fields of Arle
153	nimby			Churchill
154	cjpsmith		Fire in the Lake
155	al-azad			Ganz Schon Clever
156	Dancer			Metropolys
157	Bottom Liner		Paper Tales
158	Chill la Chill		Fresh Fish
159	Gutter Owl		An Infamous Traffic
160	Jedit			One Night Ultimate Werewolf
161	Jedit			Civilization: A New Dawn
162	Gutter Owl		Magic Realm
163	Chill la Chill		Triumph & Tragedy
164	Bottom Liner		Yellow & Yangtze
165	Dancer			Magic Maze
166	al-azad			Arboretum
167	cjpsmith		Greed Incorporated
168	nimby			Vinhos
169	ketchup vs catsup	Pandemic Legacy Season 1/2
170	Dog Cop			Through the Desert
171	Tasty Lemon Drops	St. Petersburg
172	Randalor		Sushi Go Party
173	T-Bone			Cataclysm: A Second World War
174	Tekopo			Factory Fun
175	Chekans 3 21		Carcassonne
176	Cthulhu Dreams		Three Kingdoms Redux
177	Cthulhu Dreams		Skull
178	Chekans 3 21		Seasons
179	Tekopo			In the Year of the Dragon
180	T-Bone			1822
181	Randalor		Welcome To...
182	Tasty Lemon Drops	Room 25
183	Dog Cop			Meltwater	
184	ketchup vs catsup	City of Horror
185	nimby			Le Havre
186	cjpsmith		Paris Connection
187	al-azad			Quartermaster General
188	Dancer			Tzolk'in
189	Bottom Liner		Blue Lagoon
190	Chill la Chill		Targi
191	Gutter Owl		Argent
192	Jedit			League of Six
193	Jedit			Dream Home
194	Gutter Owl		Onitama
195	Chill la Chill		18C2C
196	Bottom Liner		Battlelore
197	Dancer			Eclipse	
198	al-azad			Dune
199	cjpsmith		Arkham Horror
200	nimby			1960: The Making of a President
201	ketchup vs catsup	The Voyages of Marco Polo
202	Dog Cop			1860
203	Tasty Lemon Drops	For Sale
204	Randalor		Sagrada
205	T-Bone			Captain Sonar
206	Tekopo			Colonial Twilight
207	Chekans 3 22		Falling
208	Cthulhu Dreams		Bridge
209	Cthulhu Dreams		Passtally
210	Chekans 3 22		Tetris Link
211	Tekopo			Talon
212	T-Bone			Brass: Lancashire
213	Randalor		Legendary: Encounters
214	Tasty Lemon Drops	Village
215	Dog Cop			Pax Pamir
216	ketchup vs catsup	Panic on Wall Street
217	nimby			The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game
218	cjpsmith		No Thanks
219	al-azad			Gaslands
220	Dancer			Inhuman Conditions
221	Bottom Liner		Jaipur
222	Chill la Chill		Bios Megafauna
223	Gutter Owl		Yomi
224	Jedit			Smartphone Inc
Up Next: Vote!

Fellis posted:

Here is the unofficial crowd poll:

https://www.strawpoll.me/17905961

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 2, 2019

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Anyway I can get in on this at #16?

Also we've been doing this for like six or seven years in the offseason hockey thread and it helps a lot to have an excel with all the picks ala: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZXbrSmiLyeQv4HsJ2nYdeQabNxDSUKk2LcMcoL0hsZI/edit#gid=0 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861321

e: time commitment wise it usually takes us around a month and a half although we've got 30 teams and 23 players, so a bit more to get through

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Anyway I can get in on this at #16?

Also we've been doing this for like six or seven years in the offseason hockey thread and it helps a lot to have an excel with all the picks ala: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZXbrSmiLyeQv4HsJ2nYdeQabNxDSUKk2LcMcoL0hsZI/edit#gid=0 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861321

e: time commitment wise it usually takes us around a month and a half although we've got 30 teams and 23 players, so a bit more to get through

sure, let me rerandomize everything real quick. you are the last addition, hoever.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

And we're live! Jedit is on the clock.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pick # 01
Brass: Birmingham

al-azad
May 28, 2009

poo poo, why am I behind Chill? I hate this already.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I figure I can get 15 18xxs out of that slot

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

al-azad posted:

poo poo, why am I behind Chill? I hate this already.

Yeah I’m going to have to think carefully about my picks.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Alright, time to put my elite gaming list up! 15 different editions of Monopoly!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Pick # 01 Pick # 02
Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends

Chvatil's finest machine. Maybe this could've been a more tactical pick--I'm almost certainly giving up Tigris, NT, Space Alert, and the faintest hope of a Splotter for something that had a chance to wheel. Heck, it's probably not most of the bracket's first pick for *Vlaada*.

But a) Tekopo will get two picks before I go again, and we both love the game enough to officially playtest for it.

And b) at the end of the day, I'd just rather have Tash-Kalar than any of those others, if forced to choose. I couldn't risk losing it. It's my favorite abstract, my favorite CGE, my second favorite game ever put to cardboard.

(As for my first favorite, well...)

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 12, 2019

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Pick 1: Napoleon’s Triumph

I was considering letting it wheel, sniping an 18xx, then double picking Seki/NT but there’s too much danger of it going quickly. Splotter is probably the better pick here.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Pick #1
Keyflower

Racism boats for everyone choo choo

It’s as close to a thread classic as we have and consistently in my top three. It plays great at all player counts, has significant and enjoyable interaction, and unique blending of mechanics.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 10, 2019

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Were I participating, Keyflower would be one of my two choices for a round 1 pick. I wouldn't touch the first three games because I am a Good GamerTM

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Keyflower would have been my first pick just because it's a solid game, a large amount of replayability, and my wife would kill me in my sleep if I didn't take it as a first pick.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Pick 1
Gloomhaven

Don't look at me like that. You, me, and a dozen people we know have all had at least some period of our gaming histories dominated by this. I do not now, nor have I ever thought "this is the best game/this is my favourite game". BUT, "Gloomhaven Wednesday" was a thing in my group for about a year, whereas no other game even got close to achieving that.

(I will have so many regrets once I click Post)

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

...and Gloomhaven is the other game that I would have cracked in the first round.

My strategy would have been a combo of having a well-rounded collection and a collection that I would personally want to play. Keyflower gets there by being really tight and novel with enough direct player interaction to have divergent gameplay. Gloomhaven gets there on a mostly solid system and an unreal amount of content.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

A predictable pick from Chill, and I can probably predict Tekopo will go with Dungeon Petz or Space Alert with Tash-Kalar out of the way. My heart tells me there's only one true Vlaada game for the ages:

Pick # 1
Galaxy Trucker

My first post in the board game thread some 8 years ago was about Galaxy Trucker and with it came a dressing down by Broken Loose on my dislike of the timer. I have since acquired the reputation of "Timer Tzar" and whoever is playing with me will intentionally set the timer as far away from my seat as possible. Jokes on them, I will swat hands aside in my grab to flip the clock. I can't think of another game that works both as a "party" title but also serious business for serious people. Pound for pound Galaxy Trucker and its expansions have to be the best deal in board gaming.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

al-azad posted:

A predictable pick from Chill, and I can probably predict Tekopo will go with Dungeon Petz or Space Alert with Tash-Kalar out of the way. My heart tells me there's only one true Vlaada game for the ages:

Pick # 1
Galaxy Trucker

My first post in the board game thread some 8 years ago was about Galaxy Trucker and with it came a dressing down by Broken Loose on my dislike of the timer. I have since acquired the reputation of "Timer Tzar" and whoever is playing with me will intentionally set the timer as far away from my seat as possible. Jokes on them, I will swat hands aside in my grab to flip the clock. I can't think of another game that works both as a "party" title but also serious business for serious people. Pound for pound Galaxy Trucker and its expansions have to be the best deal in board gaming.

In the alternate universe closest to ours, this is basically exactly my post. GTrucker got me into gaming and is universally Cool and Good. I get to act all friendly "oh hey let's play this fun wacky game" and then I instill fear into all my friends when I flip the hourglass. Great experience.

cjpsmith
Nov 19, 2018
Pick # 7

Obviously a tough first pick. Lots of things to balance. I think I'm ultimately putting the most weight on what might get sniped. 1830 is probably the best known/most played 18xx (and I wouldn't mind as much if someone else takes 1889 or 1846). I arguably have more interest in playing 1817 in immediate future, but I think that game is slightly less under the gun. And, in any case, I do usually rank 1830 as one of the top 5 best board games ever created, it's enormously replayable, it's surprisingly easy to teach, it's interesting, and it's fun.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I would have slam picked Gloomhaven if I had the chance yeah - it's influence is outsized, in a limited collection it has huge replayability and the size of the Gloomhaven thread in the forum shows its outsized popularity

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Pick # 1
Spirit Island

- I'm going into this draft as if the games I pick will be the only games I will get to play until the end of time. The thought police has empowered me to pick who will play with me, some sort of 14 games for 1984. But I can't play anything else so I need to be fast with popular games.

My first choice goes to Spirit Island because out of my top 5, this is most likely to get sniped by the goon hivemind. I hope my other 4 survive until I'm up again.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

nimby posted:

Pick # 1
Spirit Island

- I'm going into this draft as if the games I pick will be the only games I will get to play until the end of time. The thought police has empowered me to pick who will play with me, some sort of 14 games for 1984. But I can't play anything else so I need to be fast with popular games.

My first choice goes to Spirit Island because out of my top 5, this is most likely to get sniped by the goon hivemind. I hope my other 4 survive until I'm up again.

smdh that this barely made the top half of the first round

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Can we trade picks and/or games?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I think that would somewhat defeat the point of the exercise IMO

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I'm open to Monopoly trading. I'll take 5 games of my choice for Spirit Island.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Only if you send me physical copies of the games that are being traded.

I am honestly surprised to see Spirit Island so high. The rationale is sound, but I didn't think it was that important of a game. Thus far, I am pleasantly surprised with the diversity of the first round.

Speaking of first round, I will give terebikun another hour to make a pick. If he does not, I will either remove or replace him.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am available to replace anyone

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

It's yours. You're up.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

ketchup vs catsup posted:

you'll need to join the discord so we can yell at you if you take more than 10 minutes to pick.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

This is already fantastic to watch.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gutter Owl posted:

you'll need to join the discord so we can yell at you if you take more than 10 minutes to pick.

If everyone takes 10 hours for each pick, then this draft will take four months to complete.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

KvC pick #1: Food chain magnate

Edit: joined discord too, same username

Edit 2 with reasoning: it’s my favorite splotter, a game that is ruthless, very easy to shoot yourself in the foot, and lends itself very well to online asynchronous play.
The amalgam of hand construction, action selection, coupled with the diversity of strategies once you get beyond the first trainer/recruiting girl hurdle (what do I serve, how do I advertise, how do I price, do I expand?) are all fascinating to me, plus the terror of trying to figure out what your opponents are thinking, especially pricing-wise.

The ecstasy of those huge gently caress-off turns that swings the entire game your way coupled with the agony of missing such a turn because your prices are $1 too high.

I might be more excited for the expansion than any other expansion ever.

I have played it a bunch at 2, a few times at 3, and mostly at 4, and I will never turn down a game.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 11, 2019

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Pick # 1
Root

It's Root. A great approximation of a wargame with tons of interaction, varied mechanics and a goldilocks playtime. Was my most played game in 2018 and interest hasn't waned at all. With the new expansion & future content planned I could see this getting regular plays for years to come.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Jedit posted:

If everyone takes 10 hours for each pick, then this draft will take four months to complete.

Lol if this goes till June I’m gonna have to hand off my list to Chill and have him proxy my picks, I’ll be in remote wilderness for 3 weeks. I’ll have to go deep to make sure there enough options.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I'm getting married in June and like gently caress am I going to be checking discord or the forums on that day.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
In the hockey thread this usually takes us a month and a half with 30 teams x 23 picks (although we give people two hours to pick then skip them).

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Picking should go quick for the people in discord due to the magic of push notifications

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Gimme the next spot if someone drops out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Pick #1
Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization

My first four board games were Catan, Mage Knight, Betrayal at House on the Hill, and the original TtA. Only one of them still holds a special place in my heart, even though playing the physical copy is completely pointless now that TtA is available on mobile devices and even on Steam, with crossplay. Prior to that, various websites let you play the game via browser, but this implementation is just fantastic.