Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i swear to god i’ve seen shows where the actor picks up a smart phone and the micro-usb port (and sometimes headphone jack) are on the top, suggesting the phone is upside down. but given that the number of android permutations make android models more diverse than all life forms of animal on earth, maybe some androids are just like that.

i prefer to think the actors pick them up upside down on purpose as a gag though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Vomik posted:

is the badly faked part because they look like they’ve showered recently?

the fake part is the whole show csi cyber

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i think its: "found a security flaw in our iot baby cameras, whelp executives won't do anything so i guess there's nothing i can do to fix this software vulnerability in devices that are connected to the internet at all times"

this part is actually true. the way it works is employee says “this code is garbage and needs to be fixed” and the execs say “we already sold that product. work on new products, don’t spend time on things we already shipped”

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I wish YOSPOS were faked

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Schadenboner posted:

I wish YOSPOS were faked

do you have proof that it isnt

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Fallen Hamprince posted:

do you have proof that it isnt

if we were bots we'd all be incel nazis by now

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

DaTroof posted:

if we were bots we'd all be incel nazis by now

:hmmyes:

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
This one is pretty realistic but definitely flubs some obvious things https://youtu.be/2e5tAlelJXc

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jeesis posted:

This one is pretty realistic but definitely flubs some obvious things https://youtu.be/2e5tAlelJXc

Yeah, that fits.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ah yes, Heritage Group. Known for being knowledgeable on gently caress all.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9GRwqWhcQ0

all regular cel animation done in faux computor style

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 16, 2019

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

CommieGIR posted:

Ah yes, Heritage Group. Known for being knowledgeable on gently caress all.

I mean, are they even known for being involved in tech in any way?

Legit question, btw.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

OldAlias posted:

video game sound effects using ancient and incongruous sounds

i played everquest as a kid and the sounds for all the spells must have come from some soundpack that everybody had because "spell"-sounds show up all the time in commercials and movies

there's a particular whooshing-catch-on-fire sound that gives me a really specific flashback to being wrecked by some enchanter like twenty actual years ago

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i was watching some movie recently and there was a klaxon sound effect and it was the exact same one used every time you set off the alarm in deus ex

also i've heard a ton of the robot/computer beeps and boops from descent used in various low-budget sci fis

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUlAQZB9Ng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, are they even known for being involved in tech in any way?

Legit question, btw.

No doubt they have some lobbying in that direction, but considering their clients mostly want misinformation that will benefit themselves...