Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Cao Ni Ma posted:

what two syllable word are they going to use for next episode's desire?

チンポ チンポ

Judging by the Toi segment of the released single of that song, the answer is soba

e: how that relates to the grow-op/yakuza thing he has going is going to be the highlight of the episode I'm sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well thats easy to figure out then.

I'm also interested in what sort of absurd contrived situation will cause Kazuki to be unable to take a selfie with it

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Sarazanmai: I Want To Connect, But I Have No Idea What Is Happening Here

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

The Sara impersonation makes even less sense now. What the hell?

I feel like it makes just as much sense, it's just that now there are a couple completing explanations:

-Kazuki is trans, or

-Kazuki wants to generally stop being Kazuki regardless of any gender thing

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

readingatwork posted:

I swear to God if Kazuki “gets over” being trans by connecting with his family I will slap the entire country of Japan upside the head. Im still optimistic for something more nuanced than that though.

Grapplejack posted:

I don't think it's a trans thing. With the scene in the latest ep I'm seeing it way more as him basically totally dissociating. The only way he can feel love is if he's someone else, and what better target to pick than an idol? Everyone loves an idol. Even your family loves them, like they can't love you.

Yeah this is more my view. I haven't entirely discounted the idea that there's something gender-related going on in his head, but it's also really over-the-top and desperate as a response to guilt, in the same way that stealing someone's cat is. Haruka wants to feel special and is a fan of Sara, ok I'll make it so that he has all the Sara he could ever want.

The fully changing aspect is also possibly indicative of, like... him wanting to create a "new" self entirely unburdened by everything he normally has going on

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

The issue is that Enta was aware of the surface level genre signifiers—color coded scarves, transformation sequences, monsters of the week—and deduced that he was in a really weird sentai, and thus that everything follows a predictable pattern. Thus far, that pattern was that whoever is the tip of the dildo/gets the focus episode is the one who has the leak. As long as he doesn’t get up there and sing, he reasoned, the secret will never get out. The issue is that he’s actually living out a completely different type of show that only has the visual trappings of children’s television

e: this is of course all in line with his visual archetype being “the smart one” in terms of the apparent team structure no matter how little that actually applies to him

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Oh my god, Enta is the dumb jock.

Telegraphed because he’s the yellow frogranger not green