Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

The Walrus posted:

kings landing is def getting sacked by the night king and the last stand of humanity is gonna be on pike as the ocean freezes around it

That would be interesting, if anything so it doesn't feel like the iron islands are out of the show altogether. I got the sense that Yara was basically done in the show now and we won't see her again. They wrapped up that plotline so quick I thought it was a dream sequence and it would cut to her waking up still on Euron's ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

teagone posted:

Yeah, last we saw him in Season 7 he was headed north by himself to honor the false oath that Cersei committed to — she promised to send Lannister forces to help defend the north against the dead, but she lied. When Jaimie learned that, he told her that he was going north anyways and Cersei said that's treason, and he just left.

I'm glad Sansa just straight up called Tyrion an idiot for trusting her promise.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Captain Magic posted:

They should put up a toll stop.

Someone's going to have to go back and get a shitload of dimes.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

teagone posted:

Rewatched the episode, and missed that Bran was talking about Jaime when he said he was waiting for an old friend after Sam asked why he's outside lmao. Dude literally just chilled in that one spot until he showed up. Amazing.

I guess learning to see the future didn't involve learn how to judge time, he could have been inside all night.

Or maybe he was out there all night giving cryptic half advice/creepy voyeuristic insights to random folks whenever they walked up to him.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
The only real defeat Robb suffered before the red wedding was when the Karstark forces abandoned him. Robb killed the head of the family who had disobeyed Robb and killed some Lannister children as revenge for Jaime's escape attempt. With one death Robb lost half his army. The Northerners would rather lose with honor than win.

Hell, Jon left to get allies and now they're mad he came back with them.

e:VVV Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that now. They're still too proud for their own good though.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 17, 2019

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Sydin posted:

Sure but it probably would have been more honorable to not jump into some random girl's pants after you've already made a political alliance predicated on your future engagement to somebody else.

I still find it funny that he'd do something as stupid as betray a key ally and then go to celebrate that betrayal in the ally's house and expect no hard feelings.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

JT Jag posted:

the things we do for love

And he goes right back to staring off into space again.

e: Is Daneyris spray-tanned?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Tyrion completely hosed up in the slave cities without any repercusions, Dany is a weak boss and won't fire anyone no matter how bad a job they do.

Which is a bit ironic because she's so gungho about "BEND THE KNEE OR THE DRAGONS WILL ROAST YOU ALIVE!"

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

As Nero Danced posted:

And he goes right back to staring off into space again.

e: Is Daneyris spray-tanned?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dany is Trump.

Motherfucker I knew it!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I know the kid is near-blind without glasses but that face Bran makes when he's talking to someone is ridiculous. He's trying to look like he's a mystic but it really looks like he's half asleep.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So where are the Dothraki?

Raping and pillaging the countryside. If anyone complains Dany will shrug and say "my army fights zombies, whatever else they do is of no concern to me."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
"Hey I marched an army into your house and made your brother submit to my rule and have since threatened to burn everything you hold dear. Why aren't we friends?"

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Sydin posted:

"What about the North?"

"Uh... I'm gonna marry Jon and he'll be king, and I'll let him and you mostly handle Northern matters?"

Like seriously why is this a loving issue.

Because she wants it and refuses to share her toys and anyone that tries to take them will be burned alive. But she's totally not like her father.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who is this lady?

You mean Sam's not-wife, or the street urchin from a Dickens novel?

e:nvm

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Tormund asking the right question.

Dude's got his priorities straight.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
This is a war council Sam not a poetry reading

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

farraday posted:

You know, I'm really unconvinced about this plan of hiding from the guys who can raise the dead in the crypt.

I am REALLY hoping he makes it to King's Landing and works his voodoo on all the dragon skeletons in the catacombs.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Tyrion hasn't had a good idea since he stopped being a blackout drunk it's about time he tried to get wasted.

e: :lol: Eye on the prize Tormund.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Hey guys have you found Jesus?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
How the hell did some creep get his fanfic put in the show?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
On the plus side, it's all uphill from that scene, jesus.

e: haha eveyrone sitting around in uncomfortable silence after that poo poo

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

That Brienne scene was real good though.

From the worst scene to the best scene.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Arya laying in bed afterwards wondering why she agreed to that clause in her contract.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

"Gonna give away my Valerian Steel sword before the White Walkers show up. Solid good plan there, sam ol boy.

Wow, Pod the Rod got a good voice.

Eh, he killed a white walker once by accident, he can handle himself.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Solice Kirsk posted:

We're dangerously close to something happening next episode boys!

Remember when Tyrion first went into battle, he got hit in the head by a hammer on the way out the door? It's going to be like that. It'll cut straight to people running away while winterfell burns in the background.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Gotta admit I'm a little dissapointed Jaime doesn't have a chainsaw hand and an oldsmobile delta on the front lines.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Arya's gone full-on anime where she's a master ninja assassin but has the body of a 13 year old girl.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Groovelord Neato posted:

the mountain looks so dumb on the show though.

I was hoping in the last season's truce negotiations for Qyburn to look at the zombie and say "we already got one of those."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

13Pandora13 posted:

Eh I'm kind of still leaning towards Bran being the Night King though time and space fuckery.

Honestly same here. Like he's not trying to destroy the world he's just trying to stop Bran from warging back in time and getting turned into the night king in the first place.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Mustache Ride posted:

I'm pretty sure we saw Ghost for like 5 seconds this episode.

This feels like one of those paranormal investigation shows. I missed it so I have to go back and pause and try to find the ghost.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Groovelord Neato posted:

got a role in the hobbit (goblin king i believe) and then was replaced with cgi.

He was going to be the white orc, which I always found funny because he lost that role to Manu Bennett, who fought the same actor on Spartacus (the original mountian played one of the German slaves in the second season, the one that got his face cut off).

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I just remembered, when Bran first got to the other 3-eyed raven they were attacked by skeletons that didn't have much if any meat left on them, so really a crypt full of skeletons is still doable. That might have just been the three-eyed raven's home defense system though.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Phenotype posted:

I haven't gotten through all the backlog of posts in this thread but just lol at you sweet summer children who are like "the corpses in the crypt would have rotten away to bones and they're stored under heavy stone so they can't attack the people hiding there." It doesn't matter how illogical something is on this show, if that's the easiest way for them to get to the next plot point, then surprise, zombies out of the walls.

When Bran first got to the other three-eyed raven, a bunch of skeletons popped out of the frozen ground like they were in Jason and the Argonauts. It's still a possibility.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Zaphod42 posted:

There's a reason the Aztecs made their funky spiked bats and not swords.

But D&D are about to have Arya do a Darth Maul dance through white walkers, they're not remotely concerned with realism.

I was about to post the same thing. A paddle with shards of obsidian sticking out is a much more efficient use of a limited resource but nope, European medieval fantasy demands European medieval weaponry.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

One year = one season has been established for a while now

Yeah, the show has never done a good job of conveying the passage of time. The first couple episodes took place over a few months due to travelling but watching it you'd think it was a week or two at most. It's the kind of thing that normally doesn't impact the show much till people start zipping around the country side in a matter of hours or age questions become a focal point.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think Bronn will hurt Jaime or Tyrion. The show is pretty much goodies vs baddies now, and Bronn while a scoundrel, is a goody. He's gonna go with the goodies. But maybe not for the right reasons .

Yeah, I'm expecting at most Tyrion goes to the toilet, the door swings closed, and Bronn is sitting in the corner with the crossbow. "You're lucky I remembered your offer." "Well good, but I don't need to poo poo anymore." At this point the writing quality makes this sound pretty likely.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Midgetskydiver posted:

From what I've read the actor says that the other filming (it was the Hobbit, not Warcraft) did not interfere with the GoT filming but D&D used it as an excuse to fire / replace him. Apparently other cast members didn't like him at all and he was really difficult to work with, including demanding that the scripts be changed to give Gregor more depth.

He didn't even get the role in The Hobbit, he lost it to a CGI character. Dude nuked his career prospects by being a jerk. What's funny is the current mountain is apparently a teddy bear.

No one remembers the second mountain. He was tall but nowhere near as big as he needed to be to fit the role. Apparently he played the space jockey in Prometheus.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

gently caress. There goes that then.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Raccooon posted:

Is it supposed to be that big? I assumed it was the size of the UK.

I thought the same thing, didn't GRRM turn a map of Great Britain upside down, tack Ireland onto the bottom and called it Westeros?

That doesn't say much for the scale though.

E:

Mantis42 posted:

How fast do dragons fly, anyways?

:smug: "As fast as it wants."

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

PT6A posted:

I demand geographical precision in my show about dragons and zombies, and furthermore I find it very disturbing that there was an innocent girl who grew up to be a badass assassin who kills a bunch of people and then she started sexhaving and that's just right over the line!

Speaking of, when the episode aired it was labelled "Game of Thrones 69" instead of "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms."

Curse my filthy depraved mind.