Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The Lannisters did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So Lady Stoneheart is gonna show up for sure this season?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Escobarbarian posted:

“The most important person in the world can’t run off to the most dangerous place in the world!” is a truly awful line of dialogue

it’s no “you want the bad pussy” but it still sucks

Those lines are on completely different tiers

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Isn’t he the only male frontal we ever see too?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

etalian posted:

Looks like someone forgot the Hodor dick scene?

poo poo I had even forgotten hold the door

At least it’s finally time for it to end

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

What time does this air mountain time? Everything I see onlines says 9pm but doesn't give a time zone.

9 eastern so 7 mountain

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m rewatching season 7 today and idk how anyone can dislike stupid crazy Euron. He has so much fun and solos two sand snakes

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Evil Agita posted:

Theon fucks with a soft dick

No that’s grey worm

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Deuce posted:

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

The victory of House Night’s King will be the happy ending.

Man for a brief moment the first time I saw the dragon battle I thought Bronn would kill Drogon. That would’ve been siiiiick.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Cheap blush for a Sansa/Night King teamup

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I really want Jon to turn on Dany. Also, that “small” amount of food was like more than a dozen milk-producing livestock. Uh don’t you idiots have peasants and armies to feed?

The northerners are rightfully pissed and Dick Tarly was right to not trust the foreign rape queen. Champion of the people.

Also, the weird thing about the Arya romance to me is that the last time they met Gendry was still a buff grown rear end man known for his eye candy physique, but Maisy Williams was like 12.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 15, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Siliziumleben posted:

Is Jaime going to be Bran's new Hodor? Pushing him, carrying him and holding the door for him?

Golly I hope so.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There really needs to be a Theon/Varys/Grey Worm mission

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Wait where is Melisandre?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

bobjr posted:

I almost want smug Jamie back just to tell everyone what a dick the mad king was.

“I’m dead anyway why not act like this?”

I could see that being a point of contention between Jon and Dany for king factions. Dany’s gonna want him bbq’d while Jon, maybe with urging from Tyrion, Brienne, Varys, maybe even Bran, is on the “well the mad king deserved it” train even if he still hates Jaime. If Jon’s the “my crown for the people” guy and Dany’s the “the people for my crown” gal it works.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Do you think Daenerys will ever notice all those eternally fresh wounds all over Jon that never heal or bleed? I assume he’s still warm and doesn’t smell like rotten flesh or anything, but that has to be kind of weird by now.

But I guess he’s never had any curiosity about that either so

At the end of last season she asks Jon if he took a blade to the heart literally or metaphorically, and then pointedly stares at his chest wound while he’s in bed healing from his white walker escape. She knows.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

TheRat posted:

The sad part about Tyrion is how they changed his motivation from "person filled with hate because his father had his wife gangraped" to "person who drinks too much and knows things". Season 1-4 Tyrion was so much better than season 5+ Tyrion, and that's the one thing I really blame D&D for.

Otoh ADWD Tyrion sucks absolute poo poo.

I think Tyrion was one of many casualties post-season 4 when they clearly realized that GRRM was not putting out and they’d have to move ahead and end it. It feels like a pretty stark change from adapting the books to wrapping the story.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The “everyone can die!” thing hasn’t really been true since Ned Stark as far as major characters. Jon was never going to take a random arrow. Tyrion was never going to get pneumonia. Cersei will not go to liver failure. It’s fantasy fiction.

The endgame characters were pretty obvious by book/season 2 and totally obvious by 3/4. The show managed to give Rob more screen time, but even dudes like him, Cat, Oberyn, and Tywin were clear secondary players.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Zaphod42 posted:

The white walkers exist because the Andals came over and hosed up the First Men and took over Westeros. This is like, the crux of the entire lore.

So we know that boats have been around forever and people were able to travel between continents already.

The white walkers were fighting children of the forest like a billion years ago and the wall and all that poo poo was long established before the andals came.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It’d be sick if Qyburn invented cannons instead of a ballista

E: and yeah I figured until recently people were using Mediterranean style boats and not something that could cross however big the western sea is.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 16, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I always figured all the teleports were long dumb timeskips and that’s why Arya isn’t 12 now.

Otherwise Gendry flirting with her is, uh

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Another sick thing that could’ve been: Tormund wielding an aztec macahuitl

I mean there’s no reason not to assume is magic obsidian that works for like steel, but that would be cool

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah I’m kind of frustrated at how the practical realities of Dothraki and dragons sustaining themselves on “foraging” from peasant agriculture is never addressed.

Yeah I’m a nerd but it makes me hate her. At least westerosi armies eventually go home. Dany’s enforcers know only plunder.

They could at least have a scene or two where she gets the Dothraki on board with being disciplined but every time we see them they seem like the same rapey murderdicks from season 1

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

vaginite posted:

Cersei: “Bronn kill my brothers”
Bronn: “I’ve been loyal to your brothers this entire series and have barely spoken to you. What makes you think I’d do that instead of selling you out?”
Cersei: “Have you met our writers lately?”
Bronn: “Fair point” *takes crossbow*

Or maybe this is supposed to be a point about how stupid Cersei is.

He isn’t going to kill them but he is not so stupid as to be like “no murderous queen in whose castle I live, I like your treasonous brothers, thanks”

I can’t figure out if Dany’s lines like “dragons eat whatever they want” is supposed to be ominous or witty.

Sansa doing logistics in Winterfell has been built up as her thing and Arya and the northerners seem on board with her.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Dickon ruled

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah historically mercenary-ing is... a job. The fact that it feels foreign to most modern tv viewers doesn’t mean a mercenary would happily betray or harm their friends/family. That sort of thing kind of undermines the “realistic” poo poo GRRM tried for.

See also: apparently 99% of sex is rape, marital rape, or prostitution in Westeros. Medieval people fell in love. Even soldiers and nobles. Sometimes they even hooked up without money or coercion.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Imo show wise:

Grey Worm: roots only, pees normally

Theon: stem only, sexually frustrated

Varys: root and stem, total weirdo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah Bronn won’t die uselessly for Tyrion but he bothered to show up to the cell and explain himself. He runs treasonous messages for Tyrion. He shows affection for Pod and Jaime.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Presumably the Night King has Bran-like powers and would have staged an attack on the wall to draw out the dragons as soon as Dany either agreed to help or at least became Queen and was forced to defend her kingdom from them. There’s magic fate poo poo happening no matter how dumb Jon is.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol watching s1e1

-Mark Addy headlining
-Tiny Bran
-Tiny Sansa (or normal height Sansa?)
-there are dire wolves in this show??

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 16, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sydin posted:

I figured any spin off attempt would be killed less by lack of enthusiasm and more Rome-style "oh god do you know how much it costs to produce this poo poo."

How much money does it make though?

Especially since the spinoff could probably drop having cgi dragons and poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What are the chances Syrio Forel returns for the final battle?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Don’t forget Cat among the dumb Starks. She started the War or Five Kings by falling for Littlefinger’s ploy hook, line, and sinker and abducting Tyrion. (Then trying to execute him after a forced confession/show trial even)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Red posted:

Question: How should Robb have dealt with the Greyjoys and Stannis/Renly (instead of sending Theon and his mom to gently caress up)?

Bend the knee to either Renly or Stannis (Stannis in hindsight) and reject the insane King in the North title to begin with because the North was never going to win.

Or hell, bend to Joffrey and have Ned sent to the Wall.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If anything, Renly should've joined Stannis. Stannis would've made him heir so he just had to like a decade until he died(or get someone to poison him).

Basically it's stupid assholes all the way down(but the Starks are still the dumbest).

Yeah basically if any two Lannister enemies would have teamed up we’d have Cersei’s head on a pike in S2. Maybe Tyrion and Bronn get to go to the Wall.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you think about it, Crazy Aunt Lysa has the best strategy of all.

Even now the Vale army is intact and it hasn’t been plundered once.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah he gets declared king explicitly to avenge Ned and dudes start deserting even as he’s doing well in the Riverlands.

Sucks Ned couldn’t get word to them that he was pro-Stannis.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Man, I forgot how clueless and Totally-Not-The-Queen-of-the-People Dany is even in season 1.

Drogo gives a crazy berserker speech about going to Westeros to plunder the poo poo out of it, tear down their castles and temples, rape their women, etc. Dany gazes dreamily at her love.

Drogo burns down entire city, takes loads of slaves, murders, mutilates, and rapes loads of people to get money for boats. Dany is shocked, shocked at this turn of events. Drogo’s khalasar turns against them because Dany is an idiot who thought they would fight for her without getting slaves and raping everyone despite Drogo’s clear speech to that effect.

Miri maz whatever, who everyone calls a dangerous witch, tricks Dany into doing creepy blood magic as revenge for the town. Dany is again shocked that Miri isn’t grateful to the woman who caused her be raped multiple times while her whole town was murdered before her eyes.

I really want to see her lynched by peasants or something.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, I don't know calling her one of the smarter characters is accurate, but especially after the death of Tywin, she's become the most ruthless character on the show and that allows her to make plays that other characters aren't expecting, like when she blew up the sept.

I dunno, given the competition, that probably does make her one of the smarter characters. I can't remember how many of her fuckups that I'm remembering were ever shown on screen and how many were just Book Cersei being stupid. In the show, did she build the fleet of ships and then give it to the guy who immediately stole it? Or have her idiot friend's husband try to duel Bronn?

No a lot of her book fuckups don’t happen and the plot is better for it.

Not that the show plot is perfect, oh no, but I like having the primary human antagonist not be an idiot fuckup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Let’s all pretend we’re not going to watch it