Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Give me dany having dysentery this season or I will write a very angry letter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Xanderkish posted:

and of course the show had things the book had like... Theon losing his other limb

Imo it’s still debatable in the books whether he took his balls and left his dick or if he cut off the d like we got in the show

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Imo show wise:

Grey Worm: roots only, pees normally

Theon: stem only, sexually frustrated

Varys: root and stem, total weirdo

Good analysis I think, weird to think about boning without balls in the equation, but if it’s possible it’s clearly superior to sex with balls

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I haven’t watched the new ep but somehow in some weird transcendentalist way I still don’t know if Theons redemption coming by being punched in the balls (?) was the show redeeming itself or proving that it’s garbage

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Two years and now I’m wondering if I’ll ever know

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sanderson finished wheel of time for Robert Jordan and somehow managed to wrap it up relatively succinctly for what he was working with

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

My body is ready for Dave hill’s a dream of spring

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

On thoughts about the ep beyond ‘holy poo poo this show sucks’ I thought it was interesting we got the Greyjoy house words directly in reference to the white walkers. There’s some deep book nerd theorising that the iron isles are somehow special and connected to the magical cycles and dragons and thereby also connected to the walkers, much in the same way it seems obvious the starks are connected also. Both houses are the only two major houses with prominent words that are a warning rather than a boast or a threat. I kind of hope we get some info on that, at least from the prequel series if not this final season

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sodomy Hussein posted:

It's more or less established that... Things occurred between House Stark and the Children of the Forest, not all of which are for polite conversation, like the time a Night's Watch commander, probably in the Stark lineage, decided to marry a white walker and declare himself Lord Darkbad. And it's possible that one or more castles exist on ley lines designed to repel white walkers, or a magically-enforced peace agreement kept them north of the wall, and whichever it is was inadvertently broken by the end of long-standing traditions and practices that only the fey know the significance of, and everyone else remembers as an old saying. For example, "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell." Cocked that one up good.

The theory wrt to the ironborn involves sea monsters so it’s hard to really take it too seriously but I think the similarities with the starks and greyjoys is very interesting and seems intentional. I always wondered if dying prevents you from being wighted if you come back after. That would explain the weird ironborn baptism thing and also make jon coming back relevant to the end game as well

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Patch face and also the giant sea dragon skeleton that is the main hall on pyke, with a throne made out of a weird black material nobody can work with

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The actor who played Payne got crazy cancer and was written out of the show so he could get treatment. He’s just gone now. It was all a dream.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If he was putting off finishing asoiaf to dive into dunk and egg I could probably be pretty happy but fire and blood and world of ice and fire are deeply disappointing and obviously mostly other people writing authorised fan fic

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

In It For The Tank posted:

Even GRRM at the nadir of his writing is still leagues better than the show has been in later seasons. Never forget that Theon's dramatic triumph last season was that he was immune to being kicked in the balls.

why would you use the only loving good thing that happened last season as an example of this true thing

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Stannis getting killed off quite ignomiously and in a similar position to where he was in the books absolutely broke a certain segment of book nerds brains bc of how much time we had all spent collectively analysing that dumb asha/yara chapter from winds of winter and concluding he was pulling a strategic master stroke by positioning himself on a frozen lake in a snow storm

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Opferwurst posted:

e: someone please post that devian art image of the Night's King banging the Other on the wall and blue light beams shooting from her orifices or something

I’m 5 pages behind on the thread but just in case anyone didn’t already post it

NOT SFW
https://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/8/87/Night%27s_King.png

This is the second image for ‘night king’ on the asoiaf wiki lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

dude who plays tormund is way too good for this show tbh it not like his lines are any less dumb or cheesy than anyone elses but somehow I 100% buy his character and I barely even remember his character from the books

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Crimpolioni posted:

Feel like that doesn't make sense with the show, where the night king was created in westeros, and not that long ago either, relativly speaking. But in the book maybe the others are more of a global thing?

It still kind of does, the essos wall basically cuts off the yi ti empire from the rest of essos which makes sense if the threat started in Westeros.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I didn’t think anyone could have done a worse job of hiding an Irish accent than littlefinger but Euron really showed me

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Ash1138 posted:

Syrio will appear at dawn's first light atop a war elephant, leading an army of Braavosi riding war elephants

He’s still in meereen though

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Grrm has a huge hard on for Lovecraft and I think it’s pretty reasonable at this point to assume all actual divine intervention is the act of some rear end in a top hat higher being not acting in humanity’s best interests

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Dazerbeams posted:

I enjoy show Euron. He’s just there to have a good time. Crazy and loving life and he killed those Sand Snakes.

I don’t like show Euron but bless him for this

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I forgot she got jammed into qyburns torture science fair, if she’s still alive I don’t want to know about it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

=Unun =u

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mr. Pickles posted:

Plus here's my extensive list of female GOT characters who have not shown their tits and rear end to everyone:
1)Sansa Stark

We never saw Michelle fairleys t&a, quite unfairly I might add

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Stannis firmly and unwaveringly believed in The Rules and having him die as the sole victim of logistics in a land war is deeply hilarious

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GoutPatrol posted:

Did we ever learn in the show if Hizdahr zo Loraq was actual betraying Dany or not, I can't remember much of that coming to anything and instead he's just kinda killed and gone forever.

Imo he isn’t but is being manipulated by those that are but its always been a fairly fringe theory that he was ironically innocent

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You try keeping a dog that big fenced in

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I gently caress in a big bed with my wife

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

This ep was actually p good? Some pacing issues with connecting the stuff up north to the rest of the episode but I actually really liked it and I hate both this show and myself so that’s something.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

SirKibbles posted:

Still mad about the show being like Robert's Rebellion was a lie. Bran he burnt your grandfather alive ,made your uncle struggle to save him and then demanded your father and Robert's head and that's before Rhaegar (who is already married) abandon's his wife and children with his insane father. Man the show cutting out Rhaegar's dragon dreams and making it a generic love story really makes him and Lyanna look awful

You’re not wrong overall but Rhaegar eloping with Lyanna was the catalyst for Ned’s brother to go down there seething for justice. The whole thing is dickheads all the way down but Rhaegar eloping with Lyanna really doesn’t make it any less rhaegars fault than a kidnapping

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

“Two young people abandoning their arranged marriages and consensually banging

An abduction and rape

The same”

-goons

Oh come on I know this thread sucks but you can’t honestly watch this show and think ‘wow, ok those two people were in love? Guess overthrowing the king was a waste of time’

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s almost like this show has gone out of its way to show how good intentions can lead to bad results, but I guess assignment of fault is equivalent to moral equivocation bc goons

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

an skeleton posted:

Come on y'all. The absolute WORST these last 2 episodes can be, the floor on entertainment here, is stupid visceral high-budget spectacle with 2 handfuls of Cool Looking and/or Badass poo poo and probably at least 1 actually emotionally affective scene.

This is all I’m expecting and I’m excited, but the part of my brain that will never let me be truely happy is absolutely gonna post about it here and let you all know specifically what the worst 3 parts were

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

this whole season felt it was written entirely as a series of shots and then they realised they were missing a fuckton of character development despite some admittedly powerful moments of visual storytelling, and they just crammed in some dialogue around it to try and make it make sense. All the big moments are almost entirely visual, all the small moments feel entirely forced, even when they work. The Long Night and this Finale in particular feels like they were almost in preproduction when they started writing dialogue. I guess they were trying to tell a visceral story about war but it means they also have to spell out a bunch of stuff because they don't have the faith in their visual story to carry the narrative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It just felt real jarring to have all these big thematic scenes interspersed with a bunch of really hamfisted dialogue. The payoff wasn’t really ecstatic or we enough for me to care about what it meant