Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

etalian posted:

Looks like someone forgot the Hodor dick scene?

Looks like someone forgot Cersei's shame walk where some random village miscreant flops dong at the queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I mean it's really dumb, but no more so than "hold the door"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sophie Turner too, right? I haven't been updating my GoT_breasts.xlsm lately though

E: just realized that Sophie Turner, in fact, plays Sansa

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 24, 2019

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Skippy McPants posted:

Hey, has the show ever told us what set the White Walkers off? Like, they were chilling around doing nothing for thousands of years, Right? Is whatever got them all riled up still a mystery?

It's just a climate change analogy I wouldn't think too hard about it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Crow Jane posted:

Speaking of Stephen King and GoT, apparently Bronn's gonna be in the Dark Tower tv series

Playing "a cowboy". Like, no poo poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Basebf555 posted:

There's only a handful of cowboys in the story so that actually narrows it down a fair bit. I'm wondering if he plays Roland's father.

I was hoping Jerome Flynn would play the murder-train

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
GRRM is Strong Belwas except not strong

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Farrier Theaks posted:

Nicely subtle bit of storytelling imo

Too subtle for at least two goons on the last page, apparently. Low bar tbf

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Binary Logic posted:

Tryion gets credit for being clever but Samwell's smarter than almost everyone else. He found out about dragonglass, he learned about Jon's parentage, he cured Jorah Mormont (who was the best fighter on 2 continents and appeared out of nowhere to save Dany) and...he was smart enough to be scared shitless about the approaching horde.

GRRM?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Vichan posted:

Food jokes aside, a Storm of Swords was one of the best books I've ever read. So many awesome moments.

You should read more/different books. I enjoyed ASOIAF just fine, but :cmon:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Xanderkish posted:

That sounds like fun! What do you recommend?

Currently I'm reading Stamped From The Beginning by Ibram X Kendi, it's really good. I just finished readin a bunch of Ursula K LeGuin books, they were also really good.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The books sound so loving exhausting.

They have cool bits like the red Wedding, but then literally hundreds and hundreds of pages of descriptions of lemoncakes or fat people doing gross stuff or people making GBS threads. He is truly the American Tolkien

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Laterite posted:

stavros halkias

:hmmyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I've made some edits, hth.

Steve Yun posted:

Please help me workshop this if you wish:

:goonsay:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Raccooon posted:

While we are on the subject of HBO shows, I have never watched The Wire.

Looking at it, do the characters change from season to season and is that jarring?

Or is it which characters get the focus changes from season to season?

Some characters are there almost throughout the whole thing, but every series resets to a new location/theme. But it's more like each one builds on the previous so you get this dense holistic cross-section of how the whole city is institutionally hosed from bottom to top. It's pretty cool

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

eat the possible Inbred

From what little I know of CK2, this could be either literal or metaphorical

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

it looks like a shot from Return of the King

from 2003

RotK was, and is, a cool-looking film op

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

iamsosmrt posted:

He's one of the few men who can touch her in places that Ramsay could never reachcorrupt.

Extremely weird post even for this thread

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Strom Cuzewon posted:

That's the explanation we've just given though?

:hmmyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Snowy posted:

Ok I’ll accept Gendry being crowned in the final scene if the last shot has him immediately being poisoned or taking an arrow to the face

I wouldn't be surprised if they go for the full Hamlet ending. For those who don't remember, Horatio, a nobody friend of Hamlet's, takes the crown after the entire Danish royal family is dead. In that context, Bronn makes sense as a Lannister hanger-on, and from the Stark side? I dunno let's say Pod

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah tbf I forgot about Fortinbras, but every version of Hamlet I've seen since high school has been some avant poo poo where there's a bunch of guns or CCTV cameras or everybody gets their dicks out

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

cjg posted:

The way you use "literally" makes me think you're probably not a very good English teacher.

Lookit this post lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

christmas boots posted:

He fascinates me and I'm certain that his stupidity is going to derail the plots of multiple factions

But the show has already finished?