Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

These next six weeks are going to be hell for George RR Martin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like the scenes between Jon and Sansa because Jon's line of sight runs all the way up the camera frame since Sansa's a giantess.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lycus posted:

In conclusion, if Bronn tries to kill Tyrion, people will bitch about how it's bad writing, and if Bronn doesn't try to kill Tyrion, people will bitch about how it's bad writing.

Probably because no matter the storyline, it's still written by bad writers.

The first episode felt like a series of wrestling shoots.

"Is that The Hound's music?!"

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 16, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

I can't stop looking at the image of Arya's "blueprint" and wondering what the point was of drawing it up versus just explaining what she wanted. Not exactly high engineering.

She takes after her brother.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

Well, that sure was 2+ hours of various characters talking to each other.

I don't remember a lot of talking coming out of that room with 75% of the main cast just sitting around staring at each other, waiting for the clock to run down. Oh wait, Tormund told his giant story.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

4 episodes left.

Next episode will probably just be the battle at Winterfell, so after the Night's King gets chumped/Night's King chumps Team Stark, we'll have three episodes to resolve the King's Landing side of the plot, unless they're reserving the final episode for the aftermath of the war/timejump to get a glimpse of the future of Westeros, then we can see the Iron Throne plot resolve itself in episode 5.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lezard_valeth posted:

We are getting centuries old spoopy skeletons next episode. don't rule anything out

except elephants

and giant spiders

those shits are never gonna happen

I'm still holding out hope that some mother loving grumpkins are gonna show up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Where the gently caress is Howland Reed

He showed up already (in a flashback)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When is the Night's King going to whip his ice dong out

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

when do we get to see Brans dick

He'll whip it out when he fights with the Night's King. They'll touch tips and Westeros will explode in a frothy shower.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I know they name dropped Harry Strickland from the Golden Company, but I hope we actually get to see the dude. I liked some of the GC details from the books, like the fact that a lot of them fought for the Blackfyres (who I don't think have ever been mentioned in the show), and they roll around with their founder's skull dipped in gold. We're already getting denied elephants, don't deny me my golden skull, HBO!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I honestly don't remember if the dude in the house of black and white was literally him or just used the same face...

That actor is awesome but I didn't like his role in the Bravos scenes.

In the books that particular faceless man (the one who helped Arya and Co. at Harrenhall) is last seen in Oldtown, infiltrating the Citadel where Sam's also at.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

PT6A posted:

If we don't get a sex scene with Ser Brienne and Tormund, this whole loving TV show will be ruined IMHO.

Threesome with Jamie, Brienne, and Tormund.

Jamie's in the middle.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Totally agree but you accidentally posted the wrong picture

Jesus, at least post a larger size version of the pic.

There, that's better.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The most recent book was BAD though

Unlike last night's episode of the tv show, which was Good

Are you talking about Fire & Blood or Dance With Dragons?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I like to imagine GRRM having sex

I'd imagine it's a lot like the ending of Brian Yuzna's Society.

"I love the thrill of the hunt... and the taste of the shunt!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcfav-5kArM

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

You guys think Gendry knocked up Arya to keep the ol' Baratheon lineage going? Cause that would be stupid but also in keeping with the writing.

If he dies next episode then he absolutely knocked her up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This poo poo better be a bloodbath.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

fast cars loose anus posted:

Rightful don't mean poo poo against an army

I guess I forgot one dragon is still around

I was under the impression that both are still alive. Jon crashed Rhaegal but it wasn't dead, it landed before passing out, and Drogon was seen protecting Dany at the end.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Did Tormund do anything this episode? I can't remember even seeing him.

There was a really beautiful shot of Briennd and Jamie fighting back to back on the castle wall and all I could think was what a powerful diss to Tormund.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was expecting wildfire to play a part in the battle but I guess Tyrion didn't think to ask Cersei for any while in Kings Landing. Would've been sweet if instead of that 4 foot wide moat, they drenched the fields surrounding winterfell with wildfire and igniting it when the dead showed up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol what the gently caress is Plot Armor? A character not dying when you want them to?

Hurrr durrr a protagonist overcame tremendous odds and this causes me troubles

Multiple shots of hero characters getting smashed into by an overwhelming horde only to cut away at the last second, then when the camera cuts back they're still fighting the zombies one at a time. I had a good time during this ep, but that poo poo was dumb, they body count of known characters should've been way higher. That shot of Jamie seeing all the heroes fighting together in the courtyard was laughable.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

TheRat posted:

You know that time doesn't have to pass in a linear way right? If you spend 10 minutes on a different scene that doesn't mean 10 minutes must have passed in the previous location when you go back.

You realize overwhelming forces don't work that way either, right? Facing 50 zombies running at you all at once doesn't mean they're all going to line up politely and ask to fight one after another. Like, the power of editing is literally what saves some of these characters from certain death.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Madurai posted:

Brienne, Jaime, and Pod all had full suits of armor, and the average Joes didn't.

All the heroes had their hit points buffed to max.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Macaluso posted:

A lot of people very shocked itt that the little master assassin girl could run past some zombies and assassinate the zombie king

lol if you're expecting good writing from this show this far in.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder if that's really the last we saw of the Night King too. Bran can always travel back to the past and visit him, or maybe there's still a little bit of him in Bran's head.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I missed what Melisandre told Arya about the blue eyes, anyone want to provide a recap?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

bobjr posted:

There’s gotta be less than 20 Ironborn who aren’t with Euron left

Next week we'll see full force formations of dothraki, unsullied and ironborn and no one in universe will ask how many were lost/survived the war because logic no longer matters in this show.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Guze posted:

Preview for next week shows who survived

Shouldn't Ghost be like 10 feet tall?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Shammypants posted:

Game of thrones, where if you’re too white or not white enough you die

Pretty racist of the show to wight wash all those dothraki and unsullied.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why would Cersei give Tyrion anything?

Alternatively: Yea I'll send you some along with my army that is totally coming to help.

Tyrion already knew where the wildfyre caches were from his time as hand of the king. gently caress asking Cersei for poo poo, use the meeting as a ruse to get in the city and just have some soldiers take the wildfyre while Cersei sat around acting smug in the Dragonpit.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

precision posted:

It is pretty funny that the spooky arm mural meant literally nothing

Which mural was this? The one that Jon showed Dany on Dragonstone?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

an skeleton posted:

Nope, it's literally like this for every episode for the past 4 seasons

What season was Dorne and the bad pussies in again?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Deified Data posted:

The Shield always springs immediately to mind

The Sopranos too. People complained about the last season of the Wire, but it was usually something like "This is a bad season by Wire standards, but it's still light years better than anything else."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Niwrad posted:

What was the point of the white walkers? They didn't actually fight in the battle and just kind of hung around the NK. Seems like a lot went into building up their lore and they turned out to just stand around and watch the whole thing. Why would the NK even make them?

They alluded that the zombies only stayed reanimated as long as a wight walker was close by, then never brought it up again and even broke the rules for it (the zombie they took to kings landing).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Arya, Sansa, Bran, Bron, Tyrion, Brienne, Tormund, Sam, Gilly, Yara, Missandei, and Varys are all definitely going to survive.

gently caress this show. I was promised a blood bath. Where is my bath of blood?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Xanderkish posted:

I'm happy I read the first three books, even if the books never finish. There was enough excellent stuff in the first three books that it's more than worth the disappointment of the latter books (or lack thereof).

I have a morbid curiosity about reading Fire & Blood but I don't want to contribute to GRRM's "never going to write another book again" fund.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Guze posted:

Who's still on Aryas kill list that matters other than Cersei?

She's pretty good with The Hound at this point, and Beric and Melisandre both died.

Ser Illyn Payne, but he's been written out of the show.

e: it would actually be pretty funny if they brought back that actor for one scene just to get murked immediately by Arya.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

that last bit's an edit, right?

Nay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dongicus posted:

Arya isnt a mary sue. Just a poo poo character post s4. Discourse over, tea spilled :-).

She's a pretty accomplished assassin despite still having an incomplete on her report card from FMU (Faceless Men University).