Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The final season of Game of Thrones starts airing this Sunday on HBO!!!! Will Cersei defeat the Night King? Will Jon keep control of King's Landing? Will Arya be able to handle one of her dragons being an ice baddie now? Find out soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope this season is all about Grey Worm and Missandei

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
man, season 7 would be at least slightly better if Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington had any chemistry whatsoever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

504 posted:

Is the blonde chick still getting her tits out?

Man I already wanna unbookmark this thread. I’m surprised it took so long tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“The most important person in the world can’t run off to the most dangerous place in the world!” is a truly awful line of dialogue

it’s no “you want the bad pussy” but it still sucks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

how drunk would you have to get to enjoy the final season of this show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6rQiokqyJY

I’ve been getting drunk while watching these last few episodes of s7 and it’s definitely getting better the drunker I get

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Euron Greyjoy is a loving poo poo character

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He’s worse than most though

Cersei and The Hound are the only really good characters still imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They probably assumed she was dead, which you think they would have learned not to do by now given how much “I thought you/they were dead!” stuff is in s7

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah we literally have a spoiler thread that mentions that in the drat title

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m less than 15 minutes in and this feels like every scene is in fast motion

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I keep having to check that I’m not watching this episode at 1.5x

the pacing is so rushed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

teagone posted:

It definitely felt like it blew by, but so much happened.

I’m pretty drunk which I’m sure doesn’t help

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did a hooker just proposition Qyburn

What the gently caress is this episode

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahahah Cersei’s elephant obsession is loving awesome

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jon riding a dragon is fuckin rad

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My housemate who hasn’t seen an episode before was really confused by me being like “lmao he’s about to find out he’s loving his aunt”

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fishing with the fam posted:

Surprised we didn't get any in the first episode. Really thought Beric and Tormund were gonna bite it for a moment there because I assumed someone had to die.

Nothing ever happens in GoT season premieres, besides the pilot

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked the overall feeling of “oh god, they are totally overwhelmed, everyone is totally hosed” feeling at first but then the longer it went on the more it became obvious it was just gonna be a “someone kills the night king right as things are at their worst” thing. The actual scene/having it be Arya was cool though.

Not a fan of the visuals. It did get better as it went on, to its credit, but whether it was an artistic or a budgetary decision, so much of it being almost impossible to make out did not work for me at all.

They really wimped out on killing more leads, huh? Coulda done more.

Got seriously tense at the end, which was great, but overall, I dunno. I definitely feel pretty let down.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hey if people do any dumb loving arguments about Brie Larson or whatever again can someone please PM me so I can close this thread until a new episode airs. thank you

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
someone should probably make a HotD thread before Sunday. I can do it if nobody else wants to

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahah. I dunno if people have any kind of attachment to this thread because I pretty much just made it and then ran away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thank you! I’ll keep this thread open for general GoT discussion/D+D mockery/whatever