Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
During the re-watching I think Jon will become like Benjen, he'll start turning undead but then someone will stop it and he'll become the next benjen. And, Sansa will win the throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

teagone posted:

This is way too optimistic. Everyone is going to die except Jaime and he will raise his dwarf son named Tyrion in Braavos. The Night King will sit on the throne in Westeros.

I don't know, last season really sucked with that, they flipped 180 degrees from a show that used to tease good things before blindsiding you with death (ned's pardon, viper vs mountain, red wedding). The show started all a sudden teasing deaths and then saving folks, like it's star trek or something. I hope this season is nothing but deaths.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
jeez that message from the night king, that guy should relax

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Its Coke posted:

Everyone I know is complaining but I loved everything in this episode lol

It was good and fun, people hate that

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I thought these episodes were supposed to be longer because of the shorter season?

The first two are 1 hr, then they go to 80-90 minutes for the last four

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

TraderStav posted:

Jamie's sentence for his crimes will be to serve as Bran's butler for a month. Oh man, the antics that will ensue!

Sansa you can't date my butler!

why not?

Because he's MY butler

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Wiltsghost posted:

I wonder what weapon Arya is having made.

It looked like a spear but it had a springy thing (maybe projectile?), I think she's dragon-prepping honestly

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I thought Theon rescue was too fast too but I also thought Cersei loving Euron was pretty fast, who the hell is saying nothing happened this ep.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Grouchio posted:

This episode felt like watching Westworld Season 2.

What the gently caress is westworld

Don't actually explain, don't embarrass yourself

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I just realized of all the reunions they never had Jorah come across Lady Mormont, now I feel ripped off.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lycus posted:

I think it's pretty obvious what's gonna happen. Things will look real bad for Jaime, then Bran is gonna roll up and deliver a stirring defense.

I think Brienne will do that

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Roland Jones posted:

Is there something I'm missing? I'm pretty sure that Jon is not actually the heir to the Iron Throne; he joined the Night's Watch and formally forsook any claim he had to any crowns ever. The line of succession should skip over him. Just like it skipped over, you know, the other Targaryen in the Night's Watch.

Under false pretenses and lies, he was never a bastard and should Of been fighting ahead of Robb as the true king. Do we count false convictions

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Zaphod42 posted:

He's better than most fantasy writers by far, and has some great ones. Beric Dondarrion is one of my favorites.

But he has some stinkers in there too, they can't all be good. Mance Rayder is awful. Before I read the books I thought they were saying "Mans Raider"

In the books theres a purple-haired edgelord called Dark Star. Thats his actual name, and people take him seriously.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Atoramos posted:

You know, it's sort of surprising that Bran even cared enough to be there to intimidate Jamie. Bran's certainly more interested in Jamie's role in the war to come than losing his legs years ago.

I dont think Bran cares about scaring Jamie, I think Bran realizes it's important for Jamie to come to terms with the terrible poo poo he did, if he's going to be any help.

I expect next episode there will be a bunch of folks wanting to lynch Jamie and two people speaking up for him, Brienne and The artist formerly known as Bran. (tyrion too but nobody listens to tyrion anymore)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Bronn's been north of the wall remember

I don't know how that's relevant except Bronns cool.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dazerbeams posted:

Show Cersei is not smart but everyone is a bag of rocks compared to her.

Simpler motives. I mean literally all she wants is to survive, and she realizes staying in power is the only way she can do that, because if she loses power she's kaput.

dany wants to take over a continent, jon wants to beat a zombie army, these are more complicated goals.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

King of Foolians posted:

-From watching the trailer I have a prediction: I think at some point Arya will try to assassinate Cersei. She will be stopped by The Mountain and runs away from him. As The Mountain descends upon her, Arya is saved at the last second by The Hound, who fights The Mountain so she can get away. Arya and Cersei both survive, The Hound is killed and The Mountain either killed or incapacitated.
So what is the deal with Cleganebowl anyway? Why is anyone excited about that? I get that those two characters have a backstory with each other (which happens off-screen and we are only told about), but they only interacted once at the tournament in Season 1 and then at the wight reveal scene last season. And The Mountain is a mute zombie right now anyway so it's not like there will be any emotional conflict in their (inevitable) fight. I would be much more interested and invested in seeing a fight between The Hound and Arya or Brienne rather than against The zombie-Mountain just because something happened a lifetime ago when they were kids.

Gregor never had any personality besides 'hurt, kill, rape' anyway, being a zombie has removed nothing in that regard. Aryas definitely going to get involved in that fight though, my guess is she swoops in and hamstrings Gregor, then Hound kills him and dies

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
hol' up, I thought in the books Littlefinger already had killed Cat's sister whats-her-tits, and they had talked to the vale lords about it

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I don't know what book character Ian McShane was supposed to be but I'm guessing it was that grizzled priest/war guy that talked to Brienne in (a feast for crows??). He had that awesome long monologue about how war looks from the soldier/peasant's point of view, the show really should've used that.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
1, that song got to me, both times

2, why the gently caress does everyone keep saying the Crypts are safe, when your enemy raises the dead. Thats like saying the lumberyard is safe because your enemy starts fires!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Alec Eiffel posted:

Like, Theon ran from some dudes and left his sister once. What happens when the Night King plops down next to him on a dragon.

the dragon blows fire on his dick and he damage deflects, no-cock lvl 15. Stuff like that really is dumb, at least have other folks also volunteer, or explain better why they shouldn't

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

she's 22 by the way, totally okay to watch loving, on HBO

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Xanderkish posted:

Anyway, celebrating this new episode by watching the Battle of the Bastards again. That entire sequence is a work of art.

What are y'all's favorite moments on the show? I'm thinking about the Arya/Hound tavern scene, Hardhome, Tyrion in last ep of season 4, the Varys/Littlefinger original scene in S1, the wedding in S4, and I'm sure there's some I'm missing but I'll think of them later.

everything with bronn, maybe some other stuff.

I still enjoy re-watching Ned vs Jaime, when Jaime realizes the old man can actually handle himself

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

JT Jag posted:

this "the Night King will raise the dead in the crypt" theory is dumb because all those corpses are loving dust at this point, and it's gonna make me mad when it's right

Why would they be dust underground in a really cold place. Have you seen those bodies on Everest, dead Starks are very well preserved, at least their bones would be

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Raccooon posted:

I couldn’t tell if it was that or if she was making sure this dick was gonna be good. It was weird.

Aryas a virgin but wants to be in control so she starts attacking Gendrys experiences, it's a borderline dom/sub relationship, its fine

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I just realized Arya lost it before Sansa

Sansa got mollywhopped in the hoo-haa by Ramsay, he made Theon watch

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Are people actually moron'ing about super-assassin Arya wanting a special super-assassin weapon, from a guy thats taking custom requests? Is that the level of moron'ing that we're at? Holy nuts, four more episodes to see how low it can go.

"but she just like trained with 60 specific weapons not ablalblalbla" mm hmm yup, solid complaint.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

lezard_valeth posted:

3 more hours of shift left.

Can someone remind me why Bran represents a threat to the NK at all? Or why would he be interrsted in him?

Heck why was the NK threatened by the old guy in the tree at all?

All they've ever done was invade his private me time

Three eyed raven = night king, just at different times and with different perspectives. This theory is more obvious than L + R = whatever the hell with Jon being a targ.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
you people are ruining this final season with your stupid opinions and thoughts. morons. Jackanapes.

SimonCat posted:

So, Sansa was giving some pretty big puppy-dog eyes to Theon. With her previous relationships, a guy with literally no penis seems like the best choice for her, he's being selfless and he can't rape her. The future of the Stark line is looking dim unless Arya and Gendry have some kids.

Yeah strange, that vibe. Sansa/Theon looked like they were already in love, not just like.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Zaphod42 posted:

They're not unlike Zach Snyder. Give them some good source material and they can film interesting cinematography over it, but ask them to write a story and oh noooooo.

Snyder misses the fundamental point of everything he touches. Meh, a rogue Manhattan is the same as an alien threat. Sure batman kills, why not. Which sucks because his action directing is second to none.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

No Wave posted:

In the knighting scene, was Brienne tearing up because of a title or was it about her relationship with Jamie? They're the only characters in the show who seem to respect one anothrer in a really uncomplicated way and seem to have generally been very good to each other.

Their fight (IN THE BOOKS!) was so well written. Jaime slowly realizes this lady is housing him as he runs through all the great fighters in Westeros, that he thinks he can beat. He was handcuffed at the time but still had two hands, and she completely waxed him.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Phenotype posted:

Hah, I like Beric too actually, but no one on the show gives a poo poo about him. Does he even know anyone at Winterfell besides the Hound?

Gendry and arya, they both think he sucks because he gave Gendry to the red witch

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ed skrein as Francis in Deadpool was pretty incredible

THATS where I knew that fucker from! it was 1st Darrio!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I need a shame nun for when I think about going to taco bell at 10pm every night

Check out this lightweight

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Victarion is the one that has the dusky woman and the big black 'red priest' who can actually do magic, right? He's the best greyjoy

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm supposed to have moral qualifiers for the fictional assholes I like when literally everyone cheers for a child murderer like the hound, oh hound how we love you?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
You just have to get to know him. In his spare time Victarion enjoys hiking, cooking, long walks on the beach at night, and he very much regrets voting for trump

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Benjens death scene was so bad, he was exactly as effective with that stupid swinging fire thingy as my fat rear end would be. At least let him get some good kills.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
by the way I think he rode a giant moose in the books which is another fail for the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost