Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I remember when the FYAD forum title was changed to something like "Tyrion kills his dad with a crossbow while he's taking a poo poo" and it sounded so ridiculous that I didn't even think about it, just silly fake GoT spoilers to trigger the fanboys. Then in that episode when he picks up the crossbow I was like NOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy :stare: That was kinda fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nemo posted:

Just rewatched the scene where Jon and Dany find a cave with wall drawings that parallel their situation exactly, it was quite terrible.

The live thread immediately speculated that he was up all night drawing that poo poo himself, so the next morning he could be all like Hey Dany look what I just :airquote: ~discovered~,

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not sure I get why they think the Iron Islands would be safe. When Jon was surrounded on that frozen lake didn't the WW just eventually start walking through the water Pirates of the Caribbean style? They're zombies, it's not like they can drown.

e:

Wizard Master posted:

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

Almost missed this since your avatar's gone. Good to see the legend will live on until the end :patriot:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Xanderkish posted:

Yup. Undead army all crumbled to dust after NK got stabbed.

Unless this is like Die Hard 2 where it turns out the villain has a brother who then fights the protagonists.

That was Die Hard 3. You imbecile. You absolute buffoon.

I also thought Sansa and Tyrion were making an unspoken suicide pact there, if not then WTF was that whole scene?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rewatching bits of the episode, why did they even bother with having Beric stumble into that room with the Hound and Arya? The whole point of his ~*extremely subtle*~ T-pose in the hallway was for him to sacrifice himself so they could get away. Instead he just stands there getting stabbed, then... walks into the next room with them anyway? How does that even affect where the zombies were relative to the doorway if they wait for him to be in before closing it? If anything that would cause more zombies to be bunched up closer to the door. And then, he immediately dies? Not a single word of dialogue or anything? It's not like Mel couldn't have given her exact same Lord of Light speech without his body in the room.

Guys I'm starting to worry that these writers might not be very good :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

teagone posted:

I think we all understand how we ended up where we did with Dany's character. I, and I'm sure others, are saying it was too sudden of a heel turn. The show doubled down on her moral compass and didn't push any of her worst impulses to the surface, especially wrt to innocents and children. C'mon now.

Having Dany firebomb women and children indiscriminately needs a few seasons of development to justify, not roughly 45min and a line of dialogue.

So we meet A Dany in episode 1, getting sold by her brother. This week we saw Z Dany aerial apocalypse a city with an orphanage on every block. What the show was supposed to do was take us through B, C, D ... W, X, Y to get to that point. Trouble is a few weeks ago they were only on like J or K Dany, still listening to her advisors and putting her life on the line for humanity. Then in 30 minutes they slammed straight to Z Dany. Everybody knows she was always going to Mad King it up eventually, but DnD got bored and entered the cheat code to skip to the final level. That's what people mean when they say blazing it was unjustified or unearned for her character.