Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TheRat posted:

The first episode was already aired a few times to selected crowds, which is why we had a bunch of detailed spoilers for them.

We had detailed spoilers because the guy who does the Spanish subtitles leaked them. Same guy from the last 2 seasons worth of leaks. No I don’t know why he hadn’t been fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
The fact that this was 1/6 of the remaining episodes utterly convinces me the White Walkers are just going to get mashed by a combined alliance of good guys and their whole motivation will just be that they are evil.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Felt like I was watching more of S7. Mostly people just opening their mouths and regurgitating plot beats at a breakneck pace.

Not bad, but about what I expected.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TheRat posted:

The first episode was already aired a few times to selected crowds, which is why we had a bunch of detailed spoilers for them.

Nah the spoilers are from before that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

The fact that this was 1/6 of the remaining episodes utterly convinces me the White Walkers are just going to get mashed by a combined alliance of good guys and their whole motivation will just be that they are evil.

Yup

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Actually there will be like a 5 minute scene where bran tells Jon that they were once from somewhere else or whatever but the gist of it will be "yeah bro they're just straight up evil"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

tyrion is going to die, probably in some weird gently caress dany betrayal that feels contrived
jon and dany will end up ruling the seven kingdoms as true equals, dany will never actually experience any real hardship or moment that galvanises her outside of another dragon dying (rhaegal, obvs)
bobert b and nedy s will get their son and daughter to join their families in gendry and arya
sansa will be warden of the norf
jaime will die saving bryan of tarth and he'll die doing a smooch and it'll also be part of him redeeming himself saving bran
cersei and euron are going to be owned
yara won't appear again
theon dies at some point between episode 2 and 5 saving the norf

these are my guesses.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
All good guesses except...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

jaime will die saving bryan of tarth and he'll die doing a smooch and it'll also be part of him redeeming himself saving bran

...Jaime's going to kill someone important or stop someone important from being killed at Bran's request.

Brienne is not that important, sorry.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MoaM posted:

All good guesses except...

...Jaime's going to kill someone important or stop someone important from being killed at Bran's request.

Brienne is not that important, sorry.

She's a big fan favourite and Jaime is definitely going to die. I hate her character in the show quite a lot (Stanny B the one true king never 4get) but I can totally see her finally getting her romance moment/Jaime finally falling for her etc etc that poetic bullshit.

Cleganebowl better loving happen too.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The Tales of Hunk and Hag.

(Yes, it's happening)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so where exactly is the poop ending thing coming from

like i'm legit curious, is it just a meme or is it a real thing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Middle of last year a very detailed fake leak happened and it involved Dany being hung naked from Kings Landing as a corpse and pelted with poo poo.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
that sounds... bizarrely likely, actually.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Oh, I thought it was about how she was last seen in the books pooping herself half to death or something

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

that sounds... bizarrely likely, actually.

Nah, the gist was that Euron was actually the final villain. No way that's true.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the escape goat posted:

Oh, I thought it was about how she was last seen in the books pooping herself half to death or something

I mean, that's an actual fact rather than a fake leak. Her final written chapter is about her making GBS threads herself to death, basically.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I mean, that's an actual fact rather than a fake leak. Her final written chapter is about her making GBS threads herself to death, basically.

rip Danny the Dragon, died of really bad poops and then had more poops thrown at her

kater
Nov 16, 2010

so wait was the leaky hangy lovely stuff from years ago legit? how come people on earth have been pretending it isnt?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
"I wanted those elephants!"

Oh my god who loving wrote this

Also that awkward scene between Euron and Cersei where she says he has to "earn her" in front of Qyburn, and then she fucks him afterwards anyways? What.

That's all the show has the time left or the nuance for, yeah. Shame.

Although from the outright, calling them "White Walkers" showed they always saw them as purely Ice Zombies and not "The Others" that GRRM is interested in.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 15, 2019

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What else would their motivation be? They've been cutting people up since the very first episode.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Alternatively, the Night King gives us a long speech about his backstory and motivation in the last episode

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Funny that they blew that elephant thing up so much, given Cersei had exactly one line in this show referencing those elephants and she never showed major interest in those later. Not to say that elephants aren't exactly an amazing weapon against dragons and what the gently caress is even going on there, Jesus christ.

Can someone point me to the other probably hardly readable scripts?

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Middle of last year a very detailed fake leak happened and it involved Dany being hung naked from Kings Landing as a corpse and pelted with poo poo.

It's actually even older, it leaked before S7 even ended. Which was the first reason to believe it wasn't real.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

We already know this is true and has been clearly the direction the show is going for a long time. It's the only direction that makes sense.

We already know that the White Walkers are not an original species to Westeros; they do not have a divine or godly origin. They are former humans who were weaponized through magical rituals because of a dumb war. The entire point of them is "magic can lead to bad outcomes."

The era the story takes place is one in which magic resurfaces and can be used for 'good.' Then at the end it's used for good, it vanquishes the bad, but disappears forever. The dragons finally die, etc.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Untrue, there is a genuine chance that the white walkers win and everyone loses but actually that wouldn't sell well, would it.
What a bummer. Can't wait to see how the books solve this.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i appreciate sansa knowing cersei well enough to know anyone who believed she'd send an army is a fuckin dumb idiot

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I loving LOL’d hard at the cut from the Tyrion/Sansa conversation to awkward Bran staring at Tyrion.

Would be hilarious if Dany had Sam executed for openly mourning an enemy of the queen.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 15, 2019

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

CODChimera posted:

What else would their motivation be? They've been cutting people up since the very first episode.

There are a lot of plausible theories that they are the good guys in the books. At the very least, Grum intends them to be multi-dimensional with complex motivations. But yeah, the White Walkers in the show are not The Others from the books. They are just boring ice zombies.

I haven't watched the show yet because I'm an effeminate European but I'm glad that all the stupid, lazy spoilers are true. At least it won't be dumber than that.

I'm also really glad that this stupid dumb show is over soon and that we can all move on with our lives and civilization.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

You can safely wait for the next week and watch both episodes at once anyways, at least keep some sexual tension up that way.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

esperterra posted:

i appreciate sansa knowing cersei well enough to know anyone who believed she'd send an army is a fuckin dumb idiot

It's awesome because everyone seems to think everyone else is the smartest people they know. And they're all loving idiots.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/9p7u4u/season_8_news_and_leaks/

"Frikidoctor" is the guy who leaked the pilot, so anything he says should be accurate.

Major spoiler: Tyrion burns down Kings Landing and is executed for treason.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's like poetry, it rhymes...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It just doesn't make any sense for that to be true. Then again, lovely writers and all that.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So about my toxx...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Goons Are Great posted:

Funny that they blew that elephant thing up so much, given Cersei had exactly one line in this show referencing those elephants and she never showed major interest in those later. Not to say that elephants aren't exactly an amazing weapon against dragons and what the gently caress is even going on there, Jesus christ.

Can someone point me to the other probably hardly readable scripts?

for real what good are elephants even in a war with dragons? :confused:

Some writer thought elephants was gonna be the funniest line ever or something. So loving bizarre.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Some writer thought elephants was gonna be the funniest line ever or something. So loving bizarre.

Mobile ballista platform!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Zaphod42 posted:

It's a joke about CGI budget.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's a joke about CGI budget.

That makes no sense. They're doing fewer episodes than ever this season so the budget can be higher than ever. We're getting full on CG dragons every single episode, along with massive armies.

If they wanted to they could easily afford CGI elephants. Its not a joke its just ham-fisted writing dude.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
So is Daario gonna turn the Golden company on the Lannister army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

it’s literally just a joke why are you getting so hung up on it?